NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Shooting ranges in Boston Area?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 04:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man I should teach women's night... have to look into that. I need to sight in the AK too, I've only had it out twice and it was mainly bump firing and laying waste to a small hill loaded with watermelons and cantaloupes, you know how it is but longer range w/ the iron sights was difficult, AK sights suck as is but I'm a pistol guy and not experienced with adjusting them. Still getting that scope though, that should be easier, I'll just get some range guy to help with the irons.

G35Mass you seem to have some legal knowledge, what is the chance that Mass won't let me bring the AK? I hadn't even considered that but now it's scaring me a bit, I wouldn't put it past them. I just got my Mass driver's license yesterday so looking to bring them up soon. Here's a pic:

Attached Thumbnails Shooting ranges in Boston Area?-range-mini.jpg  
Old 08-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Banned
depends what city you are going to live in? i am pretty sure in the city of BOSTON there is a assault weapon/high capacity clip ban?

Old 08-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just remember women are crazy.

Originally Posted by Castro
Man I should teach women's night...

Old 08-03-2007, 08:33 AM
Originally Posted by killerlexus
depends what city you are going to live in? i am pretty sure in the city of BOSTON there is a assault weapon/high capacity clip ban?
Hmmm that sounds plausible, I'm in the burbs. I'll call the sheriff's office next week, see what the deal is. Gword I'll let you know what the deal is with transport. And yeah, real crazy!

Old 08-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Banned
make sure you have a gun safe too. that will def help you in applying for FID.
in the suburbs its up to the police chief to issue out gun permits. based on your interviews and references.
i live in BROOKLINE and this town IS NOT issuing anymore NEW PISTOL PERMITS. if you are TRYING to renew. they will try EVERYTHING possiblle to deny you! they are trying to take away our rights to protect our families. you cannot rely on law enforment all the time. look what happened after hurricane katrina. if it wasnt for private citizens with guns protecting their families, things would have gotten alot worst. cops werent around to protect the citizens of louisianna.

Last edited by killerlexus; 08-03-2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 08-03-2007, 10:26 AM
Lexus if you don't mind can you explain what you know about Mass gun laws? You're talking over my head with FID, what is it? I'm clueless about antigun state laws. In PA I've had my concealled carry permit for years and all it took was a simple form with two references, a week, and $17.50. Is FID a carry permit? Thanks for the info.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:38 PM
Banned
In 1998, Massachusetts enacted some of the toughest gun control laws in the country. These laws have significantly changed requirements regarding the purchase, possession, carrying, storage, and licensing of firearms. This summary highlights a few of the key points. However, it in no way sets forth all of the obligations and rights of individuals with regard to firearms laws.

Local police departments have the authority to issue gun permits. Such permits include licenses to carry (L.T.C.) and firearm identification cards (F.I.D.). There are two types of licenses to carry. A Class A license to carry allows an individual to purchase, possess and carry large-capacity handguns, rifles, shotguns and feeding devices. A Class A license to carry is the only permit that authorizes a holder to carry a concealed and loaded firearm. A Class B license to carry permits a holder to purchase, possess, and carry non-large capacity handguns and large-capacity rifles and shotguns.

There are also two types of firearm identification cards. Unrestricted firearm identification cards allow for the possession of non-large capacity rifles and shotguns. The restricted version of the card is available solely for the possession of chemical sprays.

Massachusetts gun laws require that all firearms, rifles, and shotguns be stored in a secured, locked container or equipped with a tamper resistant mechanical lock or other safety devices properly engaged as to render the weapon inoperable by unlawful users. Moreover, every firearm and large capacity weapon sold in the Commonwealth must be equipped with a safety device (trigger lock) designed to prevent its discharge by an unauthorized user.

New residents have 60 days to obtain proper licenses. Non-residents may obtain temporary licenses to carry through the Firearms Record Bureau in order to possess and transport firearms through the Commonwealth. All non-residents must comply with all Massachusetts laws regarding transportation and storage while in the Commonwealth.

also if you have ever been arrested, your chances of getting a permit is SLIM. that includes juvenile records too believe it or not. it has happened to my friend. if you went to see a psych doctor at all in the past, you are not going to get any pistol permits. if either of these 2 scenerios describe you, then you are ONLY allowed a FISHING PERMIT LOL

other wise join a gun club and they will help you get a permit. plus you will have 24/7 access to which ever club you join. alot of law enforment , correctional officers go shooting late at night after a shift. that means if you cant sleep, head out to the club and squeeze off some lead. rain or shine
http://www.yankeepistol.com/

sorry for such a loooOng post.

Last edited by killerlexus; 08-03-2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-06-2007, 08:37 AM
My God. That's what I was afraid of, that is clearly unconstitution. I meet all the criteria though, how could they deny me? Is it really up to some local police officer to decide whether or not a law abiding citizen with no criminal or mental health history whatsoever, who has owned and been licensed to carry firearms for years, can keep his own guns in his own house? Insane. I'll make a call this week, hopefully being further from the city will give some preference.

Old 08-06-2007, 08:39 AM
Oh and thanks for the info man, I appreciate the heads up. I wouldn't want to freak out and get real pissed off if I was blind sided with this garbage, probably not the best way to go about solving the issue.

Old 08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned
i know of people that got denied permits because their kid was on probation for something stupid. since their kid was in the house under court supervision, the home owner CANNOT have guns in the house even though the guns are locked up in a safe. all because someone in the home, NOT HIM, is under court supervision.

Old 08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
i know of people that got denied permits because their kid was on probation for something stupid. since their kid was in the house under court supervision, the home owner CANNOT have guns in the house even though the guns are locked up in a safe. all because someone in the home, NOT HIM, is under court supervision.
I still meet the criteria... no kids yet that I know of.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned
one of the guys they denied, because of his kid , is actually in the marines. uncle sam thinks he is good enough to fight for our country, but the local police chief thinks otherwise. how is a military service man going to get denied a permit after he has served this country, not once, but twice over seas.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You know, the first thing dictators do is deny the public access to guns and religion. Mass is 1/2 way there but I don't know where this state stands on religion.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:48 AM
one of the guys they denied, because of his kid , is actually in the marines. uncle sam thinks he is good enough to fight for our country, but the local police chief thinks otherwise. how is a military service man going to get denied a permit after he has served this country, not once, but twice over seas.
That's disgusting. He should take them to court, get the NRA to back him, great PR for them.

"You know, the first thing dictators do is deny the public access to guns and religion. Mass is 1/2 way there but I don't know where this state stands on religion."

Agreed.