NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

FINALLY A CLEAN G IN JERSEY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2004, 03:44 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
FINALLY A CLEAN G IN JERSEY

I don't know about the rest of you...but with the weather being so cold here in New Jersey for the last 2 weeks...It made it impossible for me to get a sponge to my car....between the ice and snow and all the road salt they put down here lately my car looked terrible....I did not or will not take it to a auto wash because I have heard the nightmares of rims being scratched by the rails...so I just sat tight and finally......a warn super bowl sunday!!!! Just finished washing and detailing my car and rims....sigh...its great to have it clean again even if its for a couple of days....just needed to get all the salt off the rims and wheel wells and such...anyway I'm a happy camper.....doesn't take to much to make me happy...2old4this

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners and Piaa's waiting to be installed!

Old 02-01-2004, 11:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: FINALLY A CLEAN G IN JERSEY

i washed it yesterday (saturday) in mid state ny... soap water froze in the middle of washing...

but the car is damn clean though.

Twlight blue/Willow 6mt.
It's here

Old 02-02-2004, 12:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here. I just HAD to clean the car....despite the upcoming wintry mix forecasted for Tuesday. I went to this car wash joint which uses high pressure water....totally touchless and the tracks were WIDE. In fact, the only part that involved contact was the drying process where the employees were using terry cloths. There are not too many locations....just in PA (as far as I know). Check out the website for more info: www.safetywash.com

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 02-02-2004, 01:17 AM

Ya i washed the G today too. I turned my driveway into a practice rink for the Devils, but at least she's clean.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:26 AM

i took my g out this weekend. got a slight, very slight bit of road moisture mist on my rear quarter panels.

i don't drive her when the roads are wet.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 02-02-2004, 07:52 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just take her to one of those self wash places, and rinse her with high pressured water. The pressure is strong enough to take off all the salt and dirt. The car might not be all shiny (too cold to stand outside and wipe the car off) but it definitely removes 99% of the crap.

2004 G35C 6MT DG/Gr/Prem/NAV/A.Pedals/C.Corners/C.Bra/PIAA/Grnd.Kit/Rebadged [img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 09:40 AM

Can't wait to get it to the dealer today to have a rattle fixed, they clean it for free.

03 - Black - Premium - Wood - Aero w/ Spoiler - Z Tube - Grounded - Stillen CAI

Old 02-02-2004, 05:37 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Just an update:
since today was even nicer than Sunday, I decided to touch up some road nicks on the front bumper and then proceeded to wax and detail the whole car...I figured since It's this warm who knows when I will get another chance to re-wax again.....
even though its suppose to rain tomorrow...I know its well protected for another month or so....I unfortunately have to leave my car outside all year round. so I'm very **** about keeping my car clean and waxed...
anyway I hope every one had a great day with their G's......
I should have installed my clear corners today as well...but I really wasn't in the mood to pull down the inner fender wells to change out my clearance bulbs w/ the Piaa's as well..20ld4this

04 cpe ivory pearl/willow/5at/prem/prem/sport wheel pkg/clear corners and Piaa's waiting to be installed