NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

pulled over JUST after drag racing.... me ==> F***ed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OhMyG...35
Thank your buddy in the Evo! Because he turned off, the cop could only get one of you. So he saved you a 7 point racing ticket on top of that. I believe in MD (not sure if it is a nation wide thing) that law enforcement can give you $10 for every mph over the speed limit. Considering your speed that would be..oh wait he gave you a $20 discount. Good luck with this one. I would almost guarantee you will get suspended because after the MVA's little computer system gets done you are looking at around 12 points. Insurance if they decide to keep you will be at least $400 a month. Put your flame suit on its going to get hot in here.

Waiting for G35Mass!!!
if you put it like that, then definitely! Thank you Evo dude... whoever u are...

Old 09-16-2007, 04:10 PM
Premier Member

My reckless driving ticket put 3 points on my record here in CA. That increased my insurance to 2500 for 6 months. That doesn't drop off until 7 years. I got mine in 2000 and it is still on my record and should drop off soon. The insurance companies still sees it but some will not raise the premium because it was too old for them to count against me. They told me that its still on there...Now, I pay only 165 a month for 2 cars...You should be happy that he didn't get you for racing that would be worse. 1000K fine impound and who knows on the insurance...GL and hope you learn your lesson. I did when it happened to me...

Last edited by hai109; 09-16-2007 at 04:34 PM.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where in Maryland was this?

Old 09-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by filanj
If you sell your car before you go to court they may be somewhat lenient on you...
eh... I don't really want to sell the car though... I love it... I dunno, I'll talk to the lawyer and go from there.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Holy chit batmann!!

Be glad you live in MD though, because in CT I am pretty sure I would have gone to jail, and the Z impounded. What did he actually clock you at...110 mph?

Definitely going to have to get a lawyer. Forget high insurance, I guarantee the company DROPS you if you get all those points. And your license is likely going to be suspended off the bat. If the cop wasn't in a good mood, I could have lost my license for 30 days just for getting on the highway, going up to 110 then slowing down (he didn't clock me, but 5 violations total, received a ticket for one).

If anything you need the lawyer just to keep the license and hopefully not get nailed with all the violations. Maybe he can drop the 90+ ticket and you take everything else. Either way, at your age, if you can even GET insurance, have damn fun. $4,000 a year easy I bet (you already pay $3,000).

Old 09-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Go get a lawye! It helps

Old 09-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Zmazing03
Holy chit batmann!!

Be glad you live in MD though, because in CT I am pretty sure I would have gone to jail, and the Z impounded. What did he actually clock you at...110 mph?

Definitely going to have to get a lawyer. Forget high insurance, I guarantee the company DROPS you if you get all those points. And your license is likely going to be suspended off the bat. If the cop wasn't in a good mood, I could have lost my license for 30 days just for getting on the highway, going up to 110 then slowing down (he didn't clock me, but 5 violations total, received a ticket for one).

If anything you need the lawyer just to keep the license and hopefully not get nailed with all the violations. Maybe he can drop the 90+ ticket and you take everything else. Either way, at your age, if you can even GET insurance, have damn fun. $4,000 a year easy I bet (you already pay $3,000).
my premium isn't _that_ high right now, but i get the point you're making. Still appreciate your comments though.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:52 AM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
This happened to me when I was 18. i got a 1200.00 ticket where the state tropper caught up with me at a red light after I got off of the highway. He tagged me for 120+ in a 65, doubled the head fund injury fine to 100.00 and drag racing with another vehicle which was 500.00. Luckily he did not appear when I went to court so the ticket was dismissed but lesson learned.
Originally Posted by plaguevc
Yeah, at this point, I'm definately going to get a lawyer.

HAs anything similar happened to anyone on the list before?

Old 09-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Get a lawyer, there is a great chance he can have the other offence dropped but plea guilty on the others.

Old 09-17-2007, 11:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn, I dunno man. I wish you the best, but some of us have to learn the HARD way.. I sure did. Granted, my situation was different, but from an accident I had before I got my G, I had about 4pts on my driving record here in CA. and had to pay high rates of $420 a month just to be able to drive until the record cleared. I wouldn't plead not guilty; I'd face the judge, be honest and admit your wrong doings. I'd also maybe ask for a smaller fine to pay. In the end though, you may have to shop for a cheaper insurance.

Good luck.

Originally Posted by plaguevc
long story short:

Spe.ed Grea.ter Than Rea.sonable: $90
Ex.ceed Max speed 110.mph (my speed): $530
Other: $230

Total in fine: $850

(my next insurance premium: priceless)

Thank you Mary.land State Po.lice.

OK Now everyone... I know this was VERY stupid beyond any reason. I have no excuse what so ever. I know it was dangerous, and someone could have gotten hurt. In my defense, it was just me at the end. The evo took a ramp and went off the highway, I kept going, so no one was there to get hurt, just me.

What I want to know from you guys is, when I go to court, and p.lead gu.ilty, how screwed am I? As high the fines are, I'm not worried about that. What I am worried about are the points, because that is going to KILL my insurance premiums, and I'll be paying high premiums for the next what, 3-4 years? And that'll hurt me a lot more then the tickets.

I'd like to hear from you, if you have had similar experiences, or know of anyone who has. And how you fared.

Thanks!

Old 09-17-2007, 11:39 AM
Yes get a lawyer. I got a Speed Contest ticket back in 2002...got my car impounded, luckily i didn't get arrested. But yes, get a lawyer. He was able to bring it down to a $300 speeding ticket with no traffic school. That's a whole lot better than two points on my driving record...a misdemeanor at that.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:04 PM
damn that sucks man, sorry to hear that. As everyone else has said get the lawyer and play it by ear from there.. thats all you can really do

and nice win on the evo
what mods do yuo have?

Old 09-17-2007, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487

and nice win on the evo
what mods do yuo have?
This victory sounds suspicious, the evo got away, he's the one that got caught But seriously that really sucks, definately get a good lawyer wiliing to fight for you. This will cost a lot of money either way so don't skimp on the legal representation. And I'm surprised no one said this already but SLOW DOWN.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by filanj
850 minimal for your fine as it stands now. "If" the court finds out about the background of your speeding they may assess you those additional tickets for racing (which they can do after the fact). They will ask you why you were going those speeds and if you tell the TRUTH as mandated by the constitution you're basically SOL, so plead the 5th to that question. You're lawyer will go over all of this with you. Don't go cheap on a lawyer either. You're looking at a lot of money lost either way.

Unless the laws in MD have changed recently, to give "speed contest" tickets the law enforcement official has to pull over all cars involved and issue each driver with the same ticket. So he is golden on that one. Plus in MD the ticketing officer or the judge can not issue points. They can reduce or raise fines and reduce or raise speeds (yes they can raise speeds if the officer clocked the offender at a higher rate of speed than what he was charged for as long as the officer wrote it on the ticket). Based on the judges decision on these 2 matters it then goes to the MVA's computer system which determines the points. Assuming he gets charged with everything he will get at least 12 points (which means revocation) and he won't be driving for at least a month. Given his age and his priors it is not looking too good. And I am serious when I say good luck keeping your current insurance. Your only chance of being insured will be through a government program that will bend you over and a$$ rape you. Where in MD were you at? Maybe we can help you find a lawyer.

Last edited by Msedanman; 11-01-2007 at 06:48 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Originally Posted by Rphillips6487
damn that sucks man, sorry to hear that. As everyone else has said get the lawyer and play it by ear from there.. thats all you can really do

and nice win on the evo
what mods do yuo have?
thanks. Don't think it was worth it though.

My car's stock, 2004, 6mt wit brembo breaks and aero package.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: pulled over JUST after drag racing.... me ==> F***ed.