NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

pulled over JUST after drag racing.... me ==> F***ed.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm in PG county... any lawyer recommendations?

Old 09-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Mike Team350GZ
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dam man that sucks good luck with everything. My worst ticket I ever got was the first months I had my G I got pulled over going 125 in a 30 passing a car I cant remember the exact amount but it was around $2000. Good thing I know a lot of cops...... I didnt even have to pay the ticket, and still have a clean driving record.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Here in Ontario, California if they catch you drag racing on the street, they'll confiscate your car and have it crushed. Pretty harh s**t, but I guess it gets the message across.

Old 10-26-2007, 05:47 PM
Originally Posted by mike281
dam man that sucks good luck with everything. My worst ticket I ever got was the first months I had my G I got pulled over going 125 in a 30 passing a car I cant remember the exact amount but it was around $2000. Good thing I know a lot of cops...... I didnt even have to pay the ticket, and still have a clean driving record.
Here in PA you cant get pulled over if your only passing a car, doesnt matter how fast. As long as it is a dotted yellow line.
Anyway...

You think you have it bad guys? Well, my 2 friends went to drag race(first and last time). My one friend got caught. His ticket was $3215 total:
Drag Racing
Speeding(155 in a 35)
Driving on the wrong side of the yellow line
and other little things.

Now his insurance is $4250 for 6 months. If you do the math it is $8500 a year. Guess who doesnt drive now? Correct, him since no 17 year old cn pay that.

There stupid, I told them the could use my membership to the drag stripe but instead he ends up not driving.

Thanks!

Old 10-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Mike Team350GZ
Originally Posted by Eagles1227
Here in PA you cant get pulled over if your only passing a car, doesnt matter how fast. As long as it is a dotted yellow line.
Anyway...

You think you have it bad guys? Well, my 2 friends went to drag race(first and last time). My one friend got caught. His ticket was $3215 total:
Drag Racing
Speeding(155 in a 35)
Driving on the wrong side of the yellow line
and other little things.

Now his insurance is $4250 for 6 months. If you do the math it is $8500 a year. Guess who doesnt drive now? Correct, him since no 17 year old cn pay that.

There stupid, I told them the could use my membership to the drag stripe but instead he ends up not driving.

Thanks!
haha ya it wasn't a dotted yellow line where i was passing though. it was a regular double solid yellow line so a no passing zone I guess you could call it.

Old 10-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by mike281
haha ya it wasn't a dotted yellow line where i was passing though. it was a regular double solid yellow line so a no passing zone I guess you could call it.
ouch!

Old 10-27-2007, 10:20 AM
ok so i dont know were everyone else is from but in Columbia MD, I was clocked going 125 in a 55 zone off 29 right by the burtonsville Shopping plaza. I pleaded not guilty *this was before they had the option on tickets to plead guilty but with explanation-in hopes of reducing fines and points. Also I was not smart enough back then to get a lawyer.

So the story went like this - After i got my ticket i waited 4 months until my tiral was set, went in, they called my name, *i had this speech written up about how sorry i was and it was my first offense and I just got the car and yada yada yada. ANYWAYS, BEFORE i could even speak the judge says "sit back down, you have no excuse for ever going this fast and do you know you could have killed yourself and harmed others? I dont think you have anything to say that wont anger me even more right now so sit down!" ANd so i sat down and laughed to myself and thought yup my life is over. The judge said he'll only require me to pay the 530 for exceeding the maximum speed limit because i came to show my face.

boom. Trial over, waited there for another hour as everyone else finished. went out to pay the ticket and waited another 3 months for the insurance company to realize i had a ticket. I called the MVA and they said they gave me 5 points for exceeding the speed limit to that degree. My insurance used to be 500 something every 6 months with geico but was then dropped. They said i was a "too high risk" client to insure. I went to Progressive, Here i paid 559 every F!*#ING month. I was dead broke, but still driving!!!!! haha

At the 3 year mark the (MVA) maryland vehicle association will drop your points for any ticket over 3 years, not off your record, but it can no longer be held against you for insurance premiums, so now that it had been 3 years +, I called the insurance company and they said the rate will not drop for me in MD. I was explained "although legally in MD we cannot surcharge you for anything beyond three years, we can underwrite your policy for the last 5 years" So here they were still charging me, although it wasnt on paper like 'oh you have this ticket on your record so you have to pay more' my policy overall was increased, so i was still paying through my teeth.

It has now been the 5 year mark, I am no longer penalized "underwritten poicy wise." So i went back to geico (because I insure my family under geico) , they finally decreased my premium.... You'd think I was celebrating... right? nope Turns out after a ticket like that you're in this differnt company for auto insurers. It's called the "high risk company" and i dont get to move out of that until 7 MOTEHR F#@*ing years after the ticket. I asked "hey is there anyway i can get out of this "high risk company" earlier?' and their reponse? "hey now lets take baby steps one step at a time please sir" Again i laughed to myself but this time wanting to beat the insurance company to death. And so because of me being in the "high risk company" of geico's, I now pay 299 a MONTH A FRIGGIN MONTH!

Old 10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
Mike Team350GZ
so about $3600 a year, that's about what we pay in mass for full coverage on a descent car with a clean driving record for the first few years you have your license with a clean driving record.

Old 10-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I use to work for Allstate and there is no easy way to say it, your screwed. You will get put into the "assigned risk" or "high risk" category depending on your provider. This is of course if they dont decide to drop you. You will be forced to pay through the roof for up to 7 years depending on the state your in. I see way to many people who think they can drive like they own the road and get away with it. YOU CANT!! You will get caught and you will be forced to pay the consequences. While your situation is unfortunate I cannot feel sorry for you. If you want to race, go to the track. If you dont you will just find yourself right back where you started, in trouble again.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:28 AM
I'd go beg and plead with the officer, tell him what a retard you are,and how you will never do this again,and you are sorry,and ask him just to fine you,or maybe see if he will do a point reduction. Not sure how much good it will do, but it might help a little,and of course, get a lawyer.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:46 AM
yo plaguevc ... since this thread is back, what's the update? been to court yet?

Old 11-01-2007, 06:09 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i got caught reckless driving 2 years ago here in NJ. if anyone's from bergen, then they should know route 17. i was caught going 130 (65 there) so it was doubled (same situation as you i guess?)

what i did was call my state trooper friend to talk to the cop, then tell him to talk to the prosecutor. after that, the prosecutor said okay, you can pay it off, but you only have 2 chances left to pay it off after this. i think i paid somewhere around 500-600 including court fees and what not, but its not recorded on my record. (it'll show up if i get caught and pay it off my 3rd time)

maybe MD is the same? good luck man.

Old 11-01-2007, 11:30 AM
Banned
thats why dont stop ! never lift. dont look back. concentrate on the road in front!

Old 11-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by dieselaznrock
boom. Trial over, waited there for another hour as everyone else finished. went out to pay the ticket and waited another 3 months for the insurance company to realize i had a ticket. I called the MVA and they said they gave me 5 points for exceeding the speed limit to that degree. My insurance used to be 500 something every 6 months with geico but was then dropped. They said i was a "too high risk" client to insure. I went to Progressive, Here i paid 559 every F!*#ING month. I was dead broke, but still driving!!!!! haha

You went over double the speed limit and that is it? FVCK I just got a speeding ticket a few months ago running 78 on 55mph (NYC highway limit is 55mph) and I'm set to get 6 points. Hope Esurance don't drop me just like a hot potato