NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Team 350 G'Z CT/MA Meet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 05:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by M4Gunner
wassup suckahs! this is the part where i come in and say something pointless, borderline offensive (or way over the border) and in no way, any help to the thread, yet.. i still get a good laugh out of it. so, with that said. Brian, you're gay!

hahahahahaha

P.S. shawn.. thanks for the roofies. they tasted like sourapple.

mmmm apples! lol

Old 10-22-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by ZDriver12
G35_MASS - is there any type of defense that I can bring to the judge to fight this? There was a media truck in the far right lane that was ahead of us and by the time I saw the cop in the horizion I was not doing what the ticket says the speed was.
Lidar is pinpoint-accurate, so saying "he got the truck, not me" won't work. They're super accurate to incredible distances. You may not have seen him, but he saw you.
I have never heard of anyone trying to play lawyer / speeding expert winning. The good old "we were in a large group ride taking an easy stroll through the Berkshiers to see the pretty leaves, and being in a long group I absolutely didn't realize we were moving so fast" will get you much further. You're dealing with judges and magistrates. They have law degrees. They're pretty smart, they've heard every BS excuse, and are lied to every day by people standing exactly where you are. It gets old for them real quickly. They're human, and won't buy the BS excuses.

Originally Posted by OMEGA46
A reasonable assumption that all 3 were speeding to me is an unfair way to hit quota.
Thats basically telling me I am guilty by association since I was behind Tim, and Dave was also guilty by the same reason of association because he was behind my car.
Quit it with the quota bull****, they're illegal in Mass.

If you were behind him, you were speeding. If you weren't going as fast, you wouldn't be behind him.

You're not knowledgeable enough to try to fight this on technicalities, etc. That attitude will earn you a quick "R" (for responsible aka guilty) on your driving record.

Old 10-22-2007, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Lidar is pinpoint-accurate, so saying "he got the truck, not me" won't work. They're super accurate to incredible distances. You may not have seen him, but he saw you.
I have never heard of anyone trying to play lawyer / speeding expert winning. The good old "we were in a large group ride taking an easy stroll through the Berkshiers to see the pretty leaves, and being in a long group I absolutely didn't realize we were moving so fast" will get you much further. You're dealing with judges and magistrates. They have law degrees. They're pretty smart, they've heard every BS excuse, and are lied to every day by people standing exactly where you are. It gets old for them real quickly. They're human, and won't buy the BS excuses.

If you were behind him, you were speeding. If you weren't going as fast, you wouldn't be behind him.

You're not knowledgeable enough to try to fight this on technicalities, etc. That attitude will earn you a quick "R" (for responsible aka guilty) on your driving record.

Thanks for the info G. Are you a mass cop? Were you at the meet this weekend?

Old 10-22-2007, 07:23 PM

Whoa whoa calm down buddy, relax. You have no idea on how much someone might or might not know. I made an "assumption about quota", as it was "assumed" I was doing 86MPH. And your right I don't know enough in "technicalities", and thats why I would just higher a lawyer to represent me. But now who made the assumption?????? And as far as "if you were behind him, you were speeding", I was several car lengths behind him so that comment would have to apply to every single other vehicle within visual range. I would gladly admit and pay any fine up to 80MPH, and would never BS a trooper or Court otherwise, and that is the only reason I plan to fight it, because I know I wasn't going the speed he implied. I gladly take ownership for any wrong doing I en-vole myself in, something I didn't do is a completely different story. Anyway, thanks for the insight you gave ZDriver12. It's appreciated. Wasn't trying to be disrespectful.

Last edited by OMEGA46; 10-22-2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 07:29 PM
where's sleeping beauty!!! lol

Old 10-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by DRIFTU
man there was no way he could have radared me, i was right behind omega and to the left so when he saw my car i was allready doing the speed limit, but we all had the cars and he obviously knew that we knew each other so he radared Tim and just figured that the other 2 following him were going the same speed...

I dontk now if Tim can get away with it but we might... right when we passed him i saw him pull out and put his lights on so i just pulled to the middle lane and as he was passing me, he pointed form e to pull over so i was nice enough to do so and still get a ticket, bastard..

yo dave hows everything? I almost got a ticket on a way home doing 100 but the cop missed me I was so lucky.

Old 10-23-2007, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by M4Gunner
wassup suckahs! this is the part where i come in and say something pointless, borderline offensive (or way over the border) and in no way, any help to the thread, yet.. i still get a good laugh out of it. so, with that said. Brian, you're gay!

hahahahahaha

P.S. shawn.. thanks for the roofies. they tasted like sourapple.
for the record Brian tried to make out with me... haha j.k.

Old 10-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Brian
Dude, please be aware that your concept of reality exists only in your own head. Stop confusing your personal fantasies with actual reality.

kthx

Old 10-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by AthensBlueG
Dude, please be aware that your concept of reality exists only in your own head. Stop confusing your personal fantasies with actual reality.

kthx

Burn

Old 10-23-2007, 02:57 PM
Athens just PMed me, asked for my input.

In the academy, we're taught to obtain a full "tracking history" of a vehicle.

That encompases:
  • Observing a vehicle, estimating that it is over the speed limit. Estimate its speed
  • Measure it's speed with a calibrated speed capturing device
  • Acquire a clear, constant audible tone from the device to assure the reading is accurate

If three cars are driving together, none faster or slower, only one car needs to be measured. While he may have only wanted one car, if two others volunteered to stop and he knows they are speeding, he sure can cite them, as a reasonable person would know that all three are speeding.
I can pay the ticket, im more worried about my license. I currently have a Cinderella 8am-8pm license, now, do you think anything will happen if i am guilty of this speeding violation? I just dont want them to take away my license...

Old 10-23-2007, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by ivan007
yo dave hows everything? I almost got a ticket on a way home doing 100 but the cop missed me I was so lucky.
hey Ivan Jak sie masz!!! Good thing you didnt get a ticket, sadly 3 of us did .

Maybe if Tim and I go to Adrians case as witnesses? and then Tim and Adrian to mine, and Adrian and me to Tims? Would that help?

Old 10-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Here are some extra pictures I found on my phone that lenny took while I was driving.

Enjoy!

Last edited by ZDriver12; 10-23-2007 at 03:25 PM.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by DRIFTU
I can pay the ticket, im more worried about my license. I currently have a Cinderella 8am-8pm license, now, do you think anything will happen if i am guilty of this speeding violation? I just dont want them to take away my license...
Cinderella licenses are not shall-issue, they can revoke it at any point for no just cause. Demonstrating that you still haven't learned surely isn't the image someone who cares about their driving privilege wants to demonstrate. A not-responsible still shows up on your driving record, and since they can revoke your provisional license for NO reason, getting gigged sure is a perfect reason to do such.

Old 10-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Sounds to me like you are burned either way man. Just from what I have read here, I would not go to court and plead not guilty. Especially now that you mention the restriction on your license. Don't get me wrong man, I want you to get off as much as you do, but I think going to court, in this case, will only hurt you more than help. I personally wouldn't buy that three of the same kind of car, going 80+ in a line, didn't know what they were doing. People aren't stupid, they know what we do when we get in groups, and so does everyone here. The goal is just to not get caught. Getting caught and then fighting it, in this case, won't help you IMO. When you are driving with enthusiasts of the same vehicle, in most peoples eyes you are guilty before you even do anything illegal.

Old 10-24-2007, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI: G35 Mass

95% of cops can not drive anyways, so they might as well save there gas and wait for an old lady to go by

if you can catch me and get my plate, i deserve the ticket, but you never will, so dont waste yoyu gas man as you will end up like the statey trying to pull me over on 95n in the rain doing XXX and i watched him try to come oit fast and spin around in the middle on hwy where he was trying to pull out from and i wet myself and said what a newbie im series too

they should really put cops thru a driving school and if they already did they should let me teach them instead because 90% of them are clueless

no offense

BTW: driftu, ill fix your litle issue whne you get a hearing, dont worry abt it

Last edited by Scootch; 10-24-2007 at 01:21 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Team 350 G'Z CT/MA Meet