NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NJ Inspection

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation NJ Inspection

Hi,

I recently purchased my used G35 in NY, and just moved to NJ and need to get the car inspected asap. I've searched about the NJ Inspection Passing in the forum, and have found not much regarding my concerns.

I've just gotten the front tints off (so, so sad), and realized that there were some other things that I'm doubting will pass inspection:

* Emblems (SKYLINE/350GT/Nissan)
* Clearcorners (the bulbs inside happen to be white)
* Suspension (it's pretty low -- Tein Coilovers with EDFC)
* Headlights (It's a little bit bluish, but I believe I can tell the difference between high/lowbeams)

If you guys don't mind, can you guys please give me some tips/pointers that I should be aware of before getting my car inspected?

Thanks you guys in advance,
JP

Last edited by NY2SHANGHAI; 11-26-2007 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:03 PM
The emblems have no sway on the inspection... neither do the clear corners because they are not your turn signals (your turn signals are the orange bulbs within your headlights).

The suspension shouldnt be a problem unless you're SLAMMED... but in that case, just raise it up (that's what coilovers are for, anyways). And unless your headlights are crayola blue, no inspection place will say anything.

From my experience, an inspection place is just happy to get your business.. I've been passed with illegal tints ONCE, no front plates THREE TIMES, and numerous other things. so dont worry

Old 11-26-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i dont think you'll get in trouble for the emblems or suspension. as far as the headlights and clearcorners go, if they arent too blue (ie. cops) you should be fine, just my two cents...

Old 11-27-2007, 06:04 PM
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
I recently went thru inspection for the first time since owning my G...(4yrs).

The only thing I did was to temporarily install my front plate assembly, and put in amber bulbs in my clear corners.

I have aftermarket fogs that give off a blue reflection in the headlight housing, and I thought for sure that would tag me for that....

Passed no problems....I may have even gotten by with the Piaa's in my clear corners, but I was not that daring .......

Window tints can be a real problem unfortunately, depending on where you go.... You could always try leaving the windows down....worked for me once a long time ago.
Good luck

Old 11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
Thumbs up Passed

I've gotten my car inspected in Lodi this afternoon, and am glad that I passed the inspection without a problem.
I was worried that they'd say something about my clearcorners and my headlights, because I didn't put the stock ambercorners and the stock headlight bulbs back on (since they had a slight blue hue). However, they didn't say anything about the two, and went on with the inspection.
All in all, it took roughly 30 minutes (waiting in line and waiting for inspection), and they passed my car for inspection and complimented my car.

Steve