NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Test drive 6MT at Ray Catena?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2004, 10:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test drive 6MT at Ray Catena?

Got my G from Ray Catena a month ago. Just wondering if they let you test drove the 6MT. They wouldnt let me at first, instead offering me to drive the 5AT, saying it's their policy since they had problems w/ people abusing or breaking something in the 6MT during the drive. And at that time, the only 6MT they had was the one in the showroom. I started to head out telling them I'm not buying anything I haven't tested.

They gave in and let me test drive the one in the showroom It was funny coz they had to move ppl and furniture, aside from the 2 other cars in the showroom blocking it. This was 3 months before I bought my G from them, at that time I told them thanks for the ride I'll be on my way. Must be pretty annoyed by that, but hey, they got my business 3months after. But all in all, they were cool and very professional. Got $1500 off msrp plus free XM.

2004 Coupe 6MT / Ivory Pearl / Black / Premium / Aero / 3pc Bodykit

Old 03-12-2004, 06:10 PM
Re: Test drive 6MT at Ray Catena?

yeah when I went there, they said "Sorry you must make a special appointment" to do 6mt, and while I may be somewhat young, I still had my 62 year old father with me, so it wasn't like I was just going for a joyride.

Oh well, I got the 5AT, and was still happy enough.

Nice job on the free XM.

By the way, I never bought from them, but that wasn't cause of the no-6mt test drive policy, they just weren't giving the price I wanted.

2004 Twlight Blue/Willow 6mt Coupe.
Bel Vector 985 Hardwired.
Grounding Kit.
Next Project: Carputer.

Old 03-12-2004, 06:34 PM

i ordered mine in 6/03. then, 6mtC's were flying off shelves. they had none in stock. any that were ordered were sold as they came in.

they recommended i test a Z. nissan dealers had those mt's in stock.

04 6mtC, DG - possibly most babied G on the board.

Old 03-12-2004, 09:44 PM

The lady there was ready to let me drive a stick, but I didn't know how to. I was contemplating on getting the G as my first stick car. I ended up just driving an AT and buying AT. She was cool, and wanted me to take hard corners. I believe she was promoted to general manager of sales. Congrats on your XM radio. I bought mine almost a year ago, and they wouldn't go anywhere below MSRP. Oh well, at least I was one of the few who had the car at the time

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 03-13-2004, 02:14 AM

Well I got the XM coz it was in the car I wanted. When I came back after I test drove it 3 months earlier, I already knew what I wanted. I came in, said I wanted an Ivory Pearl 6MT Coupe, black leather, which was rare than IP's w/ willow ( i never liked willow), aero, no NAV. Lucky me, they had this one, but w/ the aero kit (chin spoiler, splash guards) and XM.

Ok, I like the aero kit but I could do w/o XM. Haggled w/ the sales rep till he got his manager. They took off XM from the price list aside from the $1500 off msrp.

Oh plus the wheel locks were free

2004 Coupe 6MT / Ivory Pearl / Black / Premium / Aero / 3pc Bodykit

Old 03-13-2004, 07:14 AM

was the sales mgr a woman named deana?

Old 03-13-2004, 12:09 PM

Studly, that's the one. Did you deal with her?

G35 Coupe. Diamond Graphite, Graphite, Premium and wheel and Tire package. Zaino Baby.

Old 03-13-2004, 01:29 PM

i originally went there, spoke with some sales guy (who left dealership shortly afterwards), was ready to buy but they wouldn't budge. the next day i just needed to confirm bmw would give me back my deposit and i'd be ready to order.

in the meantime, i called douglas infiniti who game me discount, but sales guy never called back.

later on, when i debated switching to sedan, i went back to catena, deana had been promoted and was very nice. this time they did follow up calls. don't know if she was just a mgr or general mgr.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:07 AM

Yes, they let me drive a 6mt. Even pulled the white sedan off the showroom floor for me to drive. I was very impressed by that and was one of the reasons I ordered my car from them. That and the great deal they gave me. I was impressed with the way there was little pressure to buy there and now (apart from the usual - "What will it take to sign today"), and it was a generally very positive experience.

My only issue with them was the employee turnover - I went through 3 salespeople since August '03 when I started looking at their dealership. The first was a lady (Lisa), then Joe B, then Paul S, and finally Chris R, who delivered my car. The best were Joe & Chris. Chris did seem genuinely interested in mending the relationship (Paul told me my car would be in the beginning of Dec, and it didn't arrive until Jan 19th to say the least), and was a very pleasant individual to deal with (I'd reccomend him). Even dealt with Deanna directly through my salespeople ordeal and found she left the dealership - shame as she was very good to deal with as well.

I'd reccomend Ray Catena, but only if what you want is on the lot - having so many salespeople is crazy and I hope they fix their high turnover rate. My dealings with the parts department was very positive and I'll be trying the service dept. in a couple weeks (1st oil change), and think that will be a good experience as well.

Old 03-16-2004, 10:53 AM

my initial guy was rob wall. he NEVER followed-up.
when i went back a guy barry was good, courteous and did numerous low pressure follows.

deanna seemed good.

Old 03-16-2004, 11:03 AM

I went there with an appointment to drive the 6MT...got there and the sales guy told me none on the lot...so I drove all that way for nothing..
So I bought from Flemington.
Kerry

Old 03-16-2004, 08:52 PM

ray catena is the worst. my family has 3 infinitis, all from flemington. good luck trying to get a loaner from ray catena, 6-8 week waiting list. flemington, a week.

Old 04-13-2004, 09:13 AM

I test drove ar ray Catera, they gave me a great price on 6mt sedan (1800 0ff sticker), but never followed up. So 2 days before the end of the mounth I called and took back my deposit. At that time they were willing to do anything to get my business and called me back 3x in one day. Well I still did not buy a G yet I an still looking I currently have a dealed in Meryland (JBA) thats offering me a sedan for 1000 below sticker