NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

March DIY Install Day feeler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
^Okay cool just let me know. We can always retorque everything down (impact wrench style of course )
Cool. Jon is coming to my work now and we're going to check things out. Love Fridays...

Old 04-18-2008, 01:41 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
^Best day of the week! I think I am going to go to Parkway Cycles before heading home. Saw way too many GSX-r's and R1/R6's this morning

Old 04-18-2008, 02:00 PM
haha problem solved for the most part on wil's car..i'm gonna being my splash guards up so we can install those

Old 04-18-2008, 02:48 PM
Originally Posted by xjonmo
haha problem solved for the most part on wil's car..i'm gonna being my splash guards up so we can install those
what was the problem? was it something ridiculously simple?

oh, and i ended up getting a speeding ticket later that night ... 70 in a 40 on storrow drive... sigh, no anyone that can help me out? like a family member who's a police officer?

- Arcady

Old 04-18-2008, 02:52 PM
LMAO I knew someone was gonna get a ticket last night. I jsut had a feeling...lol. Was Boston or State?
Originally Posted by rockd

oh, and i ended up getting a speeding ticket later that night ... 70 in a 40 on storrow drive... sigh, no anyone that can help me out? like a family member who's a police officer?

- Arcady

Old 04-18-2008, 03:25 PM

- Arcady
Dude! You should of just followed Jon and I...Jon had his radar detector going the entire time and spotted those fools hiding out like snakes!

It was the strut bearing. It was not tight at all. I have to tighen it some more, but just a simple hand tightening made a lot of difference.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:05 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
LMAO I knew someone was gonna get a ticket last night. I jsut had a feeling...lol. Was Boston or State?
State, cuz I was on Storrow Drive... he followed me for 5 minutes with his lights off to see if i was drunk or not. of course, i was perfectly sober...

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Dude! You should of just followed Jon and I...Jon had his radar detector going the entire time and spotted those fools hiding out like snakes!
It was later on that night, after I had met up with some friends... I had my V1 on too, and so did AthensBlueG in the car behind me. But i SWEAR he didn't actually tag me, cuz the V1 never went off...

Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it was laser, it would've been too late for the V1 or any detector anyways.. only helps if he tags someone infront of you..

I had a statie pull me over.. he was on the opposite side of road.. I was going under the speed limit since I was turning into a parking lot.. he swings around and pulls me over.. IN THE PARKING LOT lol

Old 04-18-2008, 08:53 PM
Just ask him for the calibration of the radar.

Old 04-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by Down_Shift
If it was laser, it would've been too late for the V1 or any detector anyways.. only helps if he tags someone infront of you..

I had a statie pull me over.. he was on the opposite side of road.. I was going under the speed limit since I was turning into a parking lot.. he swings around and pulls me over.. IN THE PARKING LOT lol
it wasnt laser... on the ticket, he checked RADAR and ESTIMATED... and he left Lidar unchecked. My V1 picks up radar from a mile away, so i know he was full of ****

Old 04-18-2008, 11:53 PM
it wasnt laser... on the ticket, he checked RADAR and ESTIMATED... and he left Lidar unchecked. My V1 picks up radar from a mile away, so i know he was full of ****
My friend got that same ticket on Storrow. Cop said he was following him for like 10 min and pulled him over when he took the exit to go into Cambridge. I think he got 60 in 30 or something and it said "ESTIMATED." He went to court and lost somehow

Old 04-20-2008, 05:27 PM
so speaking of suspension problems... my rear suspension just started creaking really bad on uneven pavement at low speeds. At first, i thought it was the swaybar bushings, but the noise was still there after I re-greased them. Then, i thought it might be the endlinks, but it's not really a "clunking" noise... more like a loud creak.

any advice from the suspension experts?

Old 04-20-2008, 09:24 PM
so speaking of suspension problems... my rear suspension just started creaking really bad on uneven pavement at low speeds. At first, i thought it was the swaybar bushings, but the noise was still there after I re-greased them. Then, i thought it might be the endlinks, but it's not really a "clunking" noise... more like a loud creak.

any advice from the suspension experts?
Maybe its time for a Repair/Maintenance day. I need some input from you guys on how to tighten the strut bearings without removing the entire system from the car...and also my front left turn signal is out...

We also should have a Detailing day soon...

Old 04-20-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm down to do detailing day very soon. I still haven't washed the bird **** off my car yet. I also need to bleed my clutch and brake fluid.

Wil, tighten that the way we did it at Eric's. The easiest way to do it would be for you to get a 17mm open ended and some pliers. If you need help let me know..I'm back in town.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by xjonmo
I'm down to do detailing day very soon. I still haven't washed the bird **** off my car yet. I also need to bleed my clutch and brake fluid.

Wil, tighten that the way we did it at Eric's. The easiest way to do it would be for you to get a 17mm open ended and some pliers. If you need help let me know..I'm back in town.
I removed all the bird **** the other day. I think they hit me up 25+ times! What do you feed them birds over in Dorchester! hahaha. I would be up for a detailing day soon too.

I tried it, but I needed an extension to the wrench to give me a little more umph.

btw. my front turn signals are LEDs...will that be easy to replace?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: March DIY Install Day feeler