NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

question for people in boston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question for people in boston

hey guys,

im looking for a good shop to install my brakes and rotors for a good price AND im also looking for a shop that can do a clutch install for a good price as well... actually any good shop, price is flexible but if any of you boston locals could point me in the right direction that would be great!

Old 02-11-2008, 08:11 PM
anyone?

Old 02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Ill do the brakes, lol Certified Toyota Tech.............

Old 02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
like I said in the pm, try DSG...they're in Norwood, MA (about 10-15 min from Boston)

http://www.dentsport.com/

Aside from them, I don't know of anyone local I would trust.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by 617G
like I said in the pm, try DSG...they're in Norwood, MA (about 10-15 min from Boston)

Yea I would have said DSG too up until about a month ago, they totallllly fcked my friend over! He went to get his transmission worked on, they totally screwed it up and gave the car back to him like that. Then when he went to take it back to them, they actually admitted they screwed up and paid for it to be fixed by someone else!!! And, damn, for a supposed reputible company that was on the cover of Sport Compact Mag, thats fcked up!!! I dont trust them anymore, he had sooo much damage!

just my opinion though

I got some of my work done at Redi Rite in MA, Im not sure of the exact location, I forgot. You can ask Scootch though, he will know.

Old 02-13-2008, 09:48 AM
CFW (Carbon Fiber Whore)
Originally Posted by ChickFlynByU
Yea I would have said DSG too up until about a month ago, they totallllly fcked my friend over! He went to get his transmission worked on, they totally screwed it up and gave the car back to him like that. Then when he went to take it back to them, they actually admitted they screwed up and paid for it to be fixed by someone else!!! And, damn, for a supposed reputible company that was on the cover of Sport Compact Mag, thats fcked up!!! I dont trust them anymore, he had sooo much damage!

just my opinion though

I got some of my work done at Redi Rite in MA, Im not sure of the exact location, I forgot. You can ask Scootch though, he will know.
I heard Redi Rite left a members car outside all torn apart while he was on deployment Don't think I would trust them either...Last time I checked, they were a body shop, not a mechanic shop.

I've heard good and bad about a lot of companies around here. That's why all my work has been done in NH Honestly and customer service goes a long way

Old 02-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 617G

you took the words outa my mouth...

Old 02-18-2008, 07:18 AM
ChickenflynbyU,

This is Alex from Dent Sport. I was just checking up on our site stats and I saw a link from here. I don't want to raise any hackles or anything over this but I think you're talking about Tom's car.

I think the storyv is mixed up a little bit. We rebuilt his transmission. That came out perfect. We do more transmission rebuilds on performance cars than any other shop in New England. Unfortunately we messed up his clutch job. It was a silly mistake. We thought that his 2G DSM had crankwalk (a very common problem) which was causing inconsistent clutch engagement. We gave him his car back because short of rebuilding the engine there was no remedy! It turned out to be the slave cylinder hose to the clutch slave cylinder. One of us twisted it and it had a kink making it inoperable.

There was no "damage" to his car. We paid him all of his money back for the clutch job. Would you rather a shop admit no wrong doing? It seems like you're considering our payment to him and our honesty about the situation to be a bad thing! Tom and us are cool now. We made a simple mistake, we fixed it. Hopefully you'll give us a chance sometime in the future.

Alex@dentsport.com

Last edited by agrabau; 02-18-2008 at 07:40 AM.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:33 AM
My bro went to Dent Sport for his WRX and he had nothing but praise for them. DS seems to be the best option locally...especially when multiple car forums recommend them.