NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Experience at NTB in Everret MA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kinzer
I don't understand how a tire rotation process can end up with your Rims being bent. In my old maxima enkei rims were scratched by firestone on comm ave at the area where the bolts are, he was willing to pay for it because logically that's the section that had been worked on.

Maybe it's your suspension? It's just that I can't find it feasible for them to make such noticeable damage to your wheels. I mean, they'd have to take off the tires and beat on rims with rubber mallets or joy ride around town over every pothole..when you're not looking..none of which makes sense..

Have you thought of maybe something else being the problem?

I have thought this over several times I NEVER ever had problems with my rims at ALL like i said previously that i had nails taking out of the rear tires a week before i changed to the winter tires and I'm sure Nigel would of told me if the rims were damaged and ever since i got the car back from NTB all i had was problems trust me i drive the same route over and over and there is NO significant potholes that would mess my rims up so much I HIGHLY doubt it was a suspension problem my car has 25k miles on it messing up the suspension seems hard to do on such low miles I never even guned my car or pushed it passed 80mph yet I'm very ****

My car was flawless until i took it to ntb and to be honest with you this is how i see it they fooked up my rims to help the guy that is not even related to the store or company make a buck because they were so quick to make suggestions on getting the rim fixed by a guy that they know and the guy use to work at ntb call it a conspiracy or maybe I'm just thinking too fooking much but I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT I WAS NOT reponsible for the damage trust me the ride BOUNCES because of the bent rims i would of felt the bouncing a long time ago and to have TWO rims bent? iono man i had to hit two mean pot holes in less than 2 days

this is my experience with NTB don't get me wrong I had great experiences with the one in brighton the everrett store is taking the responsibility in fixing the wheels but i would just never go to them again this is just my experience and opinions

Last edited by DG_coupe; 12-12-2008 at 10:28 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
See the thing is, my friend had bent rims from boston holes. The problem he had was a lot of air leaking out of the wheels. In two-three days air would leak out and he kept taking it back until they figured it out.

Hear me out on this, could they have done a REALLY crap job balancing your wheels?

Old 12-12-2008, 10:49 PM
^ can you explain more of your friends situtation?

The day before I brung the car back to ntb I let rockD drive my car around to try figure out the problem since i had to pick up a RHD battery cover he was selling he took it to a smooth street and drove the car and my car was bouncy as hell so we took it back to his place and checked the wheels and noticed that the balance plates looked old so I just thought they forgot to balance the wheels OR they might of mounted the rims wrong again when i took it back they told it was because my wheels were bent

Old 12-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sure,

1) Sold my friend 4 einkei rims with tires.
2) Friend lives in boston, drove on boston roads.
3) Friend noticed tire loosing pressure all the time, he'd go every 1-2 weeks to have the tires checked out.

Almost looked as though there was a hole somewhere, but there wasn't. The rims also looked fine. The last guy he went to said that the rim must be bent at at a mild angle and air is seeping out. Replaced rim, air stopped coming out. No bouncy issues.

Your car bounces..if the weight has been placed in the wrong place..your car will vibrate, and it will probably bounce if it's a heavy weight placed in the wrong area. Have them re-balance the wheels in front of you.

I tried to imagine it this way. Empty tire, tape a heavy rock to the inside..roll it down a slight incline. Will the wheel bounce after picking up speed?

Old 12-13-2008, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by kinzer
Sure,

1) Sold my friend 4 einkei rims with tires.
2) Friend lives in boston, drove on boston roads.
3) Friend noticed tire loosing pressure all the time, he'd go every 1-2 weeks to have the tires checked out.

Almost looked as though there was a hole somewhere, but there wasn't. The rims also looked fine. The last guy he went to said that the rim must be bent at at a mild angle and air is seeping out. Replaced rim, air stopped coming out. No bouncy issues.

Your car bounces..if the weight has been placed in the wrong place..your car will vibrate, and it will probably bounce if it's a heavy weight placed in the wrong area. Have them re-balance the wheels in front of you.

I tried to imagine it this way. Empty tire, tape a heavy rock to the inside..roll it down a slight incline. Will the wheel bounce after picking up speed?

thanks for the information and heads up, yeh i was literally going to watch them do everything in front of me just in case i just want my car back to normal feels like i'm in a car with cut springs rigth now

Old 12-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yea i would never bring my car to ntb in everett my friends use to work there there's alot of **** that happens there plus all the workers are always high and very inexperienced.and dont even think about going townfair tire in saugus that place is another problem.just my 2 cents

Old 12-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by night_ryder
yea i would never bring my car to ntb in everett my friends use to work there there's alot of **** that happens there plus all the workers are always high and very inexperienced.and dont even think about going townfair tire in saugus that place is another problem.just my 2 cents
I actually had much better luck at the town fair in saugus than the one in danvers....

To the original poster, if your rims are bent or you want to find out if they are bent, take them up to Rimpro in tewksbury - www.rimpro.com. They will take the wheels and give them a spin and check them out for you. The only negative about this place is that you have to take the wheels off yourself either at home before you go (if you have other transportation) or in their parking lot. I highly recommend them.

If the rims are straight and they just need balancing, its ~$10 a tire. If they are bent, they can straighten them for $100 + $25 for remounting and balancing. I go to them for all my vibration problems.

Old 12-15-2008, 02:22 PM
Originally Posted by night_ryder

i wish i knew this before time thanks for the heads up about townfair too

Old 12-15-2008, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by kgallerie
I actually had much better luck at the town fair in saugus than the one in danvers....

To the original poster, if your rims are bent or you want to find out if they are bent, take them up to Rimpro in tewksbury - www.rimpro.com. They will take the wheels and give them a spin and check them out for you. The only negative about this place is that you have to take the wheels off yourself either at home before you go (if you have other transportation) or in their parking lot. I highly recommend them.

If the rims are straight and they just need balancing, its ~$10 a tire. If they are bent, they can straighten them for $100 + $25 for remounting and balancing. I go to them for all my vibration problems.

thanks for the recommendation I'm prob going to go to that place but why do you have tot ake the rims off yourself? is it cause they don't have a lift? or is it no power tools?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:28 PM
alright guys ANOTHER UPDATE so i went there this morning watched them do everything from take it off and they had some guy pick up the rims to fix them at his shop i waited for 4 hrs untill I got hungry and walked over to wendys OF COURSE they are done with everything when i came back so then I drove around and yet it's STILL bouncy but not as much before I'm pretty pissed I drove for 30 mins then check the tire presures and fixed them

I'm hoping that solved the probllem, I'm going to the mall today so we'll see how it drives from there

Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
Originally Posted by DG_coupe
thanks for the recommendation I'm prob going to go to that place but why do you have tot ake the rims off yourself? is it cause they don't have a lift? or is it no power tools?
They dont have lifts there, and they say its also because they would need to carry extra insurance if they did that or something. They normally have a jack there that you can use though.

Old 12-15-2008, 03:22 PM
oo nice do they have a torq wrench? they used power tools to tighten my wheels so i dont think i can take them off with a regular wrench

Old 12-16-2008, 04:26 PM
alright this seems lije the last update as previously stated they "straighten" out the rim but the car feels exactly the same so i called customer service again i told them i am not going to drive all the way down there and let them **** wit my car again and ask for my dam money back, Everrett calls me and now I am getting my money back

now wish me luck at rimpro