NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Experience at NTB in Everret MA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 11:28 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Experience at NTB in Everret MA

Alright so heres the story on friday I went to NTB in everret to get some winter tires put on my stock 17's. I told them that they are staggered before time so they know before time what tires to put on which. After my car was done I saw the mechanic rev my engine watching him through the clear glass window and drives my car to the front. I told the sales guy that they shouldn't be messing with my car like that because I dont even rev it. He ljust ooks at me and says okay, so I leave and head back to brighton the next day(today) I felt like the car was extremely bouncy so I went outside checked if they put the right tires on the rear and front. Everything seemed fine till i checked the finger gap so one side the rear and front was right and other the rear was in the front and front in the rear. I'm pretty angry because i told them before time. My question is will this mess up my suspension? if not will anything esle be affected?

Thanks in Advance

Last edited by DG_coupe; 12-06-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that last sentence is a little unclear, but it sounds like what you're saying is they rotated your rims front to back... i can't think this would be bad for your suspension, but i'm not a suspension expert by anymeans whatsoever. i would post a q in the suspension area, and also go to everett and tell them you want the mistake fixed and at LEAST a partial refund in anticipation of any problems that may arise because of this.

Old 12-10-2008, 10:58 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
No, they switched F/B on ONE side. If you stayed with stock sizes, most likely nothing happened. If you don't have an LSD in the back, no harm/no fowl. But get them swapped ASAP.

Old 12-11-2008, 01:09 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
No, they switched F/B on ONE side. If you stayed with stock sizes, most likely nothing happened. If you don't have an LSD in the back, no harm/no fowl. But get them swapped ASAP.
yeh they swapped it wrong the bigger rim was in the front and the smaller was in the rear

UPDATE: so i went on MONDAY to get them changed and they apoligized and changed them. After I got the car back the car seemed bouncy so I went back today to see if they balanced the tires and rims (my 3rd trip here). So they checked the car and found that BOTH my rear rims are bent. I KNOW for a fact that i didn't hit any pot holes to bend it. I told them over and over that the car was never bouncy before. They then give me b/s "you prob didn't feel it before because you had bigger size tires before" and I tell them they are the SAME size tires. I talk to the manager and he says that he knows someone who fixes bent rims wow what a surpised. They were so quick to tell me about this guy. I told them this is not my fault I would of known if i Hit a pothole i dodge all of them the manager just keeps tellling me bout the guy who fixes dented rims. So i called there customer service complained to them and now I have to wait for a response from corporate.

Just giving you guys a Heads up do not go to this place worse experience ever

Old 12-11-2008, 01:24 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
NTB sucks. I would never let them or Linear Tire in Weymouth, Ma. do any type of work on my car. Tru Wheelz used to be the go to guys but they went out of business last month sometime. For suspension/wheel/tire service your 1st choice should be FasTrac Automotive Inc (http://www.fastrackservice.com/). They cater to modded cars and are really cool. If you are in a rush and need it done asap then I would recomend Town Fair Tire in Quincy, MA.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
NTB sucks. I would never let them or Linear Tire in Weymouth, Ma. do any type of work on my car. Tru Wheelz used to be the go to guys but they went out of business last month sometime. For suspension/wheel/tire service your 1st choice should be FasTrac Automotive Inc (http://www.fastrackservice.com/). They cater to modded cars and are really cool. If you are in a rush and need it done asap then I would recomend Town Fair Tire in Quincy, MA.

thanks for the recommendations I appericate it

ANOTHER UPDATE: So I I just got a call from NTB in Everrett telling me that they got the complaint from corporate and asked me what was wrong. I told them my situtation and they kept assisting that the bent rims were from before the rim/tire change. I told them that they were not from before cause i just got 2 nails removed from each tire in the rear at Herb chambers wouldn't they have told me if there was a bent in BOTH RIMS. They kept asissting that i hit a pot hole i told them that there is no huge potholes around the area i drive (waltham) and that i have dented my rims before so I know. They kept giving me problems and excuses I told them i just got the car and nothing was wrong till i dropped it off your place. AFTER A LONG ARGUMENT they asked me what i want to do i told them that i want them to fix it of course I been wasting all this time so they told me to drop it off and leave it with them I told them I'm going to stay with the car because I am not trusting these bastards so NOW my 4th trip back to everrett on MONDAY wish me luck

AGAIN DO NOT GO HERE

Old 12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
^No problem bro. There is no way in hell I'd leave my car there especially after you saw a tech reving your motor. Shoot I'd tell them all about the reving and insist on them fixing the wheels and giving me a new set of tires for all the aggrivation.

Old 12-11-2008, 02:14 PM
^Oh and a full refund and gas reimbursement

Old 12-11-2008, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
^Oh and a full refund and gas reimbursement

hahah EVERYONE has told me this but **** it i just want my car normal again

Old 12-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
When I had my first new set of tire put on at 22K, I had ALL FOUR RIMS bent. All were from pot hole, most likely. The combination of wide aluminum rims, and thin low profile tires just asks for bent rims.

Old 12-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
When I had my first new set of tire put on at 22K, I had ALL FOUR RIMS bent. All were from pot hole, most likely. The combination of wide aluminum rims, and thin low profile tires just asks for bent rims.

wow all 4? must have serious potholes there

Old 12-11-2008, 08:31 PM
waltham is full of potholes. i find it really hard to believe that bent rims isn't a norm at herb's... MA in general. i can't think of a reason that reversing the wheels would have had this result... i honestly think it probably was a pothole that you hit... not to say l wouldnt be trying to get them to pay for it anyways, they did risk your diff with their screwup.

incidently if your car is lowered, i'd be going to one of the townfairs or a place you know someone. aside from the difficulty of getting the car on the racks, people that deal with modded cars regularly know how to treat them and not to treat them, and exactly how crazy people can get when their cars aren't respected.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by snotf
waltham is full of potholes. i find it really hard to believe that bent rims isn't a norm at herb's... MA in general. i can't think of a reason that reversing the wheels would have had this result... i honestly think it probably was a pothole that you hit... not to say l wouldnt be trying to get them to pay for it anyways, they did risk your diff with their screwup.

incidently if your car is lowered, i'd be going to one of the townfairs or a place you know someone. aside from the difficulty of getting the car on the tracks, people that deal with modded cars regularly know how to treat them and not to treat them, and exactly how crazy people can get when their cars aren't respected.

I understand where you're coming from but the route in waltham that i mainly use is main street goin to bentley college the only thing that is wrong with the streets there is the railroad tracks and the thing is that nothing is modded on my car its completely stock I just got it 3 months ago, I have dented my rims before and they were 18's and it took a mean pothole in brighton to dent those so to dent stock 17's on the stock height seems alittle hard for me to believe

Old 12-12-2008, 12:40 AM
they will never admit their mistakes...only way these companies will help you is if you cause a big scene...sad but true...you could go one step further by bringing in a news crew...don't ask me how i know

Old 12-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't understand how a tire rotation process can end up with your Rims being bent. In my old maxima enkei rims were scratched by firestone on comm ave at the area where the bolts are, he was willing to pay for it because logically that's the section that had been worked on.

Maybe it's your suspension? It's just that I can't find it feasible for them to make such noticeable damage to your wheels. I mean, they'd have to take off the tires and beat on rims with rubber mallets or joy ride around town over every pothole..when you're not looking..none of which makes sense..

Have you thought of maybe something else being the problem?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Experience at NTB in Everret MA