NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

JBA Infiniti - Ellicott City , MD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 04:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JBA Infiniti - Ellicott City , MD

Has anyone been to this dealership and experienced nightmares with their service like I have had on their G35?

Old 06-11-2004, 09:46 PM
Re: JBA Infiniti - Ellicott City , MD

I have only negative things about JBA -- service and sales. I live in Annapolis and travel all the way down to Passport for service.

04 Coupe 6MT TB Full Aero-Navi/JWT PopCharger/Z Tube/clear bra/30% tinted windows/Clear Corners/Gounding Gear/Just arrived -- Volk CE28N w/Toyo Proxes T1S
2001 Honda 929RR

Old 06-12-2004, 08:06 AM

I have had several bad service situations there. They even missed the dented wheel that could have caused an accident if it hit a pothole after they inspected the car underneath and checked my brakes and in fact replaced the right front damaged wheel. They missed or neglected the right rear damged wheel.
Thanks for your input on Passport. They have a new customer. JBA only came back with a credit for what I had to pay out of my pocket for more of their service and a tire. Would you go back there? I wrote a personal letter to the owner who did not have the courtesy to reply. He made his service mgr take the heat. Corporate Infiniti is watching them now since they have a letter of all my issues on them. Some of the sales people are great there but that is not the total package when you buy a car.

Old 06-15-2004, 10:04 AM

I went there once for an oil change and to get the grease streak TSB done. I will NEVER go back there again!!! They said it would be no problem to get both done but when I got there he said he had never heard of the grease streak TSB. I had to call Passport and get the TSB# for them. Idiot! I shouldn't have to tell them how to do their job.

Then he had the nerve to mock me for frequenting enthusiast sites like FA and G35D. @$$!

Go to Passport. I drive 70 miles to go there but it's well worth it. Ask for Jeff Tanner and tell him I sent you.

~Stanton

Live in the MD/DC/PA/VA area?
PM me to join the Capital G club!!!

Old 06-15-2004, 10:24 AM

Thanks I will ask for him when I go to Passport.
My first oil change at JBA I asked for the Synthic Mobil 1and they put in regular oil. They had to drain it, hopefully and redo it.
They do not take their service seriously like their customers expect.

Old 06-15-2004, 06:06 PM

If you're going to do synthetic it's SO much cheaper to buy your own Mobil1 and take it to them. Jeff @ Passport does it for me all the time. I was told by Chris (aka ProDrift) that the markup on Mobil1 is ridiculous. Buy your own and take it to them.

Old 06-15-2004, 06:20 PM
G SQUAD

You guys should maybe contact Nissan / Infiniti corp customer service......and report this.......dont just let them crap on you..........You spent a lot of money on this car

And no offence but this aint no Nissan if you really look at it. Inifiniti wants to step up its image and has a big campain going to do so.....they wanna big themselves up. Its a Nissan but on a higher level....

When the cheapest car on the floor costs more than $29,000
you betta serve um right...

Also for True true synth oil check out Amsoil.....

Lexus for my luxury and G35 Coupe for my speed. I must say...Life is not always a B!TCH

Old 06-17-2004, 11:13 AM

...don't mean to be the oddball, here, but I've always had great service from JBA (and even when it was 'Nationwide" back in the day)! Let me knock on wood at this point - - I've got the 15K service quickly approaching...

Now the sales department - - that's another story. They tried to "rip me" when I was interested in a leftover 03 IP FX45 they had on the lot - - suffice to say that I left it at JBA. But, one of these days soon, I hope to add it to the stable; might even buy it from JBA! ;-)

Old 06-17-2004, 03:24 PM

Hey man, it's cool if you've had good service there. More power to you and I hope it continues [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]. Unfortunately not all of us are that lucky. If anything changes please let us know.

Old 06-18-2004, 11:25 PM

I only went there to buy my car... they gave me a good deal, but they did a few things wrong right from the start. my tires were over inflated to 50+ psi. and they scratched my rims when putting in the wheel locks, but they didn't tell me.
However, I did get a good deal anyways, so I don't care. I jsut go to passport for service.

Old 06-20-2004, 08:38 PM
National G Club

Heh, thats funny you said that. They did the same thing to me. Used reg oil instead of Synth. I didnt notice until I read the bill and noticed it was kinda low and called and asked.

They changed it with Synth for free, but still. I told them Synth and Ive had Synth changes there before. Youd think they would have used synth?

Sounds like maybe Ill be buying my own oil and heading to Passport as well.

Old 07-04-2004, 12:34 AM

Well,
I just had my first experience with Passport Infiniti after leaving JBA and it was a great experience. Tara in service was great. She was able to have my brakes and rotors replaced at no charge. The Mobil1 oil was alot less than JBA also. It was worth the trip for Passport Service.

Old 07-06-2004, 07:55 AM

Glad to hear you had a good experience Greg. I just got my car back from them 2 weeks ago. Got the 22,500 and 26,250 services done. They also fixed some squeaks that I had, fixed the seat warmer (passenger), changed the oil (Mobil1, which I brought), and they also did the brakes and rotors.

I mostly deal with Jeff but I've met Tara and she seems very nice and competent as well...not to mention she's pretty hot!