NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

We officially can not have nice things.....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks guys. I did have spline driven lug nuts, but not a specific wheel lock.The wheels were not like volks, but still they cost me money. They were AZA Z-1 wheels.I got a call from my adjuster today and they are going to give me $2300.00 for the wheels and the damage to my sideskirt form the rock. I think this total is before they take out the deductable.

Old 04-09-2009, 01:09 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by djkace77
Thanks guys. I did have spline driven lug nuts, but not a specific wheel lock.The wheels were not like volks, but still they cost me money. They were AZA Z-1 wheels.
I have spline drive too. I've got the wheel locks as well, but I figured the spline drive are pretty safe in and of themselves. Crazy

Old 04-09-2009, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry about what happened...

people in fact are getting desperate.

glad u got some good change from the insurance...2300?
sideskirt alone n repaint is 500 plus...
make sure the bodyshop u go to, get as many parts as possible. sometimes adjusters dont see the real damage till its pulled

plus, ur front suspension, might be tweaked..it was leaning in the front, u should have a shop check that out, i didnt do that when i ran over a racoon, it might be causing my alignment problem. maybe ur insurance can cover that if it needs fixing..

Last edited by LaConic2; 04-09-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear. when i saw the pics i had a feeling that was umass. did you check with the police to see if they have any cameras there?

Old 04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
I have spline drive...crap. Time to get some Ray's lugs.

Old 04-09-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 78 Likes on 74 Posts
Sorry to hear about your wheels, this is what I'm afraid of if i get wheels in NY can't have anything nice here unless you have a garage.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by LaConic2
sorry about what happened...

people in fact are getting desperate.

glad u got some good change from the insurance...2300?
sideskirt alone n repaint is 500 plus...
make sure the bodyshop u go to, get as many parts as possible. sometimes adjusters dont see the real damage till its pulled

plus, ur front suspension, might be tweaked..it was leaning in the front, u should have a shop check that out, i didnt do that when i ran over a racoon, it might be causing my alignment problem. maybe ur insurance can cover that if it needs fixing..
Thanks for the suggestions. My adjuster told me once I go to the body shop and if they think it will cost more than what money was given to me then they will adjust my total amount. I will also get any allignment to just to make sure.

Originally Posted by Whispaz
Sorry to hear. when i saw the pics i had a feeling that was umass. did you check with the police to see if they have any cameras there?
No they don't. Its funny because we pay $150 a year to park on campus and they can't even invest a little in cameras for dorm parking.

Thanks again everyone. I really do appreciate all the kind words It is tough right now with weather getting better, and me without my wheels. My car looks too stock.

Old 04-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
I have spline drive too. I've got the wheel locks as well, but I figured the spline drive are pretty safe in and of themselves. Crazy
Yea I know thats why I was in so much more shock. They must have scoped out my car before they tried taking the rims. Like other people have said, but come on all for just AZA wheels I could see if they were volks or work or some other expensive wheel.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM
G35 6MT
That's awful!

From what I know of spline lugs, there are only a few options for their configuration -- so if the people that took your wheels had a decent assortment of the spline lug 'keys', getting them off probably wasn't much of an issue.

One set of wheel locks is always a must, no matter what. And if you have nice wheels, I'd get two. It's a shame -- but people suck hardcore, I have no faith or trust in them. I had a set of Mazdaspeed valve caps on the wheels of my old car -- which were stolen less than 2 hours later. VALVE CAPS. How pathetic is that?!

Definitely have your body shop take a thorough look over your entire suspension. God only knows what the thieves screwed up -- I doubt they were careful when they were ripping your wheels off.

I'd also be bitching to your college. Tuition costs and parking costs should be able to cover some kinda freakin' surveillance equipment!

Old 04-10-2009, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by Rush1276
That's awful!

From what I know of spline lugs, there are only a few options for their configuration -- so if the people that took your wheels had a decent assortment of the spline lug 'keys', getting them off probably wasn't much of an issue.

One set of wheel locks is always a must, no matter what. And if you have nice wheels, I'd get two. It's a shame -- but people suck hardcore, I have no faith or trust in them. I had a set of Mazdaspeed valve caps on the wheels of my old car -- which were stolen less than 2 hours later. VALVE CAPS. How pathetic is that?!

Definitely have your body shop take a thorough look over your entire suspension. God only knows what the thieves screwed up -- I doubt they were careful when they were ripping your wheels off.

I'd also be bitching to your college. Tuition costs and parking costs should be able to cover some kinda freakin' surveillance equipment!
I agree totally. Don't worry they have been hearing from me and my parents about the whole thing. My parents couldn't believe they don't have camera in the lots or some type of security system.

Old 04-10-2009, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Hi-Tech_G
What the fawk. That sucks. What kind of wheels where they? keep a look out in the New Bedford, Taunton and even Brockton area. What you should do too is put a "Someone keep an eye out for my wheels" thread up here.

D-Nice wtf you too? You can tell nice weather is approaching and the economy is still in a sever slope position.
yeah yo...My s*** in the shop now. Its okay though. There are thirsty people out there. Im coming back harder now. It should be done by the 25th for sure. Hi tech I still got your # imma call you. HI HATERS!!!

Old 04-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
At least they didn't steal your license plate frames!

I'm keeping my eyes open for you.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by AesonVirus
At least they didn't steal your license plate frames!

I'm keeping my eyes open for you.
I know, that would of been rediculious. Thanks very much for looking out for them. Don't worry if my rims are not found, which I highly doubt they will be, I will just get nicer ones with 3 sets of wheel locks and get my Kourkie bumper put and the rest of he body kit.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Received 85 Likes on 74 Posts
Life served lemons... He's making lemonade!!!

You gonna be ready for the 25th?

Old 04-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Premier Member

That sucks! I have been through similar things, it leaves a lot of contempt for the human race behind for a while.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: We officially can not have nice things.....