NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Ticket Help... MA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by my03g35
Yea i had a horse shoe up my back end. Luckly the kind officer who got me was my fathers friend. And its a long storey. Anyway, he cut me a break because he knows im usually a good kid and knows im pursuing my career in the Staties myself so an arrest would hinder that.
so its a brotherhood?

thats cool, i was in a frat when i was in college.

Old 04-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35 Mass
Rly? Tell me more. What else do you know about the troopers?
They like donuts

Please don't pull me over

Old 04-21-2009, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35Driver19
so it doesn't matter that i have a different address in the back of the license huh? i figured i'd give it a shot
Ok, so they still have record of your license and tag. Why not just show up for court? Chances are the officer wont be there and the charges will be dropped. I dont think its worth trying to sneak out of it, having a warrant out and the next time you get stopped, you go to jail. Just pay up.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Wiseman
Ok, so they still have record of your license and tag. Why not just show up for court? Chances are the officer wont be there and the charges will be dropped. I dont think its worth trying to sneak out of it, having a warrant out and the next time you get stopped, you go to jail. Just pay up.
what cop in his right mind would not take a free pay day, and not show up to court.

most of the time its over time any way, and they sit around till ur case is up.

dam, im in the wrong profession..

Old 04-21-2009, 12:34 PM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Wiseman
Do you have experience with this in Massachusetts?

In Massachusetts, the first hearing, a "show-cause" hearing, is attended by a representative of the police department, which usually is not the particular officer who wrote the citation or is bringing forward the criminal charges. The officer will represent the department for every citation heard that day. They're assigned to court duty as their regular post. They'll be there.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:47 PM
Do you have experience with this in Massachusetts?

In Massachusetts, the first hearing, a "show-cause" hearing, is attended by a representative of the police department, which usually is not the particular officer who wrote the citation or is bringing forward the criminal charges. The officer will represent the department for every citation heard that day. They're assigned to court duty as their regular post. They'll be there.
yes true, but they have no say, they only have the ticket, and the dummy cop is there to only read the ticket, he can not attest to the validity of the ticket.

the magistrate will knock it down the to state minimum, ($100 for speeding),

and at that time u can request a real court date.

and usually what they do is they have all the tickets that cop wrote all on the same day in court.

so its like a one in 50 chance the cop won't show ur to the real court date.

so go to the first hearing, and cry a river, they won't throw it out. then get ur real court date (which cost $20) and thats where you present ur factual data that shows ur not at fault.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Originally Posted by snowcrossmxz
yes true, but they have no say, they only have the ticket, and the dummy cop is there to only read the ticket, he can not attest to the validity of the ticket.

the magistrate will knock it down the to state minimum, ($100 for speeding),

and at that time u can request a real court date.

and usually what they do is they have all the tickets that cop wrote all on the same day in court.

so its like a one in 50 chance the cop won't show ur to the real court date.

so go to the first hearing, and cry a river, they won't throw it out. then get ur real court date (which cost $20) and thats where you present ur factual data that shows ur not at fault.
OP: Be careful who's advised you heed. I bolded the only factual data in the above post; the rest is horsecrap.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:19 PM
OP: Be careful who's advised you heed. I bolded the only factual data in the above post; the rest is horsecrap.
dude seriously,,,

u act and sound like a cop... which doesn't say much
i bet you hate the new flagman law

i have done this exact trick over 13 times and and it has worked 9 out of those 13 times. the other 4 times the fine was reduced.

how many times have u done it from our side of the bench?
if u really are a cop, its probably a never/

OP, just go to court, ud be an idiot to not try and fight it. worst that can happen is the judge will say no, u pay the fine and move on.

Old 04-21-2009, 04:06 PM
I love when people have their heads so far up their own A$$. Seriously fight any ticket in this State. Unless you were speeding and crashed into a cop you have serious Great chance at getting it squashed and or reduced.

And yes G35 Mass i was bagged and let go. when the officer is your godfather you do get a get outa jail free card. And where you taken the exam this weekend?

Old 04-21-2009, 04:44 PM
I'm not comparing ***** size with you here. You posed a lot of misinformation which is likely to get a violator nowhere in a Massachusetts district court.

Any I've appeared on "your side" more times than I can count...

Old 04-21-2009, 04:45 PM
And yes G35 Mass i was bagged and let go. when the officer is your godfather you do get a get outa jail free card. And where you taken the exam this weekend?
So, if someone's your godfather and family friend, how can you explain not knowing where he works?

Seems very unusual...

Old 04-21-2009, 06:03 PM
When did i say i didnt know where he worked? I said since when to they use F 150s. I was just sayin any car out there can be a cop.

Old 04-21-2009, 06:06 PM
When did i say i didnt know where he worked? I said since when to they use F 150s. I was just sayin any car out there can be a cop.
On Monday at 2:03 PM
Who uses silver f-150s?

Sorry. Didn't realize that you were asking a question you already knew the answer to. I don't run across such behavior very often.

Old 04-21-2009, 10:02 PM
moe
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rly? Tell me more. What else do you know about the troopers?
I know enough. I've embarrassed enough of them in traffic court

The best line on this subject is as follows; teenage noob is flying down 128, gets pulled over by off-duty statie in an unmarked vehicle, possibly personal car. He tells the noob, " I rarely give out a ticket when I'm off-duty, but when you drive like that, I have no choice." And yeah, the noob deserved the ticket, so even I can understand that once in a blue moon ticket that an offduty guy SHOULD give out hehe

FYI- Judges are known to dismiss charges if Officer is not in attendance, but they are not required to. They can find ways to prolong the hassle hehe