NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Richmond/Henrico/Petersburg/Colonial Hgts G group

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.

Old 07-17-2009, 01:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After having the pleasure to drive a 2010 2SS camaro tonight I am so much more happier with my G than I would be with that car, and it sucks b/c I've owned 3 camaros before and still have one sitting in my parents garage and the new one just isn't as nice as it could of been for the money.

Old 07-17-2009, 02:05 AM
Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts
I just dont like american cars even tho Infiniti is considered to be American

Old 07-17-2009, 09:46 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by da champ
Need yall opinion about the carbon fiber hood. When I get it I was going to paint it black but there is not that much of weight diffrence since our hood is not that heav to begin with. So shoud I just keep my stock one and paint that black?????? Would do it this week coming up so I need to make up my mind.....
why paint it black when it would already be black unless of course, you bought a red carbon fiber hood.

Originally Posted by Joker_13
I personally like the color of carbon fiber hoods so I wouldn't paint it lol. So I guess just paint the oem one black lol
I do not have any thing on the out side to match the carbon look thats why is was going to paint it black to match the rims and the grill. I guess there really is a reason to buy one then...????....
Originally Posted by Joker_13
paint the stock hood black then lol . . . unless your looking for that stock carbon one but it'll just cost you more in the end
IMO....i gonna take a stab at this and say that you're going for the black/red color combination? if so...just my .02, go with the oem carbon hood, black roof overlay and the do a carbon fiber trunk. Yes, i know what you both are thinking right now, damn that's alot of money to be spending on cf, of course it is but let's put this on the table, these cars are classy, so lets keep it that way. We are not talking back in da day, honda civic here, so please....dont rice out this nice azz car! If you're gonna do it, do it right the first time. Believe me, you'll love the end result, you wont get flamed and the car still looks classy with the racey vibe.

Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

Originally Posted by SkylineGTR2789
I just dont like american cars even tho Infiniti is considered to be American
why would the Infiniti be considered to be american when its built in japan??

Old 07-17-2009, 09:58 AM
The carbon fiber hood is the normal color you get that grayish color . When I was going to put it on I was going to paint it black. Thought about the roof to but do not have the money for that right now so was going to do the hood. Really just for the look our hoods are not that heavy to begin with so I am starting to think that what would be the point of buying the hood.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:04 AM
Whats Up

Whats up guys, Im in charlottesville va, any one on the forum in c-ville? Any richmond meets anytime soon.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by G 30-FI
why would the Infiniti be considered to be american when its built in japan??
Infiniti, Acura, all the subsidary's of the bigger Japanese companies are American, In Japan there is no Infiniti or Acura, only in America...

Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

The carbon fiber hood is the normal color you get that grayish color . When I was going to put it on I was going to paint it black. Thought about the roof to but do not have the money for that right now so was going to do the hood. Really just for the look our hoods are not that heavy to begin with so I am starting to think that what would be the point of buying the hood.
carbon fiber hoods normally come in the black color with the twill weave, dont know about a grayish color unless you specify that from the seller. So with that you wouldnt need to paint the carbon fiber hood. Yes, our oem hoods are very light but just painting it black doesnt give that cf look that you would achieve with the cf one, you kind of make youre car look a little ricey looking, imo to do that way. It would be okay to just do the hood first then the roof and then trunk later. Rome wasnt built in a day and neither will your car unless your a baller.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by mconklin
Whats up guys, Im in charlottesville va, any one on the forum in c-ville? Any richmond meets anytime soon.
we were planning a meet on this coming up Sunday, WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:10 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

Originally Posted by SkylineGTR2789
Infiniti, Acura, all the subsidary's of the bigger Japanese companies are American, In Japan there is no Infiniti or Acura, only in America...
yeah but no matter how many times you slice bread its still bread....right?
so just because they renamed the nissan in america to infiniti doesnt mean the car itself is american cuz the car is still being built by japan. nothing on this car is made in america. that's just americans capitalizing on making more money for the same vehicle name from a different country

Old 07-17-2009, 10:13 AM
whats up

Any details on the meet?
A little about me, 05 dg coupe, fast intentions exhaust, mrev2, 5/16 spacer, act clutch stillen flywheel, gialla lip on the way.

Old 07-17-2009, 10:16 AM
CLUB MODERATOR

yeah yeah...wassup!! what Rod said, we are planning a mini meet this sunday but that would be nice little hike for you to come here. no G's in your area??
nonetheless.....welcome!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Thats what I meant about the cf hood my bad. I am trying to blakc out the G thats why I was going to paint the hood. And got the stock rims re done to. So I am still un-sure $$$$ what to do ????????

Old 07-17-2009, 10:26 AM
Welcome to the forum, Mcconklin!
Welcome to you too, Champ!
What's up gang? Been off from here a few days!

Old 07-17-2009, 10:32 AM
Any details on the meet?
A little about me, 05 dg coupe, fast intentions exhaust, mrev2, 5/16 spacer, act clutch stillen flywheel, gialla lip on the way.
do you know where the new theater that was built on Mid. tnpk. near the 288 exit?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 4.88 average.

Quick Reply: Richmond/Henrico/Petersburg/Colonial Hgts G group