NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

New Jersey Only - Members Info :)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 09:23 PM
W35
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jersey Members!

hey what's up guys, i started looking in this thread last fall but never made it to the meet. Here are some brief info about me.

1) Name - Wesley
2) Location - West Orange, NJ
3) 2003, Silver G35 Coupe Manual
4) Only mods done on it was painted the shell of my lights silver and changing all the lights to LEDs

I have a question, hope you guys have some answer to it.
My rear stock tires are wearing out (Micheline Pilot Sports - Summer tires) and my friend highly recommended me to change it to Continental ExtremeContract DWS (all season) which i did. It's been 1.5 wks since i have them on. WHenever i make a turn at 40s mph, my traction control would engage, so my car is breaking on its own to prevent furhter slippage.
The tire guy said i didnt have to change my front because it still has decent amount of dread on them.
Could the engagment of the traction control caused by Summer tires in the front & all season tires in the back? Different dread patterns & grip or should i change all 4 tires to be either all season or summer tires only?
Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Wes.

Old 04-21-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking Pictures

Sorry guys. I have gotten your messages about pictures just swamped right now trying to finish my G35 Review which is now 10 times better thanks to you guys! The footage from the drive down really adds a lot of value to the review which is 10 minutes long. I'm gonna have to break it up. I would like to do a 3 minute or so quick overview, then 3 minute interior and 3 minute driving, exterior and whatever else. One I get this done I can get you guys your pictures, put together a promo with pieces of all the reviews I've done and then move on to my Masserati and Lotus reviews. Hopefully I can do the Alfa Romeo Competizione next and of course the LP640!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:17 AM
Computers suck

Computers suck! First of all, my last post was from YESTERDAY! Came in to work this morning to find it sitting there unposted. Anyway, this morning I woke up to find my video still rendering with 3 seconds to go. I thought it was strange but anyway I check back a few minutes later...still 3 seconds. CPU is chilling so if figure it froze with 3 SECONDS to go! Ahhhh...

Anyway...I'm STILL not done yet. I want to get this done so I can show you guys and start working on my promo and other reviews. I'm definitley gonna make them shorter so it's not such a hassle to edit. I'm not trying to be another 5th Gear so I can make them short and sweet. All I'm doing is talking about and showing cars that I really like.

Old 04-21-2010, 09:12 AM
Hello!

Hey Wesley!

Originally Posted by W35
hey what's up guys, i started looking in this thread last fall but never made it to the meet. Here are some brief info about me.

1) Name - Wesley
Wes.

Old 04-21-2010, 12:12 PM
Hi Wesley.

Tires in general should match. On a RWD like yours changing the fronts only to a lighter gripping ex.(summer to all season) would make it push turns, changing the rears and leaving the higher gripping tire on the front would make it oversteer, "drift." But either way the Traction control's going to try to "help" you. Unless you turn it off "completely" Personally I'd rather have drift. I'd sugest getting four identical. except for the width on the RWD's, and here in NJ all seasons in general make sense...Chech your tire pressures too. A couple extra pounds in the rear makes the rear end less grippy.

But you probably shouldn't listen to me. It doesn't matter what the TC does I usually perfer my car set up to get loose when ever i can. Which is proably why i'm on my 3rd g now... ='-( miss my rwd...

Old 04-21-2010, 12:14 PM
HAHA! at last painted my headlights. Last mod before power and rims. 200 more bucks for my body guy and 400 to the state and I'm in the clear to blow it on my car...

Old 04-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
haha nice cant wait bro

i personally dont like all season tires. i would say get a ****ty set of rims, throw some winter tires on them, and get a summer set.

Old 04-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Hey guys
Picked up my 06 Lakeshore Slate G35X this morning. Union county, NJ

Old 04-21-2010, 07:39 PM
^ Pics!

Old 04-21-2010, 08:05 PM
From dealer:

Taken tonight - crap lighting but snapped a few:

I need to change the shifter (scratched up) and consol bezel (scratched worse and slightly discolored). Any ideas where/how to do that best?

I love the car - it drives like a dream.

Old 04-21-2010, 10:42 PM
Beggining my render!

Ok fellas. I spent all night fixing the damage to my project(missing clips) and now I'm begining the render. Wish me luck,I really want to get this done so I can show you and move on to the next one.

Night ladies...

Old 04-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Originally Posted by visualfxpro
Ok fellas. I spent all night fixing the damage to my project(missing clips) and now I'm begining the render. Wish me luck,I really want to get this done so I can show you and move on to the next one.

Night ladies...
Good luck, what exactly are you doing? Just like a user review of the G? Sounds pretty cool.

Try and get those pictures out to us soon! The rolling shots look great but they're soooo teeny tiny.

Car is looking good Dane! Any ideas as to what mods you're going to do to it, if anything?

Old 04-22-2010, 12:09 AM
Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
review of the g35? little late there...g35's have been reviewed since 2003...lol

Old 04-22-2010, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by GiantsFan280

Car is looking good Dane! Any ideas as to what mods you're going to do to it, if anything?
Thank you. The first thing will be to add tint as my other car has dark factory tint in the back and it's nice to keep the car cool in the summer and of course appearance-wise it's a bonus. Even the wife wants tinted windows asap so I guess I will start there. Other than that there are a couple of things I need to fix such as the bezel around the radio (yellow-ish and scratched) and the scratched shifter. I don't plan on any performance mods or other upgrades at the moment - my other car is modded quite a bit so this one will be the daily driven car and thus will not be modified too much.

Any good pointers as to where I can find the items I would like to replace?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey bois and gurls....I'm paul from NGC here in VA....I had a philly run about a month ago. Had a great time meeting some of you. FYI I will be having another philly in late aug =). But I spoke to chinaxinsanity about a car meet that is coming up in collage park md on the 2nd of may. I know....I know...this is last min. And I for one have failed at passing the word. But it would be nice if any of you guys could make this event. I went last year and had a great time. Dynos..all kinds of cars...we had 50+ g35n 350z last year and wanna show the other clubs in the DMV how we (as G's and Z's) hold it down ....

Hope you guys can make it....=)

Here's the link.....https://g35driver.com/forums/nationa...-2-2010-a.html

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Jersey Only - Members Info :)