NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

D/M/V - Figure this is a good way to help fellow members w/ ins. -don't think cavemen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Useful Info for people -

· The Point System

In Maryland, each moving violation offense is assessed a number (or point value) from one to 12. You must be convicted of the offense for the points to go into effect on your driving record. The higher the number, the more weight the offense has against your record (and ultimately your bank account).

These amassed points for infractions remain on your driving record indefinitely. But the real measure of how well you're doing is simply what you've accrued for the past two years at any time.

Three to four points over the course of a two-year period will result in the MVA issuing a written caution. The warning is just a friendly heads-up that accruing another infraction will result in more stern measures.

Amass five to seven points in a two-year period and the MVA will insist you sign up for a Points System Conference (PSC) and/or attend a Driver Improvement Program (DIP). The programs are offered by various third-party providers across the state and the fees vary with each.

When you tally eight to 11 points in a two-year time frame, you might start questioning whether you are becoming a detriment to the road. You will have plenty of time to ponder because, at this point, the MVA will suspend your license.

Hitting the high-water mark, or accruing at least 12 points in a two-year period, will result in the MVA sending out a "notice of revocation." You will be asked to relinquish your license to an MVA office and once the revocation period expires you'll have to apply for a new license.

What you may deem as rather strict punishment, the state sees as concern for the greater good. So when you tip the total at as little as three points gathered in a two-year period, you most likely will see a form of action taken, albeit not a harsh one. Exceed that by much more and watch out―you just might end up enrolled in driving reform school.

Top Points per Offense

Most moving infractions that do not cause an accident are assessed one point. Maryland has a comprehensive list of offenses and the points attached to them, but here is a quick overview of the most frequent:

o Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs - 12
o Driving while impaired by alcohol or drugs - 12
o Unlawful use of your driver's license - 12
o Loaning or borrowing a driver's license - 12
o Speeding (9 miles per hour (mph) or less) - 1
o Speeding (10 mph and over) - 2
o Speeding (20 mph or greater over the 65 mph speed limit) - 5
o Speeding (30 mph and over) - 5
o Driving without a license - 5
o Speed contests - 5
o Driving alone with a permit - 5
o Driving without proof of insurance - 5
o Reckless driving - 6
o Driving with a suspended license - 3
o Failure to stop at a red light - 2
o Failure to stop for a school bus - 2
o Improper turn - 1
o Clicking off your lights to evade identification - 8
o Failure to yield - 1

Old 03-16-2010, 04:19 PM
Saved drifterxG 600 a year + he has more features then he had before. Feels good helping members

Old 03-16-2010, 04:40 PM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Sceptor
Saved drifterxG 600 a year + he has more features then he had before. Feels good helping members
Confirmed. Not only did I get a quote fast, but insurance policy forms and insurance change. Liberty Mutual agent was professional, efficient, and knowledgeable of what I wanted. Definitely got more than what I expected, plus offered other options to needs. I recommend this referral to all local G's that need to lower their payments. Made my day!

Drive safe everyone! I plan to keep my record clean for the time being...most of these insurance companies these days are out for your hard earned moolah.

-DrifterxG

Old 03-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Serey0us
Liberty Mutual is one of the top insurance companies with probably the best rates in our state(MA). Sceptor ask your boy if they are hiring...ahah I actually work for an insurance company too and Liberty Mutual beats us hands down. D&G35 if you live in the Boston area, you are gonna be stuck with that high rate regardless of the insurance company and how clean your driver's record is, but Liberty Mutual would be your best choice.
i work at a body shop and every car that comes is getting any work done goes through me first. i specifically have to put these things we call "hats" on top of the Liberty Mutual and Travelers cars. reason being is because these two are the pickiest insurance companies and dont want to pay for anything unless it HAS TO BE FIXED. therefore thats why they have the cheapest rates. you pay everything to be insured but when something happens they dont want to fork up the money. at my body shop we do everything by the book and dont cut corners like other shops. so thats why its soo hard to work with these guys when they dont want to pay for something and we got to fight with them to get it done right.

Old 03-16-2010, 07:35 PM
I suppose any company is gonna have issues with doing the work but that's why you get a quality shop and stand behind them. If the shop says you need it you can get the insurance company to cover it. That's why I have the my friend who's the agent on my side, if work needs to get done I'm sure he will stand behind getting it done right.

Old 03-17-2010, 04:14 AM
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...ovider-ratings

Good thing I know people that are body shop estimators. Overall, the policy I got from Liberty Mutual was nice. Covers additional equipment and roadside assistance..

Old 03-17-2010, 04:51 PM
I've helped a few people so far, if you guys are worried about releasing that kind of info to me i have no vested interest and can send you the agents info directly. Ill give you my name etc in PM so you can say how you got his info and he will hook it up.

Old 03-19-2010, 03:58 PM
weekend bump

Old 03-19-2010, 04:11 PM
weekend bump
Car is cleannnnnnnnnnn. TGIF!

Old 03-19-2010, 04:12 PM
bastard ;( i wanna clean mine so bad but im stuck in my office. Noooooo

Old 03-22-2010, 02:27 PM
Monday bump

Old 03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Monday bump
Boooo..back to work. NYC weekend over...miss all the great fooood.

Old 03-22-2010, 03:23 PM
Spent 2 hours cleaning my car sat....its raining today. I am truly sad

Old 03-24-2010, 01:39 PM
Sounds amazing, but I dont plan on buying my car for another month or so. Do you still think this hookup will be available then?

Old 03-24-2010, 01:40 PM
Ya my friend is not gonna lose his job anytime soon so whenever you need it. He owns a g35 also so he's all for helping forum members.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: D/M/V - Figure this is a good way to help fellow members w/ ins. -don't think cavemen