NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

D/M/V - Figure this is a good way to help fellow members w/ ins. -don't think cavemen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up D/M/V - Figure this is a good way to help fellow members w/ ins. -don't think cavemen

I saw someones post about how much they were paying for insurance but he was from Massachusetts and it got me to thinking about how my friend works for an insurance company. Anyhow I got a great deal on my insurance and i've always felt you shouldn't have to pay out the *** for quality coverage.

My friend works at Liberty Mutual. The current insurance I have is full coverage with only a 500 deductible for 104 a month and this also comes with full road side coverage as well as accidental window repair (if a rock breaks your window they come to your home/job and fix it on site). This is all covered and Im pretty sure they even have accident forgiveness.

I asked him about helping the guy in MA but he can only do stuff in this area so since Im a member here and it's always nice to hook fellow g-drivers up since im sure some of you are getting raped and didn't really have anyone looking after you for insurance this would be a good place to post. He will work some magic and get it lower then you'd think possible and lower then you'd get a quote if you called them directly for sure.

Some things you should know -

Liberty Mutual only looks back on your record 3 years , geico does 5 which is a complete jip.

Most places charge extra for those features (roadside assistance as well as the window repair but my friend works it out so its all included).

I am 26 so as long as you arent 18 with DUI's he can def work some magic...a clean record makes his life alot easier as he has alot of wiggle room..if you have DUI's etc you are prob screwed but it cant hurt to check it out. Like i said...3 years back not 5 so alot of you if you had tickets a while ago should be good to go.

I got my friend insurance when he bought his car a month ago with me and got him the same quote. Actually when they took my money out last money they only took out 93 dollars, so it could workout even better (i dunno why im not gonna bring it up though lol).

Send me a PM if this sounds interesting to you, all this information is private and if you don't feel comfortable putting your information in my hands I can send you directly too him. Im not out to do this for myself and I just mentioned I have people through my car forum (he also owns a g35) who im sure would be down to be helped and save money (mods are expensive!)

If your interested send me a PM or ask any questions here, ill try my best to answer them but im not an Agent so I can only do so much

Old 03-15-2010, 12:45 AM
Hi guys, I am actually the one who posted about insurance in Boston. I was explaining how I was being quoted ridiculous prices in the thread and was curious what my fellow Bostonian g riders were paying. After I posted, I received a pm from Sceptor later that day. He was trying to hook me up with this deal^ through his friend as he explains here. I was so excited about this amazing offer up until he found out that his buddy couldn't do insurance for MA. Now I wish I lived in Maryland! :-(

If I were you I would definitely look into this, it's worth a shot, right? I think he is a great guy because he really has no incentive to do this, he nor his friend is getting anything out of this.

Hope you guys save some money

-Aaron

Old 03-15-2010, 12:56 AM
Received 92 Likes on 76 Posts
i have been trying to figure out what company to go with and Liberty seems to be the best so far...but they quoted me 1500/yr with a clean record of 9.9 or whatever the lowest is...i'm over 30yrs old so i'm sure it shud be lower...unfortunately, i live in Mass and i'm pretty he can't help me either..hope this info helps others

Old 03-15-2010, 01:05 AM
Ya man I wish I could help you with the quote because I know I could get you less then that as I'm paying less and I'm younger. He works magic with mult-policys and other things which are beyond me but for example I currently have renters insurance also (and I don't really rent but I mine as well have it for where I live) and it actually mage my insurance for my car (price in total with renters insurance) less a month because of a multi-policy discount. there's obviously more he does which is why I was trying to help board members out bc insurance is a ripoff normally.

He has a legitimate office and number as well as agent name, none of this is done under the table or anything and you get your quote and policy info in a passworded pdf file immediately.

If you want ill ask him what to ask for to get you the lowest price

Old 03-15-2010, 01:08 AM
Yea, that'd be great^. Maybe I can work some vocab with this guy here in Boston. If it helps me at all, I'll let you know D&G35

Old 03-15-2010, 08:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Move to NH!

Old 03-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Grove, what part of NH do you live in? I'm actually goin to school at UML which is right on the line.

Old 03-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Liberty Mutual is one of the top insurance companies with probably the best rates in our state(MA). Sceptor ask your boy if they are hiring...ahah I actually work for an insurance company too and Liberty Mutual beats us hands down. D&G35 if you live in the Boston area, you are gonna be stuck with that high rate regardless of the insurance company and how clean your driver's record is, but Liberty Mutual would be your best choice.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:56 PM
Ya well im really happy with them just figured members would be interested in saving money . I figure worse case scenario he cant do better but im almost positive he can beat pretty much anyones quote and its even easier with his company then most.

Plus its honestly really nice having that personal agent to look after your stuff, much nicer then random customer service people like geico and most places

Like I said if you are 21+ and have a clean driving record of 3+ years...you'll get a silly rate. Its still worth checking out even if you have a ticket or two

Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 AM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Sceptor
Ya well im really happy with them just figured members would be interested in saving money . I figure worse case scenario he cant do better but im almost positive he can beat pretty much anyones quote and its even easier with his company then most.

Plus its honestly really nice having that personal agent to look after your stuff, much nicer then random customer service people like geico and most places

Like I said if you are 21+ and have a clean driving record of 3+ years...you'll get a silly rate. Its still worth checking out even if you have a ticket or two
PM'd you

Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 AM
replied, ill get you the info tomorrow

Old 03-16-2010, 01:03 AM
Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by Sceptor
replied, ill get you the info tomorrow
Thanks bro. Good looking out!

Old 03-16-2010, 04:11 AM
Received 92 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by Serey0us
Liberty Mutual is one of the top insurance companies with probably the best rates in our state(MA). Sceptor ask your boy if they are hiring...ahah I actually work for an insurance company too and Liberty Mutual beats us hands down. D&G35 if you live in the Boston area, you are gonna be stuck with that high rate regardless of the insurance company and how clean your driver's record is, but Liberty Mutual would be your best choice.
well, see what you guys can do and pm me info about what do ask for when doing a policy...i wanted them to cover my aftermarket stuff too..my friend said he can get me receipts too if i need to for the stuff i paid for...

Old 03-16-2010, 06:33 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm in Epping, NH. About 30 min from the border

Old 03-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by D&G35
well, see what you guys can do and pm me info about what do ask for when doing a policy...i wanted them to cover my aftermarket stuff too..my friend said he can get me receipts too if i need to for the stuff i paid for...

I pm'ed you the info, generally speaking you dont get insured specifically for that but should you be in an accident that is hopefully not your fault if you have receipts of the parts you can include it in your claim. Im pretty sure thats how it works anyhow...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: D/M/V - Figure this is a good way to help fellow members w/ ins. -don't think cavemen