NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Anyone in MA play airsoft?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
Anyone in MA play airsoft?

Looking to get into this..anyone around play?

Old 04-16-2011, 11:32 AM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
paintball?

Old 04-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Originally Posted by djfarhan
paintball?
Airsoft...lol

It's like paintball..but the guns shoot these little pellets and the guns are made after real guns..can't decide between famas or the M4

Old 04-16-2011, 04:12 PM
Received 322 Likes on 280 Posts
ouch

Old 04-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
FAMAS FTMW! lol I'm with Farhan on the paintball though...those little metal pellets hurt!

Old 04-20-2011, 02:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi-TechG35
FAMAS FTMW! lol I'm with Farhan on the paintball though...those little metal pellets hurt!
airsoft shoots 6mm solid plastic pellets that come in various colors and weights (weighed in grams)

the velocity is around 200fps and they're either battery powered like a RC car or they use freon of various pressures called green gas, red gas and black gas. green being the color skirmish games are played with, red being a bit more powerful and black gas is known to actually break airsoft guns unless the internals have been upgraded.

most of the rifles are electric or spring action and the pistols are either spring or gas powered. The gas powered pistols also have blow back action and the slide stays locked back on an empty mag.

I used to play with airsoft guns and do a little modifying of them years ago but I haven't touched one in over 5 years now. I'm sure alot of the sport has changed in that time so i'm only going off my memory and what I remember of my time dealing with it

at one time I had a full metal body Mac-11 with blow back action. It fired from an open bolt and I used black gas in it cuz I had the guts upgraded heavily. I found a website that used to sell hollow aluminum 6mm ammo for airsoft and if I remember correctly it was .40gr in weight. I had a 50rd mag for the gun and on full auto it would empty the gun in like 2-3sec and leave a hole the size of a grapefruit in a cardboard box from a couple feet away

good times...

Old 04-20-2011, 02:15 PM
The M4A1 i just ordered is a G&G with 320 fps

Old 04-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
The M4A1 i just ordered is a G&G with 320 fps
there is a company (can't remember the name of it off hand) that makes a fully metal upper receiver for that gun with metal mags and all the proper markings and engravings for it to look like a Stoner or Knights Armament unit

there is another company that makes barrels for them that have the grooves and lands in the barrel to give the pellets a twist like a bullet and increase the velocity and range of the gun. Not sure how legal that is for skirmish playing but I know it was an available option

the M4A1 that uses the solid butt stock has the battery stored in the stock whereas the skeleton stock or colapsing stocks have the battery in the casing around the barrel up front. I suggest getting around 4 batteries for your gun though cuz they don't last long and take forever to charge so having a few will keep you in the action longer while the spent batteries are charging

Old 04-20-2011, 02:22 PM
oh and they do make paintball pellets for the airsoft guns but they tend to break in the mags or in the action and gum up the whole system rendering the gun a paperweight until you get it home or to a shop that knows how to disassemble and clean it

Old 04-20-2011, 02:26 PM
I have been read up..the battery i got should do about 4-5 mags worth of play..each mag is 300 bbs i want to say..plenty for a beginner like myself

Old 04-20-2011, 02:30 PM
I have a contact in Japan that can modify an airsoft gun to fire from a scuba tank (3,000psi) or from CO2 (1,000psi) as compared to the pressurized freon system (120psi)

he can also take the electric rifles and convert them to compressed air (full auto, open bolt, bolt stays open on an empty mag, and they're more powerful than the normal CO2 pellet guns they sell. He claims they have a range of 75yds or more depending on the weight of the pellet being used but he reccommended the aluminum ammo or possibly solid lead ammo. Pricing for a fully converted gun was in the 2k range but is capable of doing small game hunting heheheheh (squirrels, rabbits etc)

the idea of going full auto on a squirrel trying to run up a tree was quite entertaining to me when I was younger and had less respect for wildlife...

Old 04-21-2011, 10:50 PM
I am trying to get my father into it..he might be buying one

Old 04-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Anton_Chigurh
I am trying to get my father into it..he might be buying one
now thats pretty funny!

I remember when I used to read on the airsoft forums how guys would show up to a skirmish field to play on weekends and various groups of guys and teams would show up to play and there was always that group or two that moved just a little too good, were a little too fast or a little to accurate with their shooting... end of the day all the losing teams would find out the team kicking their *** was a genuine S.W.A.T team from some local town or whatever and they'd come down to test their skills against the airsoft kids LOL
The ones that were worse were the stories of guys that were either on leave from special forces or just came home for good and would go wreak havoc on the field of teenagers with no war experience

I used to sit at my desk at work and damn near **** myself laughing at the way they'd annihilate the other teams and setup ambushes and traps and bottleneck the teams into corners and stuff and just wipe them out