NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

G Squad forum closure

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 11:56 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G Squad forum closure

GeoBau, I apologize in advance for creating a new thread on the subject after you have already closed a previous one. My intentions are not to undermine what you have in plan for this saga to come to a conclusion.

Originally Posted by GeoBau
I think for the wounds to heal, everyone needs to know what caused this whole thing, so look for something forthcoming.
I don't think everyone needs to know what caused this whole thing. I think that will just add fuel to the fire, with random people chiming in and giving their two cents (like I'm doing right now ).

There was a similar internet forum war between my350z.com and 350z-tech.com not too long ago. It doesn't help when people are slagging the other party on their respective forum. A temporary "truce" should be reached where everyone stops bringing up the issue here, and everyone stops bringing up the issue there. All the discussions should be handled privately with only the people involved. In the era of reality TV, having this out for everyone to see just makes more people tune into a soap opera that you want to put a quick end to. A lot of us are cross registered on the two sites and visit both for G35 information, so I suspect a lot of people are jumping back and forth reading about this drama and forming opinions without knowing all the facts.

Put an end to discussions on both sites and take this to e-mail. The G Squad is heavily involved and they have a mailing list with all of their members. If they are willing, they can send the admins/moderators involved on this site that mailing list and you guys can go back and forth that way. Also, people tend to be more civilized when it's their personal e-mail and not a relatively "anonymous" internet forum.

When all is finally said and done and a mutual agreement has been reached, then I would recommend posting something publicly for everyone to read so that both parties can clear their name and take care of any ill will that was unfairly put on them. I would aslo recommend keeping that post closed so no one can reply to it, because the parties involved have already said their share via e-mail.

I apologize to the G Squad for butting my head into something that is not my business as well as to the g35driver.com team. I also apologize for using cheesy terms like "internet war, truce, saga, drama, etc." I couldn't think of anything better to describe what is happening. Feel free to delete/lock this thread if you think I don't know what I am talking about and if I am making things worse.

-Sal

Old 01-08-2005, 07:27 AM
Cactus Hugging Admin
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
It's all good- I won't delete/lock the thread. I think healthy discussion is a part of what needs to go on.

I also firmly believe, however, that people need to know the truth so we don't misunderstand this, and we don't repeat the mistake. It really was the actions of a the few (who shall go unnameed in the explanation) that have caused problems for the many. In order for us to avoid this ever happening, we need to learn from history, lest we be doomed to repeat it. I only plan on posting an explanation once reason has been reached. I don't plan at ALL on dragging every detail and every post out in public-- I merely meant that I thought everyone should at least understand WHY this happened. The rest is up to use (admins, users). I feel I should also clarify that this is NOT about another site at all... heck, I've posted about the other site in a positive light even since this all happened. It's about a small group (2-5 members) that have mistakenly taken it upon themselves to represent another site and/or group of members.

I am, though, open to discussion on this topic. I know not everyone always needs to know the specifics of a situation (hell, it helps a lot of the time), but I think this instance sort of stands out above the rest a bit. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss ad nauseam.

G

Old 01-09-2005, 04:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i do not consider myself a true veteran of G35Driver, having only been around since last winter... but in the year or so that i have been a member, i have met many great and knowledgeable people and learned alot about my car.

i am working in a vacuum as to what went on, but obviously, there has been some negativity floating around, and that is bound to happen in any forum of this size (or any size, for that matter). G35Driver has been a valuable source for information about all things G35, and hopefully will continue to be so for me. i spend several hours a day reading posts on G35Driver, G35Frenzy, My350z, 350z-tech, and 350z-motoring.

whatever the problem was, it should be dealt with on the small scale and we should all move on and get back to what G35Driver is all about... G35 enthusiasts sharing our knowledge in a friendly environment.

if the admins have come to a decision to discontinue the G-Squad forum, i respect that as this is their site and they are free to run it as they see fit. however, i am rather upset that the G-Sqaud forum, which DID have much valuable information in it, is now lost. perhaps, if you decide that our forum will remain closed, you could at least allow all the posts thusfar to remain viewable