NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Huper Optik Tint Shops???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 01:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huper Optik Tint Shops???

Hey guys I'm looking to get some Huper Optik tint done and I've been recommended JamesTint in NY...I've spoken to them and they have a great price, but with the winter weather if I can find something closer to Philadelphia or New Jersey it would be great...So I'm looking for any places that you've seen or experienced doing clean work with Huper Optik for good pricing...Thanks

Old 01-14-2005, 08:56 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I HIGHLY recommend James Tint.

He did an awesome job on mine and other forum members. Price is great and the job is spectacular. Computer cut and clean install.
The guy knows the coupe inside out.

If you ask me, I would definitely take the drive there.

Old 01-14-2005, 10:05 AM
G SQUAD
You know that we should get James Tint as one of our sponsers considering that we've recommended him at least a dozen or so times to forum members...

Great job done on my G... well worth the drive, and hard to beat the price...

Old 01-14-2005, 10:46 AM
Staff ALUMNI
'Phat

Great idea could you move the ball on that maybe.

Everyone from our group that went to him recommend to go there very highly as phat and speed have.

G35Tuning if you do a search in ne and gsquad forum you should find a few threads on the tinting and go from there.

My car was tinted already when all this was going on here but if I was to tint another car that is the place I would be going to.

Originally Posted by Babiephat
You know that we should get James Tint as one of our sponsers considering that we've recommended him at least a dozen or so times to forum members...

Great job done on my G... well worth the drive, and hard to beat the price...

Old 01-14-2005, 11:20 AM
I am planning on going up there when the weather gets a bit better.. its a little deep into that NY snowbelt for the infant G... haha

Old 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
i was thinking about doing huper when it get's a little warmer also

Old 01-14-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks for the responses guys...I'm starting to figure that its def worth the drive...All the great installs, and awesome reviews they've gotten from all of you, plus the price is great...Thanks again

Old 01-15-2005, 12:52 AM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by G35Tuning
Thanks for the responses guys...I'm starting to figure that its def worth the drive...All the great installs, and awesome reviews they've gotten from all of you, plus the price is great...Thanks again
Hey... just helping out. We had this same thread going about 6 months ago and we did all the hard work of comparing, price, type, quality, etc... (if you search, you might find it with all of our info for the comparison)

3 of us actually met up to get our G's done the same day...

I'd agree with waiting for the weather to be better make the trek North to get windows tinted from Jersey. Plus, you might consider that it'd take FOREVER for the bubbles to dry out due to the cold weather. Mine took about a week in the summer... so I don't know about winter... !?

~J

Last edited by G35PhatS4; 01-15-2005 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:46 PM
yeah I was there that day with babiephat and speedholic..

I'd also highly suggest waiting til summer, or at least march or something. A tint as thick as huper takes even longer to dry out... combine that with the fact that it's winter, and you may be looking at one hell of a long time.

good luck.

Old 01-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I checked out the Huper Optik website and requested for local installers, I actually drove by the installers to check 'em out first. The one installer who was the closest to me (about 20 minutes) had a junkyard-like shop.....I was totally wigged out thinking that they would be working on my ride. The second shop, which was a little further away from me (about 45 minutes) charged a very steep price....something on the order of >$400 AND the dude said that he would have to REMOVE the door panels to ensure that the tint goes below the moleskin (the velvety thingy on top of the door panel) since our windows automatically drop down when the doors are opened. Sooo, where do you think I went? I made the trip up to James Tint shop (about a 2+ hour drive from Philly) and got a great price...great job...and the people were definitely chill.

Just my $0.02.

Old 01-15-2005, 04:41 PM
I also will confirm the great job that James @ James Tint does. I had my G done in early Nov. along with my son's Mitsu Evo. Nice guy to deal with, great price, and nice shop. While I was there also met another G driver from Maryland who drove up to have James do his

Old 01-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Is james tint located in Middletown NY? If so, I'm going there, its only a 20 min drive from West Point. Thanks for all the info. Can't wait for the snow to melt!!!!!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:16 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Is james tint located in Middletown NY?
Yes it is.

Old 01-30-2005, 11:11 PM
can anyone post an address and maybe a price range?

Old 01-31-2005, 07:44 AM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Here you go:

Playtogs Plaza
130 Dolson Ave.
Middletown, NY 10940

Website

Price range: if you have a coupe push for $250

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Huper Optik Tint Shops???