NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

*Hawk's Nest Run* July 12th, 2015 **ALL G'S AND Z'S WELCOME**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
*Hawk's Nest Run* July 12th, 2015 **ALL G'S AND Z'S WELCOME**

Alright guys, I'm trying to get a bunch of people together to make a run up to Hawk's Nest in Port Jervis, NY. I've been up there with the guys from the Porsche forum and it's one of the most amazing roads I've ever seen. I'd like to have as many G's as possible going up there and I'm also posting on the Z forums.

Meet Up - July 12th, 2015 @ 7:30 AM
AMC Lowe's Bay Terrace 6
Upper Level Bay Terrace Shopping Center
211-01 26th Ave
Bayside, NY 11360

If necessary, we'll have a second stop upstate to meet up with any guys in the upstate or jersey area that don't want to drive all the way down to meet us in Queens.

Here's the route we'll be taking:

http://www.google.com/maps/dir/AMC+L...b8ae38!1m0!3e0

It's a slightly longer route through upstate NY and route 6 as well as seven lakes drive which is a beautiful road. The trip should take about 2 hours and 15 minutes and we can stop for lunch up there if everyone wants to. (There's two burger places, one before Hawk's Nest and one after).

Once we drive Hawk's Nest on our way back toward home, we can all split up and get home whatever the quickest way is. I'm sure most of us have Nav or GPS on our phones that we can use (Waze is an excellent app for anybody that needs one)

I'd like to get a sign up list if possible, I'd rather not do it if it's only gonna be a couple cars. Just let me know if you're interested or if you need any more info.

In the case of rain, it will most likely be pushed back to the 19th, but everyone will be notified at least 5 days in advance.

Old 07-01-2015, 10:42 PM
Here's the updated route with our second stop.

http://www.google.com/maps/dir/AMC+L...b8ae38!1m0!3e0

For those of you in Jersey, meet us at 9 AM at

Greenburgh Multiplex Cinemas
320 Saw Mill River Road
Elmsford, NY 10523

The reason I'm picking this spot is because you guys won't need to take the GW Bridge which would suck, you can go straight up north and cross over the Tappan Zee and meet us right there. If this doesn't work with anybody, let me know.

I've updated the route with some nicer roads, and the route has only been extended about 10 minutes.

So far we have about 10 people, so it's coming along nicely.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:08 AM
Alright, we're 2 days away. Weather looks good so I'm gonna go ahead and confirm everything. Got a bunch of members from the G and Z forums coming down. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone.

Just a few reminders:

-Gas up tomorrow or Sun. morning. It's a long drive.

-We're gonna follow the speed limit on the highways. 55-60 near the city and 60-65 once we're upstate. 10 sports cars in a row is a cops dream so let's not give anyone a reason to pull us all over.

-Once we get up to bear mountain and Hawk's nest, we can get into some spirited driving. Feel free to gain some distance from each other and go for a blast. If the road is busy, I may pull over and we could wait for it to clear out, there's nothing worse than driving 2 hours to be stuck behind a Prius.

I'll see everyone on Sunday!