NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Huper Optik in Philly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huper Optik in Philly

Where and how much???? and What did they do about the dot matrix on the rear windshield???
Thanks

Old 03-29-2005, 09:35 PM
James...not sure if there’s any in Philly. At least there wasn’t when I had mine installed last October. I ended up having to contact Huper Optik to inquire about local authorized installers (live in Delaware) and the closest installers I was referred to were in Waldorf, MD and Allentown, PA. Both of these shops charged between $400-$500 from what I recall. You may want to ask Huper again to see if there’s any new local installers.

I ended up driving to Middletown, NY, to have it done by James of www.jamestint.com

He had great reviews on the forum and his price couldn’t be beat ($250 for coupe) and my experience concurred.

As for the dot-matrix, James will do whatever you want. I opted to get the tint glued over the dot matrix. He can also use vinyl (there was a carbon fiber looking strip that looked pretty cool) or even cut the tint at the edge of the dot-matrix - if the tint is light enough.

Old 03-29-2005, 10:25 PM
thanks for the infor Rey, I stop by this tint shop earlier today and he estimated $500 as well. $250 sounds good to me, but not sure if I want to drive all the way up to middleton. Think I just might settle for Llumar. Did any of your windows have bubbles in it? I kinda noticed a couple G's at da meet with some bubbles in em.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:29 AM
Yeah, I was hesitant on taking the three hour drive to Middletown as well, but to be honest, I didn’t even notice it. This car is so much fun to drive that the time just flies.

I had a lot of bubbles after the install…so much so that they were driving me nuts, but they do disappear over time. If they don’t, the installer should be able to fix it for you, as all good installers guarantee their work.

Old 03-30-2005, 11:44 AM
UhOHnumber2brb - That James tint shop in NY gets great reviews...If you'd like I think a group of 3-5 G's is going to head up there in Mid to late April and get our G's done...$250 for Huper Optik which is regarded to be on of the highest quality tints is a steal...Like you said anyone in this area charges $450-550 for the same job...James Tint in NY supposedly does a clean laser cut job, so if your willing to wait till later in April we can set up a small cruise to get up there...It should be about 2.5 hours from here...Let me know

Old 03-30-2005, 11:47 AM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
Hey Guys,
The huper optik place I looked into doing my G windows is in Allentown, PA. That was the closest place. I would go to James' tint place if you want huper. Drivin' the G is great, so the ride isn't that bad.

I had mine done in Philly on like 28th & South, there were a few pin size bubbles, but it looks good otherwise. The dot matrix, my guy, didn't have a problem with, it is all how each person decides to do it.

Ask lots of questions first.

Good luck.

Old 03-30-2005, 01:21 PM
If you guys do the drive, make sure you have a good coating of Zaino or wax before you go! When I got home I washed my car and noticed TONS of little tar spots everywhere -- from all the damn road construction.

Fortunately, the prior zaino job made it real easy to remove

Old 03-30-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by Paragon
If you guys do the drive, make sure you have a good coating of Zaino or wax before you go! When I got home I washed my car and noticed TONS of little tar spots everywhere -- from all the damn road construction.

Fortunately, the prior zaino job made it real easy to remove

Thanks Paragon I will surely keep that in mind...I bought Zaino over the winter but I was advised by many that since I garaged my car for the winter to wait till spring to apply this stuff...I guess something to do with the curing and drying of the all the Zaino products is easier and faster when its warmer out...Anyways temps are around 50-60 which I guess is decent enough, now if I can only clear out an entire day to do the job right I'll be able to start this process..

Old 03-30-2005, 02:54 PM
G SQUAD
If you're gonna get the Hupers... wait till the weather warms up a bit as it takes about a week to get the bubbles to dry out due to the film being thicker than other tints.

In the hot summer June weather, it took my car almost a week. If you decide to go with Hupers, you won't regret it... it's a very classy tint and works extremely well for heat reduction!

James up in Middletown, NY is an authorized Huper dealer... laser cut, and very professional. For $250, you will NOT find a cheaper price. I did my research and other places want $350+... we got the $250 cause me and 3 others went up the same day for a group rate. Up to you... I think it's worth the drive.

Good luck.

Old 03-30-2005, 03:16 PM
James, $250 can't beat it. Rey & I had it done the same day. Rey how's your dot mat holding up? Did'nt have my dot's done, had it cut and really can't tell.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by wilstkd
James, $250 can't beat it. Rey & I had it done the same day. Rey how's your dot mat holding up? Did'nt have my dot's done, had it cut and really can't tell.
Bill!

The dot mat looks ok now. We haven’t had much warm weather since the install in late October, so it’s taken awhile for some spots to dry. We’ll see if it improves further once the weather heats up.

Yep, James recommended cutting the tint vs. glueing for our 40%. I chose the glue and Bill chose the cut!

Old 03-30-2005, 08:04 PM
I'm in no rush to get the tint done, just want it before it gets really hot out. Give me a heads up when you guys head to James Tint, I will be away until 4/14, so hopefully I'll be back before you guys leave.
One more thing, anyone here also a freshalloy member?

Old 03-30-2005, 08:20 PM
heh guys i am ready for all the work you bring my way , i have been installing window film for 26 yrs and I think huper optik is the best film out there .My price will be the same for all g35 members and the film also has a lifetime warranty .thanks agains to all g35 members that have come to my shop .I am looking forward to meeting alot more of you thanks james www.jamestint.com
ps: check out my race site www.tearoffguys.com