NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

2 sets of wheels/tires possibly for sale: southern NJ

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 sets of wheels/tires possibly for sale: southern NJ

Since it looks like I might be selling my white G35 6MT coupe to get a bigger car, I have to consider selling the two extra sets of wheels and tires I have for my car. I do NOT want to ship these, I would much rather meet up with someone face to face to sell them. This allows me to avoid the hassle of shipping (and possible troubles that come from that), and also allows the buyer to see that the sets are in great condition. If it comes down to me needing to sell them, I will offer them up at great prices, since I just don't want to get stuck with them

OK, here's the details:

Winter setup - I wanted a winter setup that still maintained the good looks of my G35 coupe, but gave me that extra grip needed when we do get the random snow/slush. This is a perfect setup for this type of area where 99% of the time the roads are clear, but you still need a good winter tire for the cold. These worked amazingly well the few times I had to use them in any snow. These tires are AMAZINGLY quiet (I never knew my G35 could be so quiet). Great condition, almost no miles on this setup.

(4) 18*8 ASA ST4 wheels
(2) 225/45/18 Pirelli 240 Snowsport (fronts)
(2) 245/45/18 Pirelli 240 Snowsport (rears)

Summer setup - Now for the summer, I wanted wider tires, with more grip. I wanted fairly lightweight wheels, and I had no desire to go over 18" wheels. I think these wheels look perfect on the G35 coupe (looks just like the Nismo LMGT4), and I get compliments all the time on the look. Obviously this setup is great for warmer months. Again, I am very retentive about my stuff, I clean the INSIDES of the wheels every time I wash the car. This setup is also in great condition.

(2) 18*8.5 Kazera KZ-A wheels (front)
(2) 245/40/18 Kumho Ecsta MX (front)
(2) 18*9.5 Kazera KZ-A wheels (rear)
(2) 275/40/18 Kumho Ecsta MX (rear)

I am attaching a picture of what the winter setup looked like on my car to show how nice they look. No reason for a G35 coupe to look dumpy just because it's winter time I am also gonna link a few pics of my summer setup.

Both of these sets cost me ~$1650 each total. If someone is very serious, and would like to buy both, I am willing to sell them at a great price. I am not trying to get my original money back...I just can't have them sitting in the basement taking up space if I sell my car. I would rather another G35 owner enjoy them. I can meet someone (within reason) with these also.

Please email me at (forcefed at hotmail dot com) if you are interested, we can talk things over.

Thanks,
Kevin

Attached Thumbnails 2 sets of wheels/tires possibly for sale:  southern NJ-asa_st4_wintersetup.jpg   2 sets of wheels/tires possibly for sale:  southern NJ-winter_and_summer.jpg   2 sets of wheels/tires possibly for sale:  southern NJ-summer_setup.jpg  
Old 08-28-2005, 11:36 AM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
Damn only if they were 19's.
I got an '05 and was looking for nice set of wheels both winter n summer.
Can't see myself downgrading to 18's though
good luck on the sale from a fellow jersey g35

Old 08-28-2005, 04:20 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
if your winterset up is still for sale, i may be interested if the price is right? email me, filipino76@yahoo.com
ur car looks good, btw

Old 08-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Even for being "only" 18s, my summer setup looks great on the car. Very natural looking, and just flows good with the G without taking away from the car like some over the top wheels do.

I haven't sold either set yet, it would be nice to find someone who would buy both sets together. But if it comes down to breaking apart the sets, I guess that's what I will do.

Kev

Old 09-04-2005, 11:46 AM
PM Sent.

Old 09-04-2005, 04:41 PM
PM Sent.

Old 09-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Guess I should update this. Everything is sold.

Thanks,
Kev

PS I had to get back to my "roots"

Last edited by ForceFed; 09-05-2005 at 10:43 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Obsessive Owner
Damn, to late, was interested in the winter setup. Congrats on the STi man, I havnt adjusted to the new style yet, but its a hell of a car, good luck!

Old 09-08-2005, 06:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love those 5 spoke fat wheels you had on the G!

and I also love the new front of the STi's!

Old 09-12-2005, 07:51 AM
It's weird how the new front style of the Subarus doesn't really photo well. I was not too sure how I liked the front end, but then when I saw the STi in person, I loved the new look! This seems to be the consensus with most, even if they didn't like the front in pictures, in person it really flows well with the car.

The G35 was a great car, but I really missed the raw appeal of the AWD turbocharged drivetrain. I wanted a car that can be fun ALL year round, and the G35 sucked last year in the wintertime. Snowtires made the car barely adequate in any type of snow or slush, which I guess I should have expected. And my G35 disappointed in the fact that I had to take it to the dealer quite a few times to get things fixed. For a car rated so high, that didn't impress me at all. Luckily it was nothing major, but it's still an annoyance.

Still love reading the stories from those adding forced induction to the Z/G platform. Keep up the good work!

Kev
www.forcefed4.com