NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EL-EE-ES
Dude this tread move from time to time...like tx and uspeed said, we know each other personally and call each other....in a way we don't have a "crew" but have a family...Drew is a admin and he seems fine with the tread, drew let us know if we need to change things....midnight the g35 is an aging platform....most of us built our cars already and have learn everything from the forums, we have not been active as much, heck even the og guys in Cali aren't active as much....but anyways I've meet a lot of g family members on here and am happy to say I'm still friends after 7+ years
That's awesome, however you want to call it crew or family its a club! without membership requirement, do you meet up? Do you contact each other? that's a yes because you mention that you call each other.....if you look at any z club or g club organization those are the requirements! I know your chiming in and defending your buddy and that's cool, I expect that but please understand I don't want to infringe on you guys relationship but was stating forum rules and regulation that I read prior to posting to this thread.
Just to give you a little history on me, my first car was a 280z 83' and my father owned a z performance shop back in the early 80's and there were clubs back then....and no internet.
In 1996 I kept the business going and purchased my first vg30dett 300z then started a club the same way and no fees no membership, just show up, support and share knowledge and ride the f'ck out.......50 to 100 Z's screaming down a highway is f'ing awesome in my book, rather than sitting on the computer talking. That's where clubs and "crews" are awesome! That's all Im about here, tired of seeing bikers do it and not car clubs. If your stating that most of the members built there cars and already have learned everything from an online forum, that's a problem. Know one on this forum talked about vq30det (stock turbo motor) from the 2001-2007 Nissan Cima or the vq30dett ( hard as hell to find) rare 2001-2007 Fairlady Z Super GT, both mount directly to your stock tranny and cost less than a turbo or a twin turbo set up. So being friends for 7yrs is awesome, and it's not about that, it's about the car culture. That's why you will join the site.

Last edited by MidnighBlueG35; 12-04-2013 at 10:41 AM.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:35 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Received 635 Likes on 551 Posts
Cut the crap Midnight or i'll put a temporary ban on you so you can cool off

Old 12-04-2013, 12:44 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

I don't think that you understand that there are over 10,000 posts on this thread and most of that is us just chatting it up and a lot of the time having NOTHING to do with our G's, this is a local group thread so if you don't like how it is run then stay out of it

Old 12-04-2013, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by Drew113
I don't think that you understand that there are over 10,000 posts on this thread and most of that is us just chatting it up and a lot of the time having NOTHING to do with our G's, this is a local group thread so if you don't like how it is run then stay out of it
Dude that's awesome in all, and I don't know why your jumping down my throat. Don't try to muscle me and threaten me, as you read in my posts I was following rules of the thread. So again I all ready apologized to the necessary people, so your 2 cents was not even needed. If your offended by my comments and my post by all means block me or get me kicked out. And if your a G Club Member then you should know just as well that if there a rule you follow as I did. Whatever 10,000 post that are in the thread is irrelevant if it wasn't on the topic thread. So, again go for it and make the threats its all good.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

YOU are the one who started all of this unnecessary anger, for those who are local in the area posting up a generic for sale shoutout is just fine….now, everybody carry on

Old 12-06-2013, 10:40 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts
lol wow.....drama at the beach, nice

The following users liked this post:
MidnighBlueG35 (12-07-2013)
Old 12-06-2013, 11:28 PM
Ban Hammer Expert

Haha where you come from Tony??

Old 12-07-2013, 04:59 AM
Received 190 Likes on 145 Posts
The 300 inspired my rear end!

My two cents, he wasn't explained the off topic nature once he went against this threads culture. He is correct in following forum rules. However a few minutes of random trolling he we quickly find out that you all do whatever in this thread. Several items offered up for sale and random meets, DIY

As far as something he posted about the boosted factory engines. It's something I brought up as early as 2005. People buy into the hype of exhaust, intakes, y pipe. I like this guy for that post alone!!!!!
People buy into hype. It's far less expensive to install a boost OEM engine to grab 500+rwhp

Who installs a stage 3 clutch without already being boosted. If he's not a drag racer or drifter, he's already boosted.

I blame us on this on because he doesn't know. Educate outsiders before lashing out on ... My two cents, even when they jump the gun first.

Attached Thumbnails Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?-resizedimage951326485597660.jpg  

Last edited by G ZILLA; 12-07-2013 at 05:23 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:02 AM
The National G Club is going to be your best platform to reach Gs in your area with va beach and Richmond holding down the most members.

I love the idea of having a buddy with a shop. Applying for jobs as South as portsmouth, Richmond, Hampton. My kids are in Richmond and the drive from DC is wearing on soul and patience.

Old 12-07-2013, 05:19 AM
Random 4am cell phone post 3.

The Nissan pathfinder is a stroked vq35 but favors the g37 on a few items. The 4.0 is from the factory stroked 3.5.

Why pay all that money for these stroker kits? The pathfinder can tow 6500lbd stock. That's tons of OEM tq for cheap not even boosted. Imagine a little vortech or snail to assist?

When frank from Hills was at aam, they built one.. I think they stopped around 750rwhp. This was like 2005/2006. I hear car had more tuner backed down. Customer was like do it. They stopped mid 7s

Last edited by G ZILLA; 12-07-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:24 AM
Originally Posted by G ZILLA
The 300 inspired my rear end!

My two cents, he wasn't explained the off topic nature once he went against this threads culture. He is correct in following forum rules. However a few minutes of random trolling he we quickly find out that you all do whatever in this thread. Several items offered up for sale and random meets, DIY

As far as something he posted about the boosted factory engines. It's something I brought up as early as 2005. People buy into the hype of exhaust, intakes, y pipe. I like this guy for that post alone!!!!!
People buy into hype. It's far less expensive to install a boost OEM engine to grab 500+rwhp

Who installs a stage 3 clutch without already being boosted. If he's not a drag racer or drifter, he's already boosted. Garret turbo 1200-1300 not including all the piping needed. 2 Stock turbo motors built for turbo 2600....that's a no brainer..

I blame us on this on because he doesn't know. Educate outsiders before lashing out on ... My two cents, even when they jump the gun first.
Simple put thanks bro......I appreciate the backing and you are 100% right about the hype of dude wasting money on the name brand hype of exhaust first and all the hoopla of the sound rather than the burning of oil without the wideband unit for air fuel ratio. I got the two vq30det they came in yesterday and like stated they bolt right up to sock tranny just switching the starter placement and plate from right to left. I will dyno it after the fuel rail gets in and take to "321 Tuning" in Newport News by Ft. Eustis base.....lol stage 3 clutch and stock dual mass 29lb flywheel not resurfaced is the funniest thing ever!!! I see it all the time.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:35 AM
The National G Club is going to be your best platform to reach Gs in your area with va beach and Richmond holding down the most members.

I love the idea of having a buddy with a shop. Applying for jobs as South as portsmouth, Richmond, Hampton. My kids are in Richmond and the drive from DC is wearing on soul and patience.
Bro, PM me and I will no question asked allow you to use the lift or the shop for nothing at all because that's all I am trying to do is spread the love of the culture and get away from the stereotype of I got to buy into the products that cost wayyyyy to much. We are trying now to reproduce longtube headers from piping from Big Al' Muffler out here who is on board for sponsoring a meet out here in Yorktown also O'riely's, Nissan Newport News is on board also. Shooting for a Febuary meet I reached out to my Metro buddies and they are all in, and we will see at least 20-30 z's screaming down 64.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:45 AM
Random 4am cell phone post 3.

The Nissan pathfinder is a stroked vq35 but favors the g37 on a few items. The 4.0 is from the factory stroked 3.5.

Why pay all that money for these stroker kits? The pathfinder can tow 6500lbd stock. That's tons of OEM tq for cheap not even boosted. Imagine a little vortech or snail to assist?

When frank from Hills was at aam, they built one.. I think they stopped around 750rwhp. This was like 2005/2006. I hear car had more tuner backed down. Customer was like do it. They stopped mid 7s
Amen!!! Sorry to joy ride on your post but finally someone that understands! I had a stock vq45de (V8) but it was too much with stock drive shaft, difff, and power steering. Before I had the shop some shop out there in VA Beach tried to charge me 10k to install. I had two 2jz motors but didn't install because it changes the factor of being a Z to being a glorified Supra with a Z body... And LS motors take it from luxury to retarded sounding confusion and too much away from the fact that its too much and SIKKY is making way too much money behind the idea and again it takes away from the Z culture and my pops may he RIP will be rolling over in his grave if I did that to his Z culture.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:19 PM
CLUB MODERATOR

Received 189 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew113
Haha where you come from Tony??
hahaha! been known to pop in here every now and then just to check out what the VB boys are up to....a little drama never hurt nobody as long as at the end of the day there is a group hug.

Old 12-08-2013, 12:07 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by G 30-FI
hahaha! been known to pop in here every now and then just to check out what the VB boys are up to....a little drama never hurt nobody as long as at the end of the day there is a group hug.
When is the next time you're coming down? We need to have another get together.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?