NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:36 AM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
I found older ones for like 5k, but I can't do anything until the Titan is sold.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take a very close look at the birfield joints on any older Disco you inspect. I worked for a Toyota dealer a while back and those joints were a weak spot on older pickups and Land Cruisers. They require periodic maintenance and can be problematic if the former owner wasn't aware of that. You also have to keep an eye out for a blown inner axle shaft seal, as leaking gear oil can get into the birf and wash out all of the grease leaving you with a dry joint.

Old 05-22-2011, 08:06 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Who around our area is F/I? I am about to order my TT kit and I was hoping I could find someone to install it for me before i get back from deployment, car show up in ohio the week i get back so no time to install after i get back by myself. I really dont want to pay a shop tons of money to do it.

And, what is the average for a body kit install/paint job in our area? For a good one, and where to get it?

Thanks guys!

Old 05-22-2011, 10:00 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KidStealthG35
And, what is the average for a body kit install/paint job in our area? For a good one, and where to get it?
Im getting my car done as we speak.. it will be painted on Monday.. 2500 for everything.. but thats just a repaint the whole car red again... different color will obviously cost more... but also i dont know about whole body kits but my hood,bumper grill and trunk, took 4-5 weeks to get there

Old 05-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Who around our area is F/I? I am about to order my TT kit and I was hoping I could find someone to install it for me before i get back from deployment, car show up in ohio the week i get back so no time to install after i get back by myself. I really dont want to pay a shop tons of money to do it.

What kit?
What Supporting mods do you have?
Who's going to tune it?

Old 05-23-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
+1 you cant just install a turbo kit on these motors and call it a day...you need a lot more than a turbo kit, and the closest tuners for these motors are in atl, md or tn. To install a turbo the easiest way is to pull the motor.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Originally Posted by citymunky

What kit?
What Supporting mods do you have?
Who's going to tune it?
Greddy 20G TT Kit.

HKS Catback exhaust w/ Megan TP's

UTEC eManage
Walboro 255lph Fuel Pump
DW 1000cc Injectors
Turbo XS External Map Sensor
Turbo XS Remote Map Selector (kill switch)
Imperial Defi Gauges (Boost/WaterTemp/OilPressure)w/Control Unit
Water Temp Adapter for sensor
Greddy Turbo Timer -
HKS Blow Off Valve (already welded on pipe)
Greddy Breather tank

Kit was for sale on the forums here i picked it up.

I understand that i cant just slap on a turbo, my 240 is F/I.

I cannot build the motor out of the car, due to this being my DD and i'm deployed right now, so thats not an option.

Hoping someone down here can do the kit for me, just the install run low boost and keep 660 injectors on it until I move to AZ where I will have the car towed behind the moving truck and get it tuned out there.

I also plan on picking up before July Stage 3 BC Cams, Valve springs/retainers, Pistons/rods, new studs, and either get my cosworth dual plenum back or go with the Kinetix SSV

Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
How far is the tune shop in MD? and how expensive is a tune on these motors? In Ohio, i know people with these capabilities but since im down in VA for the military, I can't use them.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:26 PM
fu<K AAM comp.

I paid $700 for my tune, but I have a standalone, it would be cheaper since you have a piggyback.

Anyway you set-up is almost the same as mine. I got you if you need a installer.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
wonder what heppned to those that siad they were running late, or stuck at work on saturday???? hmmm flaked off again.... at;east Rich G gave me a heads up...

ahh another snail install..... nice

Old 05-23-2011, 08:03 PM
fu<K AAM comp.

I paid $700 for my tune, but I have a standalone, it would be cheaper since you have a piggyback.

Anyway you set-up is almost the same as mine. I got you if you need a installer.
Ouch 700, thats pricey, but neccesary lol... Will the intercooler and piping fit with my stock bumper? I have a GReddy aftermarket kit, but I would rather wait to get it installed until next summer.

Where did you get yours tuned? And will my car still drive fine without a tune after install? PM me price on install please and I will get with my wife and setup a time with you for it to happen.

Thanks again City!

BTW: You installed my TP's and Exhaust and it sounds amazing

Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
wonder what heppned to those that siad they were running late, or stuck at work on saturday???? hmmm flaked off again.... at;east Rich G gave me a heads up...

ahh another snail install..... nice

Man they were moving the boat out of the dock, I got stuck here until like 630. I posted on here. Wanted to make it, sounded like a good time.

Old 05-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
most nova people go to hills garage for their install/tunes...i say its about 4hrs away

Old 05-24-2011, 02:32 PM
Ouch 700, thats pricey, but neccesary lol... Will the intercooler and piping fit with my stock bumper? I have a GReddy aftermarket kit, but I would rather wait to get it installed until next summer.

Where did you get yours tuned? And will my car still drive fine without a tune after install? PM me price on install please and I will get with my wife and setup a time with you for it to happen.

Thanks again City!

BTW: You installed my TP's and Exhaust and it sounds amazing
If you have the GReddy duel inlet intercooler, it will work the stock bumper. I got my tuned at Forged Performace down in the ATL.

You can drive the car with the stock injectors fine, and swap them went to go to the tuner.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:14 PM
If you have the GReddy duel inlet intercooler, it will work the stock bumper. I got my tuned at Forged Performace down in the ATL.

You can drive the car with the stock injectors fine, and swap them went to go to the tuner.
Yeah its the GReddy dual inlet. Awesome.

Well I am now purchasing the Osiris - Tuner package and going to suffice on an eTune with the 1000cc injectors and not really run my motor hard since I only have a few months left in VA. Tow it to AZ and get it tuned out there by pro's.

Can you PM me price on install and how long it will take? My wife cant be without the car during the weekdays.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?