NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Old 07-31-2011 | 08:23 PM
Hey buddah, I overheated yesterday and my check engine came on, ran the scanner and it said I was over-temp and it was reading an error with my cats (i have tests) so i replaced my rad hose and the car is running great. I cleared the codes and I was just wondering if that check engine is going to pop back on for the cats?

Old 07-31-2011 | 08:32 PM
Les, good times friday night, thanks for having us... and congrats to Munky for the new addition tot he family.....

Old 07-31-2011 | 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by LisbonsG35
Hey buddah, I overheated yesterday and my check engine came on, ran the scanner and it said I was over-temp and it was reading an error with my cats (i have tests) so i replaced my rad hose and the car is running great. I cleared the codes and I was just wondering if that check engine is going to pop back on for the cats?
Cats, have nothing to do for your over-heating, now you might get a check engine light back on cats depending on how munky did your set up and what management your running, but over heat temp is when your thermostat reads a certain temp over the setting.....pm the test

Old 07-31-2011 | 08:44 PM

ANyway, thanks Buddah! Do you know if either infiniti dealer has the OEM shift ***** for Manual in willow?
Willow? i'll see if i still have Lesold shift ****.its some where in my tool box.. i'll let you tomorrow

The following users liked this post:
JarmaDUH (07-31-2011)
Old 07-31-2011 | 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by 3Buddha5
But yet you send me a PM asking for help and suggestion....Im one of few people that can help you and actually knows what to do..... but i all good, just a negative nancy buddha.... i mean what do i know i just work for Infiniti
ECCS (Electronically Concentrated Control System)
NATS ( Nissan Anti-Theft System)

you have and Anti Theft code, and all you did was put a spacer....
BAhaha!!! NNBuddha, lol!!! Yea this jigga is cold blooded, salesmen to the core. But i aint hatin, i'ma hustla for life. Skills like your's dude i'd take um on tour. Can't wait till i can get all yall wasted. Hold me to it.

Old 07-31-2011 | 10:35 PM
Willow? i'll see if i still have Lesold shift ****.its some where in my tool box.. i'll let you tomorrow
I think its willow, might be wheat :/ either one will work. The one I have is torn up and looks terrible. Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Old 08-01-2011 | 07:44 AM
So i put my lower rad hose on, and its secured on good. I drove my car about 40 miles yesterday on the highway and in town to make sure the water was running good. (distilled water) Today I wake up and move my car to wash it, and white smoke is slowly coming out of the exhaust. I rev it and more white smoke comes out. The higher I rev the more smoke. I checked the exhaust tips and there is water on them, but nothing else. Any clue what this might be? Please dont tell me head gasket :/ That would be the worst news right now. I am hoping if anything is wrong, its the valve seals.

Heres a video

Last edited by LisbonsG35; 08-01-2011 at 07:57 AM.
Old 08-01-2011 | 07:53 AM
Cats, have nothing to do for your over-heating, now you might get a check engine light back on cats depending on how munky did your set up and what management your running, but over heat temp is when your thermostat reads a certain temp over the setting.....pm the test
I didnt test it personally, Advanced Auto did. I understand the cats, and I'm fine with that. I am running stock ECU for now because my turbo gaskets STILL havent come. I can get a retest done and get the codes. He just told me the errors and they sounded like errors that I was alright aware of. Now i'm having this white smoke problem.

I love G35's lol!

Thanks Buddah!

Old 08-01-2011 | 11:51 AM
So does anyone know what tuning software is better uprev or Cobb for N/A with just bolt ons any help would be great

Old 08-01-2011 | 12:23 PM
I didnt test it personally, Advanced Auto did. I understand the cats, and I'm fine with that. I am running stock ECU for now because my turbo gaskets STILL havent come. I can get a retest done and get the codes. He just told me the errors and they sounded like errors that I was alright aware of. Now i'm having this white smoke problem.

I love G35's lol!

Thanks Buddah!
I can take a look at it today.. I get off at 5:30.. lmk I can meet up with you and check it out

Old 08-02-2011 | 04:40 PM
Wtf!!!

Originally Posted by just cruising
So does anyone know what tuning software is better uprev or Cobb for N/A with just bolt ons any help would be great
What i wanna kno is how the hell you have five posts n more points then me?

Old 08-02-2011 | 05:13 PM
Premier Member
Premier Member
I'm down here in Hampton this week for work, anybody up for a meetup around the Hampton Town Center? (Only area I know very well) Casual encounters are cool too, #nohomo. Okay, j/k about the casual encounters part.

Old 08-02-2011 | 05:16 PM
Don't know don't really pay attention to points and stuff just trying to find some info out that's all

Old 08-02-2011 | 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by LoSt180
I'm down here in Hampton this week for work, anybody up for a meetup around the Hampton Town Center? (Only area I know very well) Casual encounters are cool too, #nohomo. Okay, j/k about the casual encounters part.
How do you like MD, i'm transferring in Feb to Pax Riv? Station SAR.

Old 08-02-2011 | 05:44 PM
Premier Member
Premier Member
Originally Posted by JarmaDUH
How do you like MD, i'm transferring in Feb to Pax Riv? Station SAR.
I think the Pax River area is pretty out of the way. I'm up in Frederick and have worked in Rockville and now Columbia and surprisingly like the area a LOT better than when I was living down here in Chesapeake. I was in NoVA a while and the news had me scarred, but I think it's just PG County, everywhere else is fine.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.40 average.

Quick Reply: Va Beach / Hampton Roads G owners?