NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Anyone deal with Nashua Infiniti?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone deal with Nashua Infiniti?

I am looking at a demo G-35 there? It's was the sales managers car - has 3k miles on it. Here's the salesperson response to my telling him I would be looking to pay below invoice for a "used" G-35.

"$33,954 (the price they are asking) is actually below invoice for the car (not true according to Edmunds.Com and KBB.Com). It also has the "autobahnd" 3-M treatment for the hood and bumper (anyone ever heard of that?) which has a value of $595 but is included free of charge.
We have that other garnet sedan equipted exactly as you wish if you prefer but not at invoice + $500 (the price I told him I would pay for a "new" G-35). I could deliver either by Mon. Let me know your thoughts, OK? (I did - told him if they can't lower the price on the demo I'm not interested - thanks for your time - they are 2 hours away from me so if I go new I'll go to my local dealer. The only reason I called these guys was because I thought I might get a decent deal on a demo)

Old 08-03-2003, 01:45 PM
Re: Anyone deal with Nashua Infiniti?

Hi,

My real name is Chris Leger. I have some direct experience with Nashua Infiniti... maybe even with the car you're looking at. The short version is; I would not buy a demo car from Nashua (or elsewhere, probably) and I urge you to proceed very carefully if you're inclined to do so.

I was looking for a G35 Sedan back in June. Took delivery a little less than one month ago. I went to Nashua Infiniti, and spent considerable time negotiating with a couple of their sales people, as well as the sales manager. In the end I wound-up buying the car at Herb Chambers in Boston, mostly because of Price.

With respect to matters of finance and negotiation, my expereince has led me to think that Nashua sales staff take a pretty hard line with respect to price, in part because they are some very real success in their first few months. The best I was able to get them to do on the car I wanted (premium, winter, sport, aeroat MSRP of $34,890) was $32,000 even, plus about $125 in fees. Chambers sold me the exact same car for $31,500 out the door. This is a few hundred below Edmunds' stated "invoice" price.

In the end, I visited Nashua, talked with their sales manager (my sales guy was off that day) told him the price I had been quoted in Boston, and he didn't blink, went back to "selling the car" etc, telling me what a great product it was.... I'm standing there saying essentially, yeah, I like the car, I'm going to buy one, here is the price you need to beat, etc. But he wouldn't do it.

The point is that you ought to be able to get the dealer to go below invoice on a new undriven car. So don't beleive anything they tell you re: market conditions, etc. If I were interested in a demonstrator, I would expect a significant discount from the price I paid, off the top of my head, at least $2500, which would put me at about $29,000 on my car. Maybe this isn't realistic... I have no idea, because I've never contemplated buying a demo.

And here's why... when I took my test Drive in Nashua, the sales woman drove the car off the lot first (what is the deal with this? Lots of dealers seem to be doing it now.) and took me to a parking lot across the street, and did some donuts with the VDC both on and off. My thinking at the time was "Wow, she is beating the hell out of this car." I mean seriously, front tires scrubbing, tail sliding, etc.

She then did a couple of full-throttle passes between lights on the DW highway, did some armadillo-squashing hard-braking stops, and we swapped seats. THe entire time, she was encouraging me to "drive the car hard." Well, I did. On one segment of the twisty back road she had me driving on, I had the VDC engage twice, and I could see her stiffening in her seat... mission accomplished!

Anyhow, seriously, don't buy a demo from them. They drive those cars harder than I would drive (read: abuse) a car that I didn't like, or that belonged to someone I didn't like! The absolutely flog those cars. I mean, forget about any considerations re: proper break-in etc.

If you're interested in the Garnet car, offer them "invoice." Period. If they won't take it, get their best price, and call the "Internet Manager" at Herb Chambers. I'd mention his name here, but I think I remember reading somewhere that that was a no-no... andyhow, he will almost certainly beat any price they give you in Nashua.

Oh, and the car I drove there had about 1500 miles on it back in June... it was a white automatic sedan with a black interior.

AND... if you do decide to buy a car at Herb Chambers, don't believe anything their GM tells you! Seriously!

Old 08-03-2003, 04:28 PM

o.k. I was looking around here again this afternoon, and I see plenty of other people naming names, so here's the scoop:

In Nashua, my salesman was Ira Kligerman. Nice guy, claims to be new to the business. All negotiation with him is via the sales manager e.g. "I'll check with Bob"

I took a test ride with Natalie, who if I'm not mistaken came over from Kelly Infiniti. She comes across as having been in the business for some considerable time. Is always stating (unbidden) "We won't discount..." etc. Then she does. Had the courage to call me after everything was over, and *still* try to sell me a car at a price higher than she knew I was getting in Boston! You have to admire that!

Sales manager... either Ron Poirier, or a guy named Bob, I forget which. Affable, easy-going guy, likewise toes the line when it comes to ultimate price.

"Leon" salesman, late of the former Soviet Union. "We weel not deescount thees car. Ees market forces of which I am recently lairneeng."

In Boston (Herb Chambers), the guy I dealt with was "Internet Manager" (according to his card) Michael Widlake. This guy is good. Can tell you some pretty implausible things, and leave you believing him. Very slick, very affable, unflappable and likeable guy. He'll return your calls, remember what has already been agreed, remind you of same when it's his turn, discount and get the deal (read: "Win.") My impression was that it was a win-win, which is less than optimal in my book, as I prefer win(me)-lose(them) but I have to hand it to Michael. I'll probably buy another car from him.

Andrew Brody, Sales(?) Manager and $hit-talker of the first water. I'm trying to think of something positive to write about him... hmm...

Old 08-03-2003, 09:39 PM

The car I am looking at there is Garnet Fire/Willow. It was supposed to be the Sales Manager's demo car. It doesn't look like I'm going to do anything with them though, they don't seem to want to negotiate on price. I am dealing with the internet sales manager, Ambrose Devaney. No big deal, I'm in no rush. I would only have considered the car if I could have gotten it for a steal. It has every option, which I really don't need or feel it's worth the cash. Now I will negotiate locally (CT) based on new 03' vs. 04's coming out soon.

Old 08-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Nashua crowd is tough. That's a new dealership, and they brought in all good salespeople (from the owner's perspective of "good"). Sales calls from a June visit are nothing, one of them still calls me from a test drive I took back in *January*, when she was at another Infiniti dealership (you know who). I respect them as professionals, but I wouldn't bother matching my negotiating skills against theirs. Try the internet manager at Infiniti of Norwood along with Chambers. It's only 20 minutes or so from Boston (at non-heavy traffic hours). Kelly Infiniti pulled a stunt on me where they called me back the day after I ordered my car (at MSRP) and told me I had to make my deposit non-refundable, so I can't recommend them. I went to Norwood instead. Didn't get a deal, but nobody did on G35 Coupes back then, and they were otherwise straight with me.

-Jack
Obsidian '03 G35 Sports Coupe
Titanium '03 MX-5 Shinsen #532

Old 08-27-2003, 11:52 AM

YOOooooo!
I ordered a '04 G35 coupe AT......
premium package
auto-bahn (clear bra)
splash guards/door trim
$33,695..................Dealt with Brian Bonner (Great guy, very helpfull) ask him for the "dopey discount" lol , he'll laugh