NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

NY Traffic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
NY Traffic

How you folks getting around today with the strike??

Old 12-20-2005, 08:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
still drove to the city and it wasnt bad at all. but i left at 12pm when the hov restrictions were gone. saw 3 other coupes on the road today

Old 12-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Drove this morning and went on side streets. took me an hour and a half. my usual route is about an hour on school days.

Another guy at work that lives 10 mins away from me took 2+ hours. Sucks to be him since we don't see eye to eye. So he won't be getting any secrets.

Drove a colleague home since he took a private cab to work for 30 bucks. That drive was a bit better than a normal day. Than I drove home and it wasn't that bad either.

Another colleague of mine left his home in jersey at 10:40 and said "smooth traffic even going through holland."

have a safe trip.

Old 12-20-2005, 10:20 PM
Man, I dont know how you guys drive to work in the city. I hope your company pays for a parking spot. Anyways, I took my usual 25 min bus ride into the Port Authority. Kind of eerie how there were no cars on 5th and Madison Ave. I took my camera to work today and snapped a shot of Madison Ave:

Old 12-21-2005, 09:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
Man, I dont know how you guys drive to work in the city. I hope your company pays for a parking spot. Anyways, I took my usual 25 min bus ride into the Port Authority. Kind of eerie how there were no cars on 5th and Madison Ave. I took my camera to work today and snapped a shot of Madison Ave:

I take BQE every morning and today wasn't all that bad other than a few accidents that slowed the traffic even more.
Is that 41st street on the picture? I used to go to that Mcds when I used to work around there all the time. haha cool never seen the city this empty.

Old 12-22-2005, 10:35 AM
**** TWU and **** MTA.... bunch of lazy *** mo fos. bitching about nothing.

I think all TWU people should be fired and new people should be hired. They need to do away with this labor union PEriod.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:00 PM
G SQUAD
Originally Posted by myGspot
**** TWU and **** MTA.... bunch of lazy *** mo fos. bitching about nothing.

I think all TWU people should be fired and new people should be hired. They need to do away with this labor union PEriod.
there s nothing wrong with being in a union. they got their rights. the mta are nothing more than a bunch of rich snotty *******s that don t wanna help the little guy. man i hate management, *******s

Old 12-23-2005, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by njsfastestg
there s nothing wrong with being in a union. they got their rights. the mta are nothing more than a bunch of rich snotty *******s that don t wanna help the little guy. man i hate management, *******s
Help the little guy???
TWU people are already making mid 50K. Thats more then some people do when they get out of college with a degree. WHo are willing and able to work and cant even come close to 50k.

Most of the people that work for MTA or are in TWU probably dont even have a college education, i doubt some might even have HS diploma.

They are complaining that they have to pay 1,000 a year towards a pension plan. Are you kidding me... Tell me what other company does that out there. Let alone says yea you can retire at 55.

Granted MTA officials are morons... from the stand point that they went and annouced they have revenue surplus. thats like throwing more gas into a fire thinking it will night ignite. MTA should have kept their mouth shut and concentrated on improving subway conditions, instead of blabbing what they have.

Thats besides the point that the TWU had no right to strike. PERIOD. Like i said before they should have fired them all. Like President Reagen did with air traffic controllers when then went on strike.