NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Big Thumbs Up for Infiniti of Chantilly

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Big Thumbs Up for Infiniti of Chantilly

I just wanted to come on here and post my first positive dealer experience since I bought my car.

I purchased my 2003 G35 6MT from George Khalil at Rosenthal Infiniti in Tyson's Corner in December of 2002. George was wonderful. Great guy. My father and 2 other friends have since gone back to George and bought cars. However, every experience I've had with them service wise has been HORRIBLE.

1st service: my check engine light was on. Dealer said that it was due to a bad O2 sensor. He said he'd order one, and call me when it came in. I told him that I lived over an hour away, and that I'd just have it done during my next service. Oh, and the service rep basically walked right past me because I didn't look like a typical "Infiniti Customer" I guess, and had to be told twice by the receptionist that I was indeed his customer, so that was a bit insulting. "This guy?" he said. Yes...this guy.

2nd service: told Rosenthal that I was supposed to have an o2 sensor waiting for me from last time. Showed up and the brilliant service advisor said after normal service when I was picking the car up, "Oh, you need an o2 sensor. We'll order it and you can come back and get it next time." After a thorough reaming, they magically found one and got me going. If he had just listened to me, they'd have already had it. I said specifically 3 times, I NEED AN O2 SENSOR. Also complained of tranny grinding in 3rd. Dealer said couldn't replicate it. Sorry!

3rd service: Told them my driver's side window regulator was messed up. Took them 2 more services to fix it. Also mentioned the tranny, and that I KNEW it was a known problem. Sorry, couldn't replicate it. You're out of luck.

Anyway, George moved from Rosenthal to Chantilly this past December. Upon getting his change of location letter, I figured I'd give them a try. Called George and he recommended I talk to Ryan in service. I scheduled an appointment for this morning, and Ryan's been great.

I needed new tires, my wiper washer was busted, full 60K service, and AGAIN mentioned the tranny issue. Ryan got it all taken care of. My tranny is being replaced under warranty as it should've been when I mentioned it to Rosenthal several times. Ryan was nice, called me back to keep me updated, and was very professional. I wish I could say the same about Rosenthal service.

So, for any NOVA Infiniti people, I would HIGHLY recommend Chantilly Infiniti, George Khalil in sales, and Ryan Myers in service. They're great. I'm picking my coupe up with new tires and a new tranny on Tuesday, and I get to keep the nice 2005 sedan loaner till then.

A word to Rosenthal (not that they care)..I have bought or was directly responsible for referrals that lead to 4 car sales from your dealership. When I asked for the simplest thing service wise, I was given the shaft. You didn't listen to any of my concerns, or fix them right. You dismissed my problems, and tried to charge ridiculous prices for simple tasks like a brake job because you thought you could just pull the wool over my eyes. Unlike some Infiniti buyers, I work on my own car quite often, and know what things cost. You should take a look at your business, because it's going to decline now that somebody else in the area is around to do it right.

Old 03-03-2006, 06:28 PM
Thanks for the heads up I will keep them in mind when the next service is due. BTW: My wife and I bought our coupe from Rosenthal

John

Old 03-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I just bought my 03 G35 5AT from them this past Sunday. Got a good deal through Mohammad that works in used car sales. He's sold 3 of my family members cars also, so figured I would give it a try. Worked out great and I love the car.

Thanks for the lookout on their service dept., I'll keep Ryan in mind when I go in for service.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
If you join the National G Club you will also recieve free oil changes and 20% off any services or products. Only requirements are you must be an ACTIVE NGC member. We are located under the clubs area of this forum.

Old 03-08-2006, 10:36 AM
Just an update...Picked my car up yesterday evening. Everything I needed fixed was fixed the first time. New transmission is like night and day. I never realized how bad my old one had gotten. I actually had some issues on the way home because the clutch engaged so much more firmly, and the gears were so much smoother I didn't always know if I hit the gear. Before the clutch was very mushy and the gears felt really notchy. So again, big thumbs up.

Re. the Capitol G club...I had spoken with someone before about it, VERY long ago. I've had my G since December '02. My issue now would be with the "active" part. I live way out in Berryville and work in Winchester, so getting to meets is difficult, especially since I have a girlfriend who lives in Glen Burnie and I am with her pretty much every weekend. I also own 2 cell phone stores, so late hours are the norm during the week. I'm trying to sell my stores in the coming months and look for a place closer to NOVA/DC/Baltimore, so maybe then I'll join up. I'd love to see what other owners have done to their G's.