NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Are there really two settings on the seat warmers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are there really two settings on the seat warmers?

Coz I tried both settings, and I can't tell a difference.... both settings still are equally hot, and it makes you feel like you've peed in your pants

Oh, also I was wondering... on the seat warmer button, there's two bars, one's a longer bar, and one shorter bar...so, when you flick the seat warmer 'switch' up or down, does the light just stay on the lower shorter bar, no matter if you switch up or down to pick if you want the higher setting or the lower setting?

Does my question make sense?

Thanks, LYnn

Old 03-09-2006, 11:26 AM
I had the exact same two questions... who knows? I don't ever have the need to use the heated seats though, it's just another feature that you can tell people about

Old 03-09-2006, 11:28 AM
yeah it is 2 different settings...i notice the difference...pushing it towards the radio is the higher setting, and pushing it down towards the arm rest is the lower setting. the same light will come on but have different settings.

Old 03-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I asked my salesman that same question and yes there really are two settings (high and low). I guess Infiniti was being cheap and save themselves a couple of pennies for opting out the second LED. I was told by someone that in the automobile business, they would sell their own grandmas if that could save a buck each car...

Now, whether there is really a difference between the two setting, I've yet been able to tell. They both feel about the same to me.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:22 PM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
Originally Posted by shoebox4
Coz I tried both settings, and I can't tell a difference.... both settings still are equally hot, and it makes you feel like you've peed in your pants

Oh, also I was wondering... on the seat warmer button, there's two bars, one's a longer bar, and one shorter bar...so, when you flick the seat warmer 'switch' up or down, does the light just stay on the lower shorter bar, no matter if you switch up or down to pick if you want the higher setting or the lower setting?

Does my question make sense?

Thanks, LYnn

You are too funny. There are two settings, but I def don't use them if I have to go to the bathroom. LOL It just makes it worse.

Yes, the light stays on, you just know that if it is forward it is the higher setting and if it is depressed towards the back, it is the lower setting.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:28 PM
the long bar on the button is high and the short bar is the low setting...and i dont think they are that great of seat warmers either i've been in other kinds of cars and they are usually warmer than what our seats get....

Old 03-09-2006, 03:30 PM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
Originally Posted by DJM AutoWorks
the long bar on the button is high and the short bar is the low setting...and i dont think they are that great of seat warmers either i've been in other kinds of cars and they are usually warmer than what our seats get....
Actually, my seat warmers are great. It does my lower back as well as my a$$. And it def warms up faster in the morning then the heat in my car when I first start driving.

Old 03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
yeah they definitely work for me, heat up pretty fast and seats get quite hot...i usually turn them off after like 15minutes because they get too hot. then again i usually dont even use the heater because i liek the cold weahter just not the cold seats.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah the seat gets too hot for me on high after about 15 mins...but I can barely tell that its on when i have it on the low setting

Old 03-10-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by koreangrl
Actually, my seat warmers are great. It does my lower back as well as my a$$. And it def warms up faster in the morning then the heat in my car when I first start driving.
Yup, I use my seat warmers to stop back pains...just push the lumbar all the way forward, and lean back to relax. LOL, great device!

Sheesh, we pay so much for the freakin' car, and they can't even add an LED to separate the two heat warmers.

Old 03-10-2006, 12:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I like my heated seats and I use them in the morning when it's really cold. I never leave them on long enough to tell the difference between the settings. When it's cold, either one will warm my ****, and once it's warm I usually turn it off. And in my opinion, there is no need for another LED, it's just there to show that the seats are on, whichever the setting.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:39 PM
You are too funny. There are two settings, but I def don't use them if I have to go to the bathroom. LOL It just makes it worse.

Yes, the light stays on, you just know that if it is forward it is the higher setting and if it is depressed towards the back, it is the lower setting.
So what about us with the newer G's (05 and up)? Our seat heater switches are mounted sideways.......

I can't tell the difference between the settings...

Old 03-10-2006, 08:39 PM

Isn't there any more "creative" ways to heat your ***???

Old 03-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Pa. G Squad (Philly)
Originally Posted by CCns23
So what about us with the newer G's (05 and up)? Our seat heater switches are mounted sideways.......

Just HAD to be difficult didn't you. LOL

Old 03-12-2006, 08:40 AM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Originally Posted by CCns23

+1...what about the 05's?

Not that I really need them in Florida

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Are there really two settings on the seat warmers?