NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

what to do on 2 year anniversary????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2006 | 06:29 PM
|
what to do on 2 year anniversary????

its a cross post and got no response, figured you all in the area might have a good idea for me...

alright guys, i need some help. the girl and i are having our 2 year anniversary (of going out-not married) this friday. we were going to go away for the weekend...but like a dumba$$ i dont have enough money to really do that right now. i pay a lot of my taxes for the year at the end of it (by april 15th) so i'm gonna owe quite a few grand. so i dont have much money to splurge on a nice anniversary outing. i'm looking to spend 100 or less, 200 if its a great idea. we never buy each other anything, we always do something--like going to atlantic city or going to the poconos.
anyone have any ideas of something fun/ different to do??? keep in mind i live in philly and its going to be 52 degrees.
thanks in advance guys.

Old 03-21-2006 | 09:56 PM
i dont know your girl Andrew, but there are a few cool things that pop into my head when i think of "diffferent" and "inexpensive"...

1. (dont laugh) go to the Amish country. its about 50 min - 1 hour drive from Manyunk and up there ur money goes A LOT farther and there is some cool shiit to do. I took my GF there one time for a ride in one of those buggys - no joke - she LOVED it! But she loved horses/animals so im not sure if all girls would...there are also cool stores up there NOTHING like anything in the Philly area........just a thought. Youd be surprised how many tourists from around the country go to Amish country and people in this area never even go there!

2. Longwood Gardens is a sick place to take a girl. Wear a nice warm coat and stroll around the grounds (and lots inside too)...girls love flowers n nauture shiit most of the time...also its in kennett square, where u can get some AMAZING mexican food for cheap - margurita's (alcohal is always good)...about 40 mins from Yunk id say...

hope that helps....they have both worked for me in the past.....

Old 03-21-2006 | 10:18 PM
|
thx buddy, i'll keep amish country in mind....best thing i've heard yet actually.

we actually plan on going to longwood soon when the weather gets a bit warmer.

PS: i'll call you thurs? about lunch

Old 03-22-2006 | 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by aszatk01
thx buddy, i'll keep amish country in mind....best thing i've heard yet actually.

we actually plan on going to longwood soon when the weather gets a bit warmer.

PS: i'll call you thurs? about lunch
Sounds good.

Old 03-22-2006 | 10:08 AM
www.g35tt.com
The home and garden show is this weekend at the valley forge Convention center. Girls love that arts and crafts stuff. I'm going sat. to look for new stuff for the house.

Old 03-22-2006 | 12:46 PM
longwood garden??? oh my gosh, that was SO boring!! unless your gal really really like plants and flowers. plus, it's freakin' cold right now, who wants to wander around outside for hours....

how about Baltimore, visit the aquarium during the day? That's kinda neat and cool... Then you can go to Inner Harbor, and hang out there in the night, grab something to eat by the riverfront, and there's some cool bars there. There's even the science museum, which is kinda cool, in a geeky way... but still cool .....

If the weather holds up at 52oF over the weekend, and if you guys like hiking/waterfalls stuff, try Bushkill Falls... which is about 3 hours away from you, near Poconos. They have 2 waterfalls, a really neat hike/walkway kinda thing, and maybe you can suprise her with a picnic???? okay, for a guy...maybe buy a bottle of wine, bring 2 glasses, and some chocolates...

Or you could spend the day in DC.... there's a really cool contemporary abstract museums right along the white house.... i forgot what it's called.

Lynn

Old 03-22-2006 | 02:51 PM
|
sweet....thx guys. appreciate it
we'll def. have to do bushkill when it gets a bit nicer out
maybe for our 2.5 year anniversary

Old 03-22-2006 | 03:42 PM
I second Inner Harbor in Baltimore. Lots to do, see, and eat. Don't do Amish country. It is boring. Trust me, I grew up in Lancaster. The outlets may be worth the trip, though.

Old 03-22-2006 | 04:17 PM
The outlet in Lancaster suxs nowadays, coz it's super crowded and nothing's left to buy. Altho' there's a new Pottery Barn outlet which your girlfriend might be interested in!

Old 03-22-2006 | 04:40 PM
OBV Baltimore is WAY better than Amish country......but the guy said for around $100. What kinda fun can u have in the Inner Harbor for $100?????

I know i know, you CAN have a good time there without going broke, but i suggested Amish Land as an alternative that is DEF cheap!

Old 03-22-2006 | 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
OBV Baltimore is WAY better than Amish country......but the guy said for around $100. What kinda fun can u have in the Inner Harbor for $100?????

I know i know, you CAN have a good time there without going broke, but i suggested Amish Land as an alternative that is DEF cheap!

My bad, forgot he was on a tight budget. Take her to Seven Stars in Phoenixville and call it a night. That may be more like $150-200, though.

Old 03-23-2006 | 12:49 AM
|
k, i think we've decided to try baltimore.....

any suggestions on where to go besides the aquarium?
attractions, things to see or do....

also a dinner recommendation???
again....remember i'm trying to go fairly cheap!!
$75 bucks for the two of us for dinner???

thanks again guys

Old 03-23-2006 | 09:37 AM
cool, good choice.... Inner Harbor is a good day trip.

here's some places to check out around the harbor after the Aquarium:

Lighthouse... it's an okay place, next to the Musuem. Just kinda cool to see a round short lighthouse You can visit the Musuem too if you like marine stuff.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_F...oll_Lighthouse

This is a really cool Science center to visit. I'm such a dork, I like things like this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maryland_Science_Center

A good lunch place is 'Chipotle'. It's like Qdoba, Baja Grill, etc... it's a burritto place. Best burritto in the world! All fresh ingredients. Can't find any Chipotle in Philly Shouldn't cost you more than $15-$20 for two people. It's right across from the Aquarium, next to Hard Rock Cafe.

There's a ton of seafood restaurants in the circle of Inner Harbor. A little $$$ around there, but it's got a great harbor view, and a relaxing atmosphere. If you want a cheaper place, you would have to drive to the suburbs.