NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Weekend Photoshoot (NJ)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Speedoholic
WHOA!

That is some great depth of field shot! NICE!
You didn't chop it or anything, right?
Thanks. nope no pretend motion blur. The only "corrections" I made were the scuffs/bumper holes and license plate #.

Old 04-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by safil
YEEEAAAHHHHHH!!!! Finally, my 15 seconds of fame! That's me..........
Nah, had an awesome time yesterday at MRC and then at the photoshoot with Glex, Hanz, Pete and Hector (Sorry, forgot your screen name). Anyway, beautiful day and good times. Plus, I have to do it, you guys would do it too. Who was the G with the highest HP on the dyno? yup, yup... lol...

i think the highest hp was that kid on his bicycle..lmao.. na u got that man.. u came on top out of 10 or more gs that got dyno... good ish..

Old 04-03-2006, 04:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
that kid was haulin' *** on his bike, lol... How about that dude with the red G with the kenstyle rear. He had this whole theory about the dyno and why u got what u got! He was stressin' out cause he put all this money into aftermarket stuff (e.g. headers, cats, exhaust, air filter, etc.) and all you had the first run was a z-tube! Oh well, I think his exhaust is what messed him up. It restricted airflow out...

Old 04-03-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by afr0puff
Ivory... you still at nijit? I've got the carib blue coupe.
nah, i graduated last summer, although i am going back for my masters in sept.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:55 PM
gtr proto test driver
that kid was haulin' *** on his bike, lol... How about that dude with the red G with the kenstyle rear. He had this whole theory about the dyno and why u got what u got! He was stressin' out cause he put all this money into aftermarket stuff (e.g. headers, cats, exhaust, air filter, etc.) and all you had the first run was a z-tube! Oh well, I think his exhaust is what messed him up. It restricted airflow out...
when was that

Old 04-03-2006, 05:27 PM
ur right about that.. he looked sooo baffled.. like "wtf is going on".. he even got all technical n said hes gonna spend another g on it to boost up the fuel ratio...damn....

Old 04-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by g'dup13
ur right about that.. he looked sooo baffled.. like "wtf is going on".. he even got all technical n said hes gonna spend another g on it to boost up the fuel ratio...damn....
lol no matter how much you boost up the Fuel ratio. if it's still constipated you're not going to make HP.

AIR FLOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Old 04-03-2006, 06:27 PM
Administrator
Received 75 Likes on 31 Posts
I think the red coupe your talking about is SI coupe.
I doubt he has any restriction as far as exhaust since he has headers,test pipes or HF cats, Fujitsubo exhaust. Don't know what he has for intake. I think what he doesn't have is back pressure. NA engines need back pressure to some degree.

Anyway let me not digress from the thread topic.

Petenj thanks for taking time out to do this photshoot can't wait to see the final product.
I wish we had more time but what happened was that most of us had been out of our house since 8:30 am and we were dead tired.

Hit me up for the next photoshoot, im down.
Thanks again

Old 04-03-2006, 07:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
nah, not SI coupe. It was that young cat from L.I. With the pro something exhaust and kenstyle rear. He was saying that g'dup's dyno run was a fluke cause he was the first one on it. He was just mad cause he had low hp on the dyno...

Old 04-03-2006, 07:38 PM
G SQUAD
Ya'll are all lucky I didn't dyno. Lucky my car was gettin springs or else I woulda brought it to ya'll with a stock 05'..lol Gdup congrats on that dyno kid 253 is doing big thangs.

-Vin

Old 04-03-2006, 09:34 PM
nah, not SI coupe. It was that young cat from L.I. With the pro something exhaust and kenstyle rear. He was saying that g'dup's dyno run was a fluke cause he was the first one on it. He was just mad cause he had low hp on the dyno...
Thats Labeatit and he does make a point. If you were lucky enough to dyno soon after arrival, your oil would have been warmer and thinner which translates into a few ponies. I would never dyno a cold car!!! NEVER!!! Always warm the oil up. This is why you can't believe too many of the pre/post dyno reports from MODS. Basically, you need a good 3-5 runs. Technically, you should dyno the firsttime until it levels off and no more gains are seen, then pull it off, mod, and redyno again until it levels off once again for a more accurate reading. For getting a general baseline to see where you stand 3-4 pulls should do the trick but you will notice that each run (unless there was a glitch somewhere), the numbers will increase.

I'm not saying you will see a jump from say 200 - 275 by any means, but on our cars N/A I don't think it would be rare to see a 15HP or so swing from first to last pull.

Old 04-04-2006, 12:37 AM
gtr proto test driver
Originally Posted by Glex25
I think the red coupe your talking about is SI coupe.
I doubt he has any restriction as far as exhaust since he has headers,test pipes or HF cats, Fujitsubo exhaust. Don't know what he has for intake. I think what he doesn't have is back pressure. NA engines need back pressure to some degree.

Anyway let me not digress from the thread topic.

Petenj thanks for taking time out to do this photshoot can't wait to see the final product.
I wish we had more time but what happened was that most of us had been out of our house since 8:30 am and we were dead tired.

Hit me up for the next photoshoot, im down.
Thanks again
yea let us know so we can get our little bmw vs g35 photoshot

Old 04-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Thats Labeatit and he does make a point. If you were lucky enough to dyno soon after arrival, your oil would have been warmer and thinner which translates into a few ponies. I would never dyno a cold car!!! NEVER!!! Always warm the oil up. This is why you can't believe too many of the pre/post dyno reports from MODS. Basically, you need a good 3-5 runs. Technically, you should dyno the firsttime until it levels off and no more gains are seen, then pull it off, mod, and redyno again until it levels off once again for a more accurate reading. For getting a general baseline to see where you stand 3-4 pulls should do the trick but you will notice that each run (unless there was a glitch somewhere), the numbers will increase.

I'm not saying you will see a jump from say 200 - 275 by any means, but on our cars N/A I don't think it would be rare to see a 15HP or so swing from first to last pull.
i was the first g to get dyno and i pulled 251hp. there after with the assistance of glex and safil we installed ( shall i say glex installed) motordyne spacer car was cool sitting for bout n hour did the second run and i increased in hp to 257. and increase in torque.. most of the gs with mods on them (headers, exhaust, y-pipes, pulleys, cai) had low numbers.. most of the stock gs pushed higher than them.. with the exception of safil who pulled 260 something.. n he jus had cai and exhaust...

Old 04-04-2006, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by PeteNJ
I plan on doing another shoot next weekend if anyone can make that.

Hey man, I didnt realize you were doing this until today, I am between cameras right now and still dont have any decent pics of my new G, besides its hard to take a rolling pic of the car if you are driving it So if you do it again, I would be in.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally Posted by g'dup13
i was the first g to get dyno and i pulled 251hp. there after with the assistance of glex and safil we installed ( shall i say glex installed) motordyne spacer car was cool sitting for bout n hour did the second run and i increased in hp to 257. and increase in torque.. most of the gs with mods on them (headers, exhaust, y-pipes, pulleys, cai) had low numbers.. most of the stock gs pushed higher than them.. with the exception of safil who pulled 260 something.. n he jus had cai and exhaust...
Were you comparing 05/06's to 03/04's? I know SIG35 has an 03 I believe. The numbers will def be different between those yrs. Either way, still good numbers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Weekend Photoshoot (NJ)