Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 07:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Dovla !

Old 06-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Thumbs up

Wow that's a lot of good info! Ill try to give you my take on some of the same questions if i know the answers.

Who will be using these garages there?

the garages are first come first serve try to get there early to get some garage space, last year we all made it into the garage without any problems.

If needed, would there be any tools?

I'm bringing my torque wrench and wheel sockets, a tire pressure gauge(which i always keep in the glove box but its a cheapie) and a craftsman tire air compressor/inflator, window chalk (for the numbering) and blue painters tape to protect against any potential chipage. You and anyone is more than welcome to borrow /use anything that i bring.

Should one bring a chair?

Yes, if you have those little foldable kind. I always have two in my trunk and its nice to sit next to your car in the garage area but there are plenty of benches to sit on but they are just a bit away from the garage.

Are short sleeves OK?

You must wear long sleeves to drive.

Are you, 2-days-guys, staying Friday overnight?

I'm only driving Saturday but I am coming Friday and staying the night. I will be arriving Friday to watch some of my fellow G and Z owners rip up the track for a little while then i will be taking advantage of the free BBQ for all drivers that evening at the track. I am staying at the blakes lee inn just down the road with a bunch of ZGCA members and we are all arriving to the track bright and early on Saturday.

I have $200 G-Force Hybrid helmet (SA2005), please suggest better one for price.

That's a fine helmet...just try not to "use" it hahah

Any modifications required to a stock G35 to be allowed on the track ?

Last year my G was 100% stock well except for a popcharger and Z tube but that doesn't really count.

Apart from a helmet, any other pieces of equipments I should have ?
***** of steel! haha j/k ***** are not really a requirement.

Is a motorcycle helmet ok ?
Yes infact I use a motorcycle helmet. To make matters even worse its my motocross helmet so i look like a real goof ball but it meets the safety requirements

Overall how bad is track day on your tires and break pads ?

Not to bad you will notice some wear but nothing extreme that will require you to replace them immediately, unless they are already almost gone. I'm still on the same set of brake pads from the factory.

Do you guys use track tires or regular street tires ?
Last year i used my stock 18"s with stock tires and this year i will be putting them back on again for the track day.

Any good infos for a track newb like me would be appreciated
Have fun and you will!

Here are some pictures from last years event so you can see what to expect.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2125029266

http://www.350zconnect.com/ZGCASCCA/ZeeOne.htm

Last edited by willthethrill; 06-01-2006 at 02:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 08:54 PM
Question 2 days insurance?

Thanks for answers Will.

My ins. company will not cover me on current policy . Please suggest 2 days insurance. Thanks

Old 06-02-2006, 12:01 PM
Your insurance company has to cover you for any damage under your comprehensive NJ policy. This is a driver's education event, not a racing event. The fine line is "a timed event" which this is not.

They will deny that you are covered if you ask them, however, they will lose in court and must cover you.

The SCCA carries a $1 million personal injury "per incident" policy. So you are covered as far as your body.

The chance of you damaging your car is very unlikely, we only had two incidents last year, a crazy Subaru driver that crashed his brother's car first lap out, and a Caddy SVT blew a rear end. Both as a result of very poor driving.

Old 06-02-2006, 01:26 PM
Thanks, I was expecting and hoping this to be a case.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Guys, have you checked the http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/scca_pdx/ site lately? If not, you might like to do so because there is lot of new files (schedules, tips, rules, etc) posted there in last couple days, that you might like to read it.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Originally Posted by dovla
Guys, have you checked the http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/scca_pdx/ site lately? If not, you might like to do so because there is lot of new files (schedules, tips, rules, etc) posted there in last couple days, that you might like to read it.
good info! I have also attached what I believe to be the same documents here for those who dont join the yahoo group.
http://www.g350z.com/showthread.php?t=13

Old 06-12-2006, 03:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Tech Inspection

Can anyone recommend a shop to do the tech inspection? The one I normally use, BodyMotion, is all booked up for the week. Preferably in Middlesex or Monmouth, NJ, or in Manhattan. TIA

Old 06-12-2006, 07:14 PM
+1
Also anywhere in Union, Essex or Moriss. Or should I just go to the dealer?

Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 PM
See attachment.
For cars under warranty, I say this is BS.

Attached Files
File Type: doc
2006 Tech Form.doc (38.5 KB, 138 views)
Old 06-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by dovla
+1
Also anywhere in Union, Essex or Moriss. Or should I just go to the dealer?
I would avoid going to the dealer, who knows they could put a note in the system that your are going to drive your car on the track and then try to use it against you later on. I'm not sure if infiniti does this sort of thing but i have heard horror stories from subaru owners. My uncle is an auto mechanic at an import car place so i just have him look my car over and sign it for me. He gave me a hard time last time saying "You hardly drive the thing and its brand new what could be wrong with it" then he screams and says "OH MY GOD your throttle linkage is misising!!!" "FAIL FAIL FAIL" hahah
I would make sure the the form is signed when you show up. At the track they quickly look at the form and then do a once over of the car and then sign you off to get onto the track. I am sure JD could provide some more info about subject.

Will

Last edited by willthethrill; 06-13-2006 at 08:56 AM.
Old 06-15-2006, 04:26 PM
Supa Dupa Moderator
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hope they repaved that rough patch on the chicane. Been practicing my heel/toe like crazy the past month. So hopefully I won't suck on it as much this year.

Also, if the Saturday only people want to drive in a caravan of sorts, I'll be at the Hibernia Diner at 5:30am. Gonna eat breakfast and head out from there round 6am.

It's right off exit 37 on Route 80. Hibernia/Rockaway exit. Make a left at the end of the exit ramp and the diner is a block away on your left.

Old 06-15-2006, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by afr0puff
I hope they repaved that rough patch on the chicane. Been practicing my heel/toe like crazy the past month. So hopefully I won't suck on it as much this year.

Also, if the Saturday only people want to drive in a caravan of sorts, I'll be at the Hibernia Diner at 5:30am. Gonna eat breakfast and head out from there round 6am.

It's right off exit 37 on Route 80. Hibernia/Rockaway exit. Make a left at the end of the exit ramp and the diner is a block away on your left.
Yeah that bumpy spot is a little tricky but i just got done putting my stock wheels back on so if it is there it should not be a problem. The car looks so sad with its stock wheels back on after having on some nice ones
I am saturday only but I am heading up friday evening.

Old 06-16-2006, 08:54 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Too bad i just found out about this. I would love to go.
Considering last week i was at Gateway International raceway, doing a track event with the MINI guys.

I would be in next time you guys do the track event.

Old 06-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Such an amazing day yesterday! Thanks to all who came out on Friday and Saturday. Here is a sneak peak at some of the pictures until i get the other 150 uploaded

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pocono SCCA track days 6/16 - 6/17