Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

6-24 Monterey Drive Info

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
There's this new invention called a "cell phone". We usually use them to keep in touch.

HAHAHAHA....this meet is goin to be sick!

Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's this new invention called a "cell phone". We usually use them to keep in touch.

yes...but you can use a 2 way radio to communicate with everyone on that channel. Plus it's instantaneous. That's why for a big meet like this, it's easier to use 2-way radios (walkie talkies).

Unless you want to make 25 calls to tell each person that a cop is ahead.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The radios aren't a bad idea. I have 2 buried somewhere. I'll take a look for them. Those with a radar detector can transmit a general alert message to the rest of us much quicker.

I may call for one last run before the end of the year . . . San Simeon. I'll know more after I attend the SoCal/NorCal Run. I was thinking more of an over nighter.

Speaking of which . . . Who plans on going on the July 8th San Simeon Run? It looks like Giri, Wes and myself are going at the moment. Hope to see some of you on this run.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:57 PM
workin...

careful, when you give eloy your phone #, you don't know when the booty calls are going to stop...

Old 06-20-2006, 09:58 PM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by Hooman6MT
yes...but you can use a 2 way radio to communicate with everyone on that channel. Plus it's instantaneous. That's why for a big meet like this, it's easier to use 2-way radios (walkie talkies).

Unless you want to make 25 calls to tell each person that a cop is ahead.
Simmer down new guy. First off we don't drive all that fast, second off this isn't our first meet. We'll be fine. We usually break up into groups. Andy in the front, me in the middle, Shane in the back. We'll work it out. Walkie talkies are great, but I don't think most people will buy them just for this meet.

Old 06-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Sedan
Originally Posted by absolutg
careful, when you give eloy your phone #, you don't know when the booty calls are going to stop...
You still answer them though, don't you.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator
LMAO, Eloy . . . Welcome back!

Old 06-21-2006, 12:34 AM
workin...

i have an insatiable appetite

Old 06-21-2006, 01:06 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
Shane...i suggest the fellas that have a V-1 should be the group leaders....

Last time, I was at the end of the pack....followed the guy in front of me who didn't know how to follow or catch up to the pack...needles to say, we lost you guys and that was that....i'll bring up the rear...so i suggest the leader and the guy in the back should have the 2 way radios....

whatcha think? i'll be there early at serramonte....

Old 06-21-2006, 01:40 AM
Super Moderator
Okay . . . In light of some of the radar and radio chatter, allow to me to state the following. This is not a race. As usual, please drive safely and obey all of the traffic rules. We will be a large group, once again . . . And as such we will be sharing the roads will many others.

We have not had any mishaps during the last 2 runs, which I have started and I do not plan to have any incidents now.

I have made 3 dry runs and have posted the detailed driving notes some time ago. Please make yourself a copy of the said if your are not sure of the route, which we will all be taking. There is no reason(s) why anyone should get lost. That is why we have taking the time to insure that.

Please . . . No racing on the freeways. You not only bring grief to yourself, but you potentially bring attention to the rest of the group, as well. As usual, I would be remiss if I did not mention the above.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again. Perhaps, someone can suggest some other ideas for future runs during our meet.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
andy, thanks for posting that. let's get from here to there, nice and slow, in the CRUIZING mode, not in the LET'S HAUL A$$ AND ACT LIKE IDIOTS mode (like i'm sure we all drive once in a while, present company included).

and important thing: keep your distance, people! there was a dude in a sedan on my a$$ the last time i went - not a pleasant experience.

Old 06-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Cali Event Coordinator
BASE ACURA TLX NOW WANT A G35 AGAIN THOUGH
yep drive safely fellas....

Old 06-21-2006, 02:34 AM
Originally Posted by codeflux
andy, thanks for posting that. let's get from here to there, nice and slow, in the CRUIZING mode, not in the LET'S HAUL A$$ AND ACT LIKE IDIOTS mode (like i'm sure we all drive once in a while, present company included).

and important thing: keep your distance, people! there was a dude in a sedan on my a$$ the last time i went - not a pleasant experience.
Sure sure thats what you say now ...It must be Eloy behind you last time, he enjoys ride on other's butt, he jsut cant help himslef

Serioulsy guys, we arent there to race each other, keep your speed in check is best radar detector you could ever have, we are going to stop at couple places to allow others to catch up, so there is no need to speed up trying to catch up with the led pack. However I do think two-way radio is good idea, like Eloy said, dont think anyone is going to buy them just for this drive but its worth the investment for the future meet/drive tho, what kind/type are you guys recommend? I went to Fry's last week looking for them, they must have 30 different kinds, not sure which one to get

Andy! -- I was thinking of North bay meet/drive from Sausalto/Mills Valley thru Muir/Stinson beach have late lunch at Tomales bay or Marshall (Hog Island oyster company ) since we have never had meet north of the S.F. before, thought this might be cool to do.

Last edited by limeg35; 06-21-2006 at 02:51 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 04:57 AM
Originally Posted by limeg35
Sure sure thats what you say now ...It must be Eloy behind you last time, he enjoys ride on other's butt, he jsut cant help himslef

Serioulsy guys, we arent there to race each other, keep your speed in check is best radar detector you could ever have, we are going to stop at couple places to allow others to catch up, so there is no need to speed up trying to catch up with the led pack. However I do think two-way radio is good idea, like Eloy said, dont think anyone is going to buy them just for this drive but its worth the investment for the future meet/drive tho, what kind/type are you guys recommend? I went to Fry's last week looking for them, they must have 30 different kinds, not sure which one to get

Andy! -- I was thinking of North bay meet/drive from Sausalto/Mills Valley thru Muir/Stinson beach have late lunch at Tomales bay or Marshall (Hog Island oyster company ) since we have never had meet north of the S.F. before, thought this might be cool to do.
Def...this is a cruise...not a race. It's a time for us to put some faces to the names on the board.

I was looking at these:

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...v=&browse=&s=1

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...v=&browse=&s=1

I had some older ones that took regular batteries and I had to change them all the time. We used them for the boat and house, so you could tell people to come back for food, or radio in for help if something should go wrong. It's also fun for long distance drives...you can talk to truckers and see if there are cops ahead, where to stop for food, traffic up ahead, or just to shoot the $hit with them.

I would recommend ones with their own battery, and a decent distance (don't look at max...they never get that far unless it's flat flat road.) Make sure it has 22 channels, the private codes are good, the more the better, but more than 50 is good. I doubt there will be that many people on the airwaves.

Plus if you buy them from Costco, you could always return them if "something was wrong with them"

Last edited by Hooman6MT; 06-21-2006 at 05:00 AM.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:34 AM
Sedan
Originally Posted by andy2434
Okay . . . In light of some of the radar and radio chatter, allow to me to state the following. This is not a race. As usual, please drive safely and obey all of the traffic rules. We will be a large group, once again . . . And as such we will be sharing the roads will many others.

We have not had any mishaps during the last 2 runs, which I have started and I do not plan to have any incidents now.
This is the point I was trying to get across. I'm just not as eloquent as Andy. Why all this talk about radar detectors and radios? We've never had a problem in the past. Andy leads us at a nice leisurely pace and everybody has a good time. That's one of the reasons our meets have been so successful. We don't drive fast, that's not what our meets are about. Maybe someone could set-up a track day for those with the need for speed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6-24 Monterey Drive Info