Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Maintenance / Repair Help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know if I need a tranny flush, I heard a simple drain & fill is all you need around 50-60K. My car has 53K on it so I'm doing most of the 60K service. I can definatley take it into a shop for the tranny fill if needed, but if you could help me with the belts and radiator service that would be awesome. What do I need for the radiator service? Do you think plugs at the 60K service?

Old 11-06-2006, 02:28 AM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by gramdacious
I don't know if I need a tranny flush, I heard a simple drain & fill is all you need around 50-60K. My car has 53K on it so I'm doing most of the 60K service. I can definatley take it into a shop for the tranny fill if needed, but if you could help me with the belts and radiator service that would be awesome. What do I need for the radiator service? Do you think plugs at the 60K service?
The tranny can't be drained and refilled because you'd only be draining 1/3 of the fluid. The rest of the fluid stays in the torque converter

Plugs at 60K isn't a bad idea at all. The plugs are speced for 100k miles but swapping them out for fresh ones will only help your ignition system. For the radiator service you'll need some oem coolant and some distilled water. I would probably buy 2 gallons of coolant and 2 gallons of distilled water (typically that's how much is needed when doing a cooling system flush, but a drain and refill should be similar). You might consider replacing the thermostat too as preventative maintenance. I'd swap out the pcv valve too and drain and refill the differential as well.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:22 AM
OK. I'll wait on the plugs untile I get a my plenum spacer, then I'll do them at that time. The radiator flush sounds good, PCV valve is easy, and hopefully the belts aren't too hard. What exactly is involved with the differential drain/fill? Thanks for the info.

Old 11-06-2006, 11:36 AM
OK. I'll wait on the plugs untile I get a my plenum spacer, then I'll do them at that time. The radiator flush sounds good, PCV valve is easy, and hopefully the belts aren't too hard. What exactly is involved with the differential drain/fill? Thanks for the info.
There are two plugs (drain and fill), remove both and re-fill with fluid to the appropriate level.

Old 11-06-2006, 02:44 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. When is a good time for you, on a Saturday?

Old 11-06-2006, 02:46 PM
Anyone free to help out with a rear GTR overlay installation? I've had these sitting at home for 5 months now.

Old 11-06-2006, 03:32 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. When is a good time for you, on a Saturday?
not sure if I'll be around this sat, but send me a PM and I'll reply with my contact info and a confimation of this upcoming weekend's schedule.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
New G35 Owner

I bought a G35 about 6 weeks ago and had a question about the maintenace schedule. Most of the miles (99%) on it till now are on the interstate and this will be the case for the next year.

Considering this, is it a good idea to opt for the 7500/15000/22500--maintenace schedule that the owner's manual talks about? Or should I stick to the regular 3750/7500...schedule.

thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Old 11-07-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Pirsig
I bought a G35 about 6 weeks ago and had a question about the maintenace schedule. Most of the miles (99%) on it till now are on the interstate and this will be the case for the next year.

Considering this, is it a good idea to opt for the 7500/15000/22500--maintenace schedule that the owner's manual talks about? Or should I stick to the regular 3750/7500...schedule.

thanks in advance for the suggestions.
If you use a full synthetic oil and appropriate long life filter, then 7500 is okay, otherwise stick to basic oil and filter changes.

Old 11-25-2006, 02:33 PM
hey bythabay, do you buy any chance have a lb/in torque wrench? I suspect a vacuum leak (plenum / MREV+) but I don't exactly know how to fix stuff cause I got my MREV installed at ZCG.

Old 11-25-2006, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by cloud
hey bythabay, do you buy any chance have a lb/in torque wrench? I suspect a vacuum leak (plenum / MREV+) but I don't exactly know how to fix stuff cause I got my MREV installed at ZCG.
Yes, I've got one. Range is from 25 inch lbs to 250 inch lbs.

Old 12-18-2006, 03:23 AM
Originally Posted by cloud
Just as an update, wanna let ya'll know two things:

first, several of the plenum bolts were actually loose! is this something that happens often? Perhaps others should double-check their install?

second, I successfully flushed my brake fluid today using my recently aquired motive power bleeder. I flushed 2 quarts of synthetic dot 4 brake fluid through my system - braking seems improved (at least the feel of it does)

Old 12-18-2006, 03:46 AM
hi everyone,

man, i think im one of the only chicks on this thing, but anyway... i have an '05 coupe "bone stock", and just do day-to-day driving. does anyone else have problems with those stupid tire pressure sensors going off a little too often?? MINE WENT OFF AGAIN TODAYY!! i checked all my tires "BPI" (or whatever), my rear left was at 28, my two fronts were at 29 and my rear right was at 30. any remedies? i think frontier infiniti on stevens creek is tired of seeing me. thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice!

Old 12-18-2006, 03:57 AM
Originally Posted by ShannieShan78
hi everyone,

man, i think im one of the only chicks on this thing, but anyway... i have an '05 coupe "bone stock", and just do day-to-day driving. does anyone else have problems with those stupid tire pressure sensors going off a little too often?? MINE WENT OFF AGAIN TODAYY!! i checked all my tires "BPI" (or whatever), my rear left was at 28, my two fronts were at 29 and my rear right was at 30. any remedies? i think frontier infiniti on stevens creek is tired of seeing me. thanks in advance for any suggestions/advice!
first, I would check your pressure when the tires are absolutely cold becuase when they warm-up the pressure goes up a few lbs. next, I would set the pressure a bit higher than 30 or 29. try 33 or 35 (though I'm not 100% sure about tire pressure ratings for coupes.

Old 12-18-2006, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the oilchange and MREV thingy. Learned alot from you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Maintenance / Repair Help