Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Best shop in norcal for springs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best shop in norcal for springs?

Im looking to lower my G about 1 1/2 inches what would be the best setup? and which store? ive only done one otherm od so far on my 06 coupe which is tint the windows

Old 10-14-2006, 09:57 PM
What springs you looking for?

I've got suspension for sale with the drop you are looking for. > https://g35driver.com/forums/northern-california/119474-disco_monkey-s-05-coupe-parting-out-2-a.html

Old 10-17-2006, 05:59 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
We have several options for lowering springs and do lots of suspension installs in the East Bay if you are local. Thanks.

Jeff

Old 10-19-2006, 03:55 AM
I'm also thinking about lower my G about 1 inch. I really don't know how low that is. I see a lot of other Gs, and they ALL look lowered to me. I thought they all came like that stock, but mine looks pretty high compared to every other single one. I'd want to lower it just enough to look nicer, but not so low that I'd have to worry about every single rock on the road.

I heard Tein S-techs and H-techs are good springs(?). I don't really know what they are. I'm not really good with mechanics. Also, I heard that if you lower the car with springs, you need to replace the suspension or something?

I guess all in all, how much does lowering the car, without the risk of any damage to the suspension or whatever, cost? I don't need any improved handling or performance. I just want it lower.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:43 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by donkeykong
I'm also thinking about lower my G about 1 inch. I really don't know how low that is. I see a lot of other Gs, and they ALL look lowered to me. I thought they all came like that stock, but mine looks pretty high compared to every other single one. I'd want to lower it just enough to look nicer, but not so low that I'd have to worry about every single rock on the road.

I heard Tein S-techs and H-techs are good springs(?). I don't really know what they are. I'm not really good with mechanics. Also, I heard that if you lower the car with springs, you need to replace the suspension or something?

I guess all in all, how much does lowering the car, without the risk of any damage to the suspension or whatever, cost? I don't need any improved handling or performance. I just want it lower.
Maybe I can help. 1 inch is not that bad actually. A lot depends on the size tire or wheel you are using. If you planning on keeping the 19's or a similar size aftermarket wheel an 1" to 1.5" is about average. If you want to have a more aggressive drop then you may have to go with a smaller width tire or roll your fenders to avoid rubbing issues. Again still not a major issue unless you are gaining on 2.5" to 3.5" on a drop. Rule of thumb is the lower you go the more alignment issues you create and the greater need for an aftermarket shock absorber.

For added performance, the Tein H-tech would give you a mild drop yet maintain a lot of your stock suspension characteristics. These springs are about $207 in cost + install avg around $200. For more of a stylish dropped look, the Tein S-Techs for around $198. An upgrade to the Tein springs would be to check out the Swift Springs with even better spring rates and performance.

Additionally if you plan on keeping the car for an extended time, a full coilover setup is an ideal solution as it also replaces the shock and strut assembly and adds greater adjustment overall. However the beginning costs typically start around $800 and up for better setups.

Feel free to check us out: http://2visionsracing.com/onlinestore for all of your options.

Thanks.
Jeff

Old 10-19-2006, 10:36 PM
The one issue that has not been brought up is depending on the amount of drop you will might need a camber kit (to get the alignment back to spec)either for the front, rear, or both. I installed the Swift springs with a drop of front/1" rear/.6" and my front one side the camber was out .8 degrees and the other side was out only .4 degrees. At the rear, camber was out .1 degree both sides and toe was fine. My intentions were to try to do a drop without the need of any camber kits but I decided that my fronts were too far out and bought the SPC front camber kit. Front camber kits cost anywhere from about $425 and up although rears are much less expensive costing about $200. IMO, drops of more than 1" probably are going to need camber kits unless you want to have negative camber and that would result in more tire wear on the inside. The 350Z H Tein has a drop of F/.8 R/.7 and depending you could probably get away without any camber kit although every car is different.

Just something else to consider when you a drop.