G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

How to go about lowering my 05 X

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 08:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to go about lowering my 05 X

What's up guys first off I know there's tons of threads about lowing on here but they didn't really help me to much. I want lower my 05 x a lot, not slammed but almost. I was just wonder how I would go about this i know almost nothing about how to do it and what I need to do it so I would like to take it to a shop or something so they can do it for me and I was just wondering how much it would cost me? I'm guessing I want to lower it around 2-3 inches maybe more. If anybody could help me out I would appreciate it a lot. Also would it be a bad idea to lower my car right before winter or should I wait until spring time??

Old 09-04-2015, 11:15 AM
Received 75 Likes on 74 Posts
Bro, don't do it. Get a RWD if you want to lower it. It's an expensive clusterEff to lower an X.

1"-1.5" yeah, throw some springs in it and get a camber kit for the rear with toe bolts.
2-3" not fun ever

Old 09-04-2015, 11:56 AM
Received 142 Likes on 123 Posts
^he's right but if you really are about that life then I think BC and D2 make coilovers. not sure who else, look at the calling all X's with lowered suspension thread most of those guys post their suspension setup.

Old 09-04-2015, 01:02 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have an X dropped on bc's. You better have some bank cuz you'll be changing joints, bushings, and cv boots fairly often.

Old 09-04-2015, 08:51 PM
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Bro, don't do it. Get a RWD if you want to lower it. It's an expensive clusterEff to lower an X.

1"-1.5" yeah, throw some springs in it and get a camber kit for the rear with toe bolts.
2-3" not fun ever
I don't wanna have any problems with it so I'll take your advice and just put the lowering springs on it. Is there less problems with the springs instead of coilovers? I really just want the wheels to be flush with the body of the car basically

Old 09-04-2015, 11:26 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by EasySausage
I don't wanna have any problems with it so I'll take your advice and just put the lowering springs on it. Is there less problems with the springs instead of coilovers? I really just want the wheels to be flush with the body of the car basically
No, they're not saying to put springs rather than coils necessarily; you can still do either. They're saying you shouldn't lower an X that much. Only between 1 and 1.5" at the most. If you want a car that's almost slammed, sell your car and buy a rear wheel drive G or you're gonna constantly be fixing it.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeap lowering a X isnt fun at all. Lowered mine pretty low at first for ***** and giggles and ripped the passenger side cv boot. Got it fixed not so long ago and raised it some and I think I just ripped it again.... Havent checked but yea downt lower the X alot or you'll be going through boots like nothing.

Old 09-05-2015, 10:34 AM
There was a maximum height from ground to fender number but I do not rememebr it at all. Hopefully someone chimes in with it so I can measure mine again lol.

Old 09-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
No, they're not saying to put springs rather than coils necessarily; you can still do either. They're saying you shouldn't lower an X that much. Only between 1 and 1.5" at the most. If you want a car that's almost slammed, sell your car and buy a rear wheel drive G or you're gonna constantly be fixing it.
you think a 1.5 inch drop will be low and not have any problems???

Old 09-05-2015, 11:15 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
I don't have an X. Honestly, I didn't even know this was an issue til the guys in this thread explained it.

Old 09-06-2015, 11:50 PM
1.5 is ok but be careful. If they say 1.5" drop for the RWD sedan it is 2.5" for you. Add one inch. This is all in the AWD sticky thread.

Old 09-08-2015, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock

Okay that's it... That's how low I want my car to be you think that will be good? I have the same exact car as that guy so I don't see a problem. Would anybody know how low that is just by looking at that pic?? And also if somebody knows the name of these rims please tell me!! I've been searching for days and I cannot find them other than in this pic so please let me know

Old 09-08-2015, 09:03 AM

Okay that's it... That's how low I want my car to be you think that will be good? I have the same exact car as that guy so I don't see a problem. Would anybody know how low that is just by looking at that pic?? And also if somebody knows the name of these rims please tell me!! I've been searching for days and I cannot find them other than in this pic so please let me know
Nahhhh that's real low for an AWD sedan. They come with 2.5-3.25" of wheel gap. Here's my X, this is 3.25" lower than OEM including the fact that I'm running 40 series tires on 18's.

If I didn't do a RWD conversion it would not be cool to daily like I used to. I was already under it twice a week as it was.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by yosip1115
Nahhhh that's real low for an AWD sedan. They come with 2.5-3.25" of wheel gap. Here's my X, this is 3.25" lower than OEM including the fact that I'm running 40 series tires on 18's.

If I didn't do a RWD conversion it would not be cool to daily like I used to. I was already under it twice a week as it was.

RWD conversion sounds interesting. I never owned a AWD car till I bought the X. I was just thinking of them crazy New England winters we get when I bought it. Deff wish I would of gotten RWD tho cause Im pretty much lifting it every week just to check the boots and everything else cause I hear weird noises sometimes.

Old 09-09-2015, 12:07 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Also would it be a bad idea to lower my car right before winter or should I wait until spring time??
How much driving through the snow do you plan on doing?

These cars are pretty good in the snow with AWD. but lowering won't help. I drove though a ton of deep snow with mine and the only time I had problems are when ground clearance was an issue. I got hung up trying to break through a small "plow dam" at the end of the driveway and had to break out the shovel.

Main reason I never lowered my car was because I did so much driving in the snow.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to go about lowering my 05 X