Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

San Francisco Japantown - J's Gathering 1/28/07

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 02:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
goto www.jsjbrothers.com they always have hella photos there... there was a black g35 with a replica kenstyle kit i think.... cause it didnt have foglights in it i think.. also he had his infiniti airbag cover wrapped and slapped on a nissan logo plus his engine cover he just took out the infiniti logo and put some weird nisssan logo on there... that DG coupe looked sick with those wheels though!!!! there was also a white one all stock with a gialla grill didnt know if it was fake or real though...

Last edited by Ciabatta Burger; 01-30-2007 at 02:24 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 03:13 AM
Originally Posted by JDM r TAB
goto www.jsjbrothers.com they always have hella photos there... there was a black g35 with a replica kenstyle kit i think.... cause it didnt have foglights in it i think.. also he had his infiniti airbag cover wrapped and slapped on a nissan logo plus his engine cover he just took out the infiniti logo and put some weird nisssan logo on there... that DG coupe looked sick with those wheels though!!!! there was also a white one all stock with a gialla grill didnt know if it was fake or real though...
ahah thats mine! gialla grill is real, ings+1 eyelines were also real, funny how that show used to be FUNCTION before FASHION but the only way you'll win in that show is kits and rims........defeats the purpose of claiming that

Old 01-30-2007, 04:48 AM
Originally Posted by rijen1013
just got word from the coordinator of the event that the "unicorn" of all nissan cars will be there!!!
the so called "eleanor" of the jdm world!!
'72 Skyline.

Preview!

Mix of models&cars. Blah pictures.

I got lazy & started talking w/ one of the female volunteers/friends. & forgot about pictures. Anyway, I'm sorry for the lack of pictures. But yeah check out jsjbrothers.com They were there & chatted w/ one of the photographers. Cool guys.

I'll post up 20 or so soon, in a link.

Last edited by Spoonster; 01-30-2007 at 04:50 AM.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:47 PM
My 2 cents

Jeri Lee Pics are up (just a few) MORE TO COME 200+ pictures
Christine Mendoza,Lisa Fleming, and Nikki Cash up later......

I am still getting my car-only coverage pics together but for now.....

Here's the models thread - Keep in mind, my skillz are throwing events, NOT TAKING PICTURES! I am horrible at it!

Here we go -

Gorgeous Jeri Lee getting herself pretty for the walk around -

The finished product, what do you think?

My 11 year old son is taller than her! Even with her 3" Go-GO boots on!

BEST OF SHOW WINNER - FRED EK20

BEST OLD SCHOOL - Mr.Ikedah DROVE (not trailered) the entire way from Washington!

One-Ton Garage / Drift Unit -

HKS s14 from Drift Unit -

FATLACE (designer of JDM Theory shirts) Marc and his DOPE s14

Check out Geoff's facial expression and where exactly he's pointing at!

People's Choice Winner - Clyde (NorCal Ep)

Civic Award Winner - ATS "G" (Gangsters)

Integra Award Winner - Arn (Sittinongold) SO-CAL!

Although it was a long day for me - Jeri kept me "UP" and happy all afternoon =)

I've got more pictures on the way with more models andmore cars! STAY TUNED!

Thanks to those of you who did make it out to the show and those who entered their cars! We all had a lot of fun hope to continue the shows around the west coast - We are doing J's Gathering San Diego, Seattle, and Hopefully Las Vegas or Reno.

We do have a few kinks to work on and iron out to make it a better gathering for everyone for the future. The first 3 years were just "meets" and then we started handing out trophies and catagories after a couple of years later.

We tried a few differant things this year and DEFINETLEY will make it better for the next upcoming shows. All your feedback and comments are all appreciated!

Over 65+ trophies went out and all 6 judges took over 5 1/2 hours to judge all 413 registered cars. A few catagories were not announced as we didnt have the trophies to present at the time, Like RAVI who won best Euro of the Gathering and a few J's Staff "CHOICE" awards and BEST ENGINEERED CLASS.

So all in all, I learned a lot about this PARTICULAR SHOW! Who not to work with EVER AGAIN and who to ask back! Thanks to all the great volunteers, staff, shops, car owners, and fans that continue to support the JDM Theory family.

Last edited by jdmtheory; 01-30-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: grammer
Old 01-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally Posted by jdmtheory
Thanks to those of you who did make it out to the show and those who entered their cars! We all had a lot of fun hope to continue the shows around the west coast - We are doing J's Gathering San Diego, Seattle, and Hopefully Las Vegas or Reno.

We do have a few kinks to work on and iron out to make it a better gathering for everyone for the future. The first 3 years were just "meets" and then we started handing out trophies and catagories after a couple of years later.

We tried a few differant things this year and DEFINETLEY will make it better for the next upcoming shows. All your feedback and commnets are all appreciated!

Over 65+ trophies went out and all 6 judges took over 5 1/2 hours to judge all 413 registered cars. A few catagories were not announced as we didnt have the trophies to present at the time, Like RAVI who won best Euro of the Gathering and a few J's Staff "CHOICE" awards and BEST ENGINEERED CLASS.

So all in all, I learned a lot about this PARTICULAR SHOW! Who not to work with EVER AGAIN and who to ask back! Thanks to all the great volunteers, staff, shops, car owners, and fans that continue to support the JDM Theory family.
Great comments from jdm theory. i had a great time at the show. I do think they need more variety of catagories for awards. i know 60+ trophies or whatever must be expensive but it would draw more g's to your show - I am glad i got a few models to pose in front of my car too! I'd much rather spend my $25 register fee than $50+ at HIN any day and see alotof performance cars and real tuners/tuner cars then lambo doors - not bad having 400 cars and only 10-15 ricey shiz there! I ran into one particular model and asked her kindly if she had a second to pose in front of my car and she just mad dogged me and said sorry , I'm tired...... WOW! Jeri Lee and Lisa were happy to do it! I couldnt ask Christine Mendoza as she was being mobbed by other fans at the booth....

GO FIGURE!

My comments? Venue change to a larger facility and/or more lighted area....(for pictures mostly) and awards variety...

Last edited by rijen1013; 01-30-2007 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-30-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally Posted by D_unit
ahah thats mine! gialla grill is real, ings+1 eyelines were also real, funny how that show used to be FUNCTION before FASHION but the only way you'll win in that show is kits and rims........defeats the purpose of claiming that
car looked good with the grill going to do anything else to it?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:24 PM
car looked good with the grill going to do anything else to it?
Ya , matter of fact I got a few things on the way. First I got a exhaust I'm going to order tomorow, very nice 1 and I hope no one else has it haha

Then a Oem front lip if I get the price of that later today

Then afew other things roming around my mind I might do for the next jdm theory

What else you going to do for yours?

Old 01-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Ya , matter of fact I got a few things on the way. First I got a exhaust I'm going to order tomorow, very nice 1 and I hope no one else has it haha

David, let me know the price on the oem lip as my is dinged up.

Old 01-30-2007, 08:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Jeri Lee Pics are up (just a few) MORE TO COME 200+ pictures
Christine Mendoza,Lisa Fleming, and Nikki Cash up later......

I am still getting my car-only coverage pics together but for now.....

Here's the models thread - Keep in mind, my skillz are throwing events, NOT TAKING PICTURES! I am horrible at it!

Here we go -
Very Hawt!!
The cars of course...
Can't wait for more. Looks like it was a fun time. Will have to try to go next year.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:56 PM

i have my rear GT-7s still on order and also waiting to get some swift springs and HKS exhaust... still thinking if i want to get a data systems lip and maybe grill still dont know....

Old 01-31-2007, 01:18 AM
i have my rear GT-7s still on order and also waiting to get some swift springs and HKS exhaust... still thinking if i want to get a data systems lip and maybe grill still dont know....
The data sytem carbon lip? or a regular lip? i though about the carbon lip, looks really clean on any color car almost. and a grill is a def! i hate the stock grill but some people like it i guess

Old 01-31-2007, 01:44 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Maybe I should enter the next event, I have a few mods to place with.

Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 AM
Why is Jean Claude Van Damme busting a move in his spandex in the first post?

Old 01-31-2007, 03:22 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pm sent

Old 01-31-2007, 11:45 AM
how about next year lets show them how G35s roll... cause the s2k guys took a half a row for their cars. we should make a strong presence next year !!!!! cause i know there are tons of g35s

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: San Francisco Japantown - J's Gathering 1/28/07