Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

to: 2visions!?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:49 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D_unit
i think the one jeff was referring too was the R-tuned nismo exhaust maybe?!? i know that g35turbo has 2 of them, 1 s-tuned and r-tuned but i dont know what the difference is....

can you solve this jeff?
I think we refer to Nismo in two different ways. We deal with Nismo Japan parts not Nismo USA. They are two different lines of product and quality. If your exhaust was around $1K then more than likely it is just the S-tuned exhaust which is available from dealerships as well. Regarding the Weldina badging, I'm not sure if that is standard or not, I've never looked closely enough at an S-tuned exhaust. Hopefully it is not a knock-off of sorts. The Nismo Japan Weldina exhaust is higher quality material, does include the center pipe and y-pipe, I think larger diameter all around, and has better performance results according to Nismo Japan. I have heard of it called their race version or R-tuned. Hopefully this info was helpful. Thanks.
Jeff

Old 01-24-2007, 01:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IrishSkyline
I think we refer to Nismo in two different ways. We deal with Nismo Japan parts not Nismo USA. They are two different lines of product and quality. If your exhaust was around $1K then more than likely it is just the S-tuned exhaust which is available from dealerships as well. Regarding the Weldina badging, I'm not sure if that is standard or not, I've never looked closely enough at an S-tuned exhaust. Hopefully it is not a knock-off of sorts. The Nismo Japan Weldina exhaust is higher quality material, does include the center pipe and y-pipe, I think larger diameter all around, and has better performance results according to Nismo Japan. I have heard of it called their race version or R-tuned. Hopefully this info was helpful. Thanks.
Jeff
Thanks, my Nismo exhaust also includes the y-pipe, center, 8 inch extender to fit the G vs. the 350Z. It is 3"polished stainless steel.

Old 01-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by urban
Green Valley is like 10 mins from me, just give us a heads up and we can gather a small meet, that is if Green Valley doesn't start kicking us out because of being a bad influence to their neighbourhood
haha green valley is were all the rich people live hah *ahem paul* lol hopefully they wont kick us out
Haha...us Green Valley ppl with G's are enough of a bad influence in our own neighborhood. We don't need anymore...stay out!!! j/k
Yeah a mini meet would be cool. Maybe on a Sunday, early eve or something.
Here is the link to the English website: http://www.mines-wave.com/

The cost of the Mines exhaust is around $2500. Here is a good picture.
Attachment 61772

I think there are also a few other Mines products listed in our online store in the Z33 application. Thanks.
Jeff
Love those Ti tips, but don't love the price. Shipping kills it, but that's what you gotta pay for authentic JDM quality :sigh:
I think we refer to Nismo in two different ways. We deal with Nismo Japan parts not Nismo USA. They are two different lines of product and quality.
Agree...Nismo Japan also has a performance upgrade for the VQ's internals. Two stages, spec1-S and spec2-S with spec2-S having reworked heads and both with tuned chips. Compression on both pumped up to around 11.3:1 I think. Both packages result in mad hp/tq from a NA kit, right up there with FI with moderate boost. Only draw back is the high compression which would require probably a minimum of 95+ octane. Think cost is up there too with FI kits. Wish California didn't stick us with 91 oct. I'd love to have that hp/tq gain and stay NA.

So what other JDM engine performance alternatives do we have here and staying NA?
What did you think of that JDM chip you were running on your 04 Kenstyle Skyline? Was it a piggy-back or complete seperate ECU? Good gains? I don't care about mpg
Thanks.

Last edited by V35 Skyline GT; 01-24-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2007, 12:04 PM
that would be awesome! , have a local mini meet sometime soon! you set it and i'll be there [:

Old 01-25-2007, 12:17 PM
6MT Coupe
That would be cool....
Know Jeff sometimes hangs at Starbucks on Sundays early eves.
All he needs to do is give us a holla and I'll be there...

Old 01-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by 06CPV35
That would be cool....
Know Jeff sometimes hangs at Starbucks on Sundays early eves.
All he needs to do is give us a holla and I'll be there...
Yeah I am always game for company. I usually frequent Starbucks by Costco in Green Valley on Sundays around 5 pm. 'Like to see a little sun before it sets and not be so cold. If anyone is down roll by this Sunday, or we can make an earlier time.

Regarding NA performance. John, your first idea with the NA upgrade is one of the best suggestions. Not uncommon to get a higher fuel source. There is a Z33 at the track that has the Nismo upgrades, still street legal... I imagine he fills up right there at Infineon, or uses an additive to help with the higher compression. The HKS internals are really nice too. This is where I was heading. The Mines CPU system was fun. It really allowed for some aggressive mapping, minus the MPG decreasing a bit. Like I always say, you can make a cardboard box fast, just depends on how much money you have to fill up the box. Or something like that!

Old 01-25-2007, 05:16 PM
6MT Coupe
That's a go for this Sunday 5 pm at Starbucks for me. See ya there.
I'm always good for a java boost about that time anyways.

Umm...I have wet dreams about that Nismo upgrade :regaining composer:-:wiping drool off keyboard:
Yeah, heard that too about still being street legal, etc with that kit.
Doesn't Nissan...err Infiniti here... honor engine warranty with that kit, being it's Nismo? Think I heard/read that somewhere over on that OTHER G forum.

In the meantime and back to my financial reality for now, what would that Mines CPU cost me from you? And no doubt assuming also Opak would/can do the install and tune.
Or what about Carlos at that tune shop near where you were with his DynoJet? Or did Concord get their sleazy way with him too and shut his Dyno down

My suspension is done thanks to you, short shifter in by me and now I'm ready for a little more **** and vinegar out of my rev-up VQ.
Talk to me my JDM Guru.....

Old 01-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Damn I would have been there on Sunday but D Unit has me going to a car show on Sunday at friggen 7AM in the morning got to hold his hand I think

Old 01-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Received 77 Likes on 38 Posts
2 Visions Performance: Can you guys install / order the JDM version of the automatic window tilt down when parking (putting car in reverse) ? I know there's an aftermarket module available, but I want everything OEM

Old 01-25-2007, 07:30 PM
6MT Coupe
Damn I would have been there on Sunday but D Unit has me going to a car show on Sunday at friggen 7AM in the morning got to hold his hand I think
Haha...or keep him out of trouble...
What car show?!?! Been up to my eye ***** in work. Not up to speed on what's going on around here.
Originally Posted by bythabay
2 Visions Performance: Can you guys install / order the JDM version of the automatic window tilt down when parking (putting car in reverse) ? I know there's an aftermarket module available, but I want everything OEM
Didn't know they had oem tilt down for the V35's. Knew about the oem folding mirrors option. That would be nice to have both.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:23 AM
haha never said you had to hold my hand lol thats your idea you weirdo hahahah

Old 01-26-2007, 12:29 AM
yaaaa 06cpv35, theres a show in san fran this coming sunday on the 28th, in japan town [: jdm theory, im going that early cause i entered my car in.....i aint going to win but i just wanna have fun , come by if you can

Old 01-26-2007, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yaaaa 06cpv35, theres a show in san fran this coming sunday on the 28th, in japan town [: jdm theory, im going that early cause i entered my car in.....i aint going to win but i just wanna have fun , come by if you can
Will be going to the JDM meet as well. Not entering the G this year, just going to hang out-see you there. Looks like 350+ cars at this one.

Old 01-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
haha never said you had to hold my hand lol thats your idea you weirdo hahahah
Now come on David, everyone knows you have a sweet spot for me haha J/K

Old 01-26-2007, 01:10 AM
Now come on David, everyone knows you have a sweet spot for me haha J/K
haha i have a sweet spot for that new exhaust coming to my work complements from you of course

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: to: 2visions!?