Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Future Runs/Meets

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shane, you have a PM from me. On the times I make it down from Sac to join you guys I would be willing to help out wherever you need me. Even if that means leading a sub-group down the wrong path.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:33 PM
I love the idea of using 2-way radios and wish I would have remembered to bring mine on this last run, but we should also remember that the police have access to those channels since they're public channels. All I'm saying that we should be careful what we say on them also.

The sooner we can vote/set a date for the next one the better for me. I work weekends and have to plan ahead if I want the day off. I hope i can make the next one.

I'm okay with Photoshop if there's any need for graphics (fliers that can be sent out in emails?) or anything like that. Let me know.

Thanks for all the hard work, guys.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
You got PM Shane.

I was one of the ones that got asked to be a subgroup leader on the spot at the last run. I don't mind doing it again for future meets, I just don't want to get lost in the process or get anyone else lost either

I'll post up in the other thread.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:53 PM
Shane you have PM, this sounds like a great idea to keep things off the normal communication channels. If you need a group leader I can handle that as well

Old 03-06-2007, 02:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kris79
this sounds very good cant wiat for the next run! shane tell your prius buddys to stop having meets when we do!
News flash!!!...Prius gonna have a meet this Sat, at Shorline park in Mountain View, so stay way from there...

Old 03-06-2007, 04:44 AM
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Sedan
Originally Posted by andy2434
Hey Folks,

Either Shane or myself will posting up loose info on a Santa Cruz III run, soon. The route will take a small material change, for obvious reasons.

In the meantime, I would be quite remiss, if I did not make the following comments.

All of the previous runs/meets were put together for everyones' enjoyment and pleasure. Although the scale of these events were quite small when compared to some of the other events, which are organized through our sister boards . . . Much time, effort and expense is used to assure that everything works out well and that a good time is had by all. Props to those of you, whom have always volunteered to head up caravans to certain staging areas. you know who you are.

I have made these comments before, prior to runs, but . . .For all future events, please keep the following in mind during the formal run, while you are part of the group:

1. We share the road with other drivers. So, please be courteous and abide by the rules of the road. Use your head and not the metal on the pedal.

2. These are not scramble runs. Please maintain your position in the group. This is for the safety of others outside of the group, as well as for the safety of those participating in the group run.

3. Have a good experience on the roads with your fellow group drivers and maintance a safe distance between you and the car ahead of you . . . Especially on the twisties. Enjoy the ride.

4. Most importantly . . . DO NOT attract attention from the local Law Enforcement agencies, as we usually drive through many of them to reach our destination. Personally, I do not give a Flying Rat's A$$ what you may or may not have installed on your rides. You cannot out run the local law enforcements' radios. To "Show Off" the goods on your ride during these runs is not a prudent idea and demonstrates a lack of respect for others in the group as well as a serious lack of other things.

I have never had any issues with any of the previous Santa Cruz nor the Monterey runs. We attempt to keep it safe. As an example, during the Monterey run at a quick roadside stop to allow the pack to catch up . . . A fellow member had asked me why I had not picked up the pace. My response was, "I am responsible for every car behind me reaching our destination safely." Unless otherwise stated and it never will be. These events are not a race. These runs usually have had a good number of cars participating. We leave as a group, we drive as a group, and we all arrive as a group. Prior to reaching a formal staging area and after the formal run/meet, drivers may perform whatever stunts they desire outside of the group. Which leads me to one last final comment. During Shane's Stanford run, I read that either an individual or individuals while passing local law enforcement, which were parked on the side of the road attending to an accident of sorts, had purportedly revved their engines. This may have been the sole cause for the wrath of the law to have come down upon the unfortunate members whom had received their tickets.

We attract enough attention as is . . . We do not need to elevate the situation. If everyone wishes to participate in a large successful group run, I think that the above guidelines are not too much to ask.

Oh, btw . . . I think that Eloy's (Cru) suggestion some 2 years ago during the first SC run and Shane's attempt at implementing subgroup leaders in the pack for the Stanford run was an excellent idea for obvious reasons. We just simply need some people to jump in and offer their assistance.

Any suggestions and/or comments are more than welcome and would be quite appreciated.
Great post Andy and right on target. I volunteered in the other thread. I just hope I don't "blatantly harass" anyone.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by limeg35
News flash!!!...Prius gonna have a meet this Sat, at Shorline park in Mountain View, so stay way from there...

hahhaa imma go there in my g!

Old 03-06-2007, 03:28 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by absolutg
i'm up for helping and organizing. but i'm going to take a pass on leading any subgroups.
I'd rather not lead but I can help too.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:50 PM
LOL! Tell em Andy!

I missed the last run. =( Been tryin to sell my G and move into my new place already.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Grace
I'd rather not lead but I can help too.
Hehehe . . . Thanks, I am sure that Shane and I can find something for you and Giri to do.

Hey, Shane! . . . You have something for Gillian and Giri to do?

Hehehe . . . I apologize in advance, if this brings the comedians out of the woodwork.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:22 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey Eloy and Chris,

Yeah, I think that many here on these boards have had the same thoughts, as I, with regards to maintaning our composure while cruising in a large pack. I was simply the dummy stupid enough to post it in an open forum.

Seriously though, many people across the many forums have put much time and effort into arranging runs and meets. We have all enjoyed and benefitted from the said at one time or another . . . Myself included. It would be a terrible shame if the local LE agencies started to crack down on these large group runs and meets . . . That's all.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Hehehe . . . Thanks, I am sure that Shane and I can find something for you and Giri to do.

Hehehe . . . I apologize in advance, if this brings the comedians out of the woodwork.
Ummm...Andy you should know better than refer those question to me, Cru is the one who enjoys doing it blatantly and not mention roughly.

Seriuosly tho Gillian, Giri and few others whom had offering their help does far, thanks for the offering, if you dont like to lead? no problem at all, just show up at future meets, that will be a huge help for the meets in itself.

Old 03-07-2007, 12:12 AM
Good comments everyone, we are on the right track. Sending EMail to Shane.
Can't wait for Spring.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:26 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts

LOL! I walked right into that one, didn't I?
I'm sure there's some blonde roots somewhere in my history.
Through me some pompoms, I'll direct traffic.
I refuse to wear the rest of the costume.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally Posted by Grace
LOL! I walked right into that one, didn't I?
I'm sure there's some blonde roots somewhere in my history.
Through me some pompoms, I'll direct traffic.
I refuse to wear the rest of the costume.
Should I let that one go? ...now you are jumped in with both feet

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Future Runs/Meets