Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Props to Mach III in San Francisco

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Props to Mach III in San Francisco

Props to the retail and installation team at Mach III. For any of you local folk that are in need of local services, these folks are worth the time to look up. They installed my Tein Basic set-up and I couldn't be happier with the quality of customer service and workmanship. My car was on the rack for quite sometime until I was satisfied with the overall height adjustment. Between adjustments and road testing, I chewed up a bunch of their time.

I will be going back for window tint, next week, and possibly an Ipod intergration.

Old 04-07-2007, 11:14 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
+1 been going to them for like 7 years now. hope you have fun with the basics

Old 04-07-2007, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator
Thanks, Kris . . . And yes, I will.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how low are you dropped? i'm getting basics in a month but don't want to be too low...

Old 04-07-2007, 12:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats Andy and hmmmm, I thought you weren't gonna be doing anything else. What an addict! I can't wait for the next run.

Old 04-07-2007, 12:46 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had heard they were pretty expensive... how did their rates compare andy?

Old 04-07-2007, 12:55 PM
^^^actually they are pretty inexpensive for coilovers...

Old 04-07-2007, 01:05 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by superdds
how low are you dropped? i'm getting basics in a month but don't want to be too low...
Leon,

The overall drop is 1" from the original height and there is plenty of adjustment left. I love this set-up. I frequent the 35/9 twisties quite often . . . And as such, my previous set-up used to get a bit floaty at limit. Don't get me wrong, the 350Z H-Techs are a great set-up. They simply fell a tad short to suit my style of driving.

You'll love this set-up.

Originally Posted by machavez702
congrats Andy and hmmmm, I thought you weren't gonna be doing anything else. What an addict! I can't wait for the next run.
LOL . . . Mike . . . I know, I know. Shoot, everytime I hook up with you guys, it get more and more expensive to drive my car. With Paul, Tu, etc. having gone FI and possibly you . . . I am still on the fence. However, I will exercise extreme self control. I really want the Stillen supercharger set-up for everyday driveability. However, that hood has not grown on me, yet.

Originally Posted by absolutg
i had heard they were pretty expensive... how did their rates compare andy?
Giri,

Let's put in this way . . . They had the best package price installed beat by far. I could not have done better, if I had packaged the set-up and install, myself.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
post the price up. when i used to call em for quotes, they charged alot or at least the same price as everyone else. never a better deal.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:41 PM
andy...i'm also going from z htecs to basics...that's exactly what i want too, an inch drop all around. i already have my spc rears/toe bolts here too. thanks again.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator
Go down there and speak with Dave. Regardless of where I go, I always go there and speak with the folks in person and checkout the operations. These folks and the like get a million shop around phone calls and e-mail request for price quotes a day. Go down there and let them know that you are serious.

I will not post any pricing because they are not a vendor nor sponsor here on these 'Driver boards. I simply wanted to pass on a good find.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by superdds
andy...i'm also going from z htecs to basics...that's exactly what i want too, an inch drop all around. i already have my spc rears/toe bolts here too. thanks again.
Hook it up! You will not regret it.

Old 04-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Andy with the drop how does this affect alignment, I did not want to drop the car so much that the tire wear becomes an issue. I just got new front tires due to feathering and don't want to be in the same boat again.

Thanks for blaming me and Tu for your spending habits....wish I could have the same way out when my wife asks me what I am spending money on now

Old 04-07-2007, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by urban
Andy with the drop how does this affect alignment, I did not want to drop the car so much that the tire wear becomes an issue. I just got new front tires due to feathering and don't want to be in the same boat again.

Thanks for blaming me and Tu for your spending habits....wish I could have the same way out when my wife asks me what I am spending money on now
Paul . . . LOL . . . I have to blame someone.

Erase you concerns with regard to tire wear when lowering your car. Since you are in a "Money Is Of A No Concern Situation," . . . LMAO . . . But, seriously . . . Currently, I only have the SPC rear camber/toe bolt set up. I have had my KDW2's on for some 10k miles, so far, and there is no evidence of any uneven or premature wear. Since I do not track my car, I have my car aligned to dead center specs. With the new Tein Basic set-up my rears are at -1.4 camber/0.11 toe. This was the same with the Z H-Techs installed previously. The fronts with the Tein Basic set-up are at -1.8 camber/.04 toe. This is the same as with the Z H-Techs. Now, mind you, I have no camber set-up at the front, yet. However, the toe setting is dead center spec. The front camber is outside of spec . . . However, my tire wear is nearly perfect up front, thus far. This is coming from a guy, whom used to go through tires every 8 to 10k miles. . . . And you have to imagine, the wife was not too keen with that.

Old 04-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts
Thanks Andy, I will have to look into this myself one day, maybe after my next trip back from GT Motosports (got a few addtitonal items which need to go on).

I am more concerened with the fronts as the rears never seem to wear uneven but the fronts do.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Props to Mach III in San Francisco