Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2007, 03:44 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Disco_Monkey
You think so? I don't really like Infiniti interior but I LOVE their exterior designs! They look like spaceships!

yeah chris 07 sedan > m3 the m3 interior is boring but m3 > g35 but 08 coupe >
07 sedan (just cause its a coupe lol)

Old 07-29-2007, 11:55 AM
Modded Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For me, the E46 M3 interior is better than any interior in any car (especially better than the e90/e92 BMW interiors). The navi/HVAC controls and the whole center console are tilted towards the driver. The seats are way more comfortabe and supportive, and the quality of materials are levels above the plastic used by Infiniti. It's so well put together that you'd be very hard pressed to find even one rattle, where my '05 G was a rattle box.

That said, the '07 interiors are steps above those in the previous generation of G35's, but still have plenty of room for improvement.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:12 PM
battle froggy
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
For me, the E46 M3 interior is better than any interior in any car (especially better than the e90/e92 BMW interiors). The navi/HVAC controls and the whole center console are tilted towards the driver. The seats are way more comfortabe and supportive, and the quality of materials are levels above the plastic used by Infiniti. It's so well put together that you'd be very hard pressed to find even one rattle, where my '05 G was a rattle box.

That said, the '07 interiors are steps above those in the previous generation of G35's, but still have plenty of room for improvement.
if we are talking bout materials used yeah bmw hands down wins in all, but in design i still like 07 more than teh m3. but its two totally different cars. m3 is a drivers car

Old 07-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Originally Posted by kris79
if we are talking bout materials used yeah bmw hands down wins in all, but in design i still like 07 more than teh m3. but its two totally different cars. m3 is a drivers car
BEST interior hands down... > http://www.maybach-manufaktur.com

Old 07-29-2007, 02:25 PM
battle froggy
it better for a house on wheels. **** dont they got like a champagne cooler in there too

Old 07-30-2007, 04:06 PM
it better for a house on wheels. **** dont they got like a champagne cooler in there too
Yeah but the exterior looks like a giant expensive Hyundai.

Old 08-01-2007, 01:55 PM
Slammed!

JIC Magic Cross Competition Coilovers installed! More teaser pics.

Attached Thumbnails Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!-drop1.jpg   Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!-drop2.jpg   Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!-drop3.jpg  
Old 08-01-2007, 02:04 PM
Modded Member
JIC Magic Cross Competition Coilovers installed! More teaser pics.
How did you already get your brand new painted walls dirty?

The drop looks BADAZZ!!!!

Old 08-01-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
How did you already get your brand new painted walls dirty?

The drop looks BADAZZ!!!!
I'm gonna bring the front down a tad more. Maybe 1-2 more turns. I wanna see how much clearance I have with the new bumper.

Old 08-03-2007, 04:02 AM
More progress...

So my bumper, diffuser and trunklid are at INTERNATIONAL AUTOBODY getting prep'd and painted so I decided to get the car ready for when the parts are done. Here is a pic of the "Kevlar Bar" I removed after doing countless ours of research over on the M3forum. I had to switch over to this aluminum bar, change the windshield washer fluid container, drill new holes to mount the horn, etc...

Attached Thumbnails Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!-kevlarbar.jpg   Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!-alucarrierdriverside.jpg   Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!-alucarrierpassengerside.jpg  
Old 08-03-2007, 12:37 PM
battle froggy
hey chris whats the point in changing the bar and the washer fluid container

Old 08-03-2007, 01:56 PM
hey chris whats the point in changing the bar and the washer fluid container
Well 2001 M3's came with an aluminum bar. The newer M3's came with a carbon kevlar bar. Apparently they use different washer fluid containers so I had to change that... no choice. With the aluminum bar, the height of the bumper is adjustable so since I'm **** and since I'm installing an aftermarket bumper, I wanted to be able to adjust it so the gaps are all perfect. You CAN use the kevlar bar and modify this foam piece to install this particular bumper but that is the harder way and doesn't allow for adjustability so it may take more trial and error to actually get the bumper to sit right. This car is such a PITA to mod.

Old 08-03-2007, 10:59 PM
battle froggy
Well 2001 M3's came with an aluminum bar. The newer M3's came with a carbon kevlar bar. Apparently they use different washer fluid containers so I had to change that... no choice. With the aluminum bar, the height of the bumper is adjustable so since I'm **** and since I'm installing an aftermarket bumper, I wanted to be able to adjust it so the gaps are all perfect. You CAN use the kevlar bar and modify this foam piece to install this particular bumper but that is the harder way and doesn't allow for adjustability so it may take more trial and error to actually get the bumper to sit right. This car is such a PITA to mod.
lol i see your still **** bout modding your car its been like what 6-7 years since i known you and you havnt changed a bit hahhah

Old 08-04-2007, 04:37 PM
lol i see your still **** bout modding your car its been like what 6-7 years since i known you and you havnt changed a bit hahhah
I give him so much respect for that.. it's cool as ****.

I wish I could be that '****', I just don't have the $flow..

Old 08-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Thanks.

Woohoo my VCSL parts will be done by Friday.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Teaser pics. First round of mods for my new ride!