Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Looking for quality service work by a certified professional?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kris79
i know andy i just like fighting with the "man" lol
Yeah, I know.

I just visited the Admin/Mod section. Warnings are going out for unpaid advertisements. It is what it is and I do not like being caught in the middle. Before that happens, I will resign my Mod position.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2434
Yeah, I know.

I just visited the Admin/Mod section. Warnings are going out for unpaid advertisements. It is what it is and I do not like being caught in the middle. Before that happens, I will resign my Mod position.
Andy im sorry you are stuck in the middle of this. At the same time you told me a few weeks ago if i got rid of my signature and subtitle to my name i would be cool now it isnt even ok to post a thread on here? Man the only reason i signed up for the premier was to get extra sig lines and stuff like that. I agree with Kris that this site has gotten pretty "Gay" no pun intended. Who am i really hurting? Rob at Z car? I mean come on nothing against rob as he is a great guy but every person i have talked to tells me horrible things about rob and how long his stuff takes. It isnt my fault people are unhappy with him and choose to have me service their rides. Im sure this will be the last post as this thread will be deleted soon so anyone that wants their car serviced pm me. No hard feelings Andy I respect you and understand you are doing your job. It was nice while it lasted. Thanks again for all your patronage! Take care and remember i will still be around to service your cars you just have to get ahold of me somehow. Later
J

Last edited by jasoncham2003; 10-22-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator
I don't have the energy to explain why unpaid advertisements are being frowned upon. These 'Driver boards has its rules and regs. No one is trying to undermine anyone, here. Geri's Review thread has already caught the attention of some. My reference to Rob at Z Car was an example only. It wasn't for a point of engagement.

Jason would you like to be a sponsor? If so, please contact Jason a.k.a. failsafe. He is the administrator in charge of this sort of thing.

LOL . . . I have enough issues trying to run a small company. I come here to escape the daily headaches, as with the rest of you.

Old 10-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Modded Member
Jason, no need to get upset over this. The site rules say that YOU cannot promote your own business. That doesn't mean that other members cannot promote your work and recommend you to perform the labor.

The rules say nothing about us not patronizing non-sponsor shops. With the exception of ZCG, all site sponsors are in place to sell products. If you were selling parts for profit, I'd recommend you become a sponsor as members prefer to shop through sponsors.

But, the fact is you're a mechanic who caters to a niche in a small regional section. There is absolutely no reason why we can't utilize your services and expertise. The community needs a local professional like you, so I don't envision your side jobs to be cut down. Just fly under the radar and let your customers promote for you.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you, Boris, for offering that obviously simple resolve.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:21 PM
Thank you, Boris, for offering that obviously simple resolve.
Agreed. I am not mad at all. I just dont understand. Like Boris said I DO NOT sell anything other than labor. I havent read anything in the rules that say I cannot do what i do. When i work on anyones car i always make them bring me the parts. If someone can give me a legitimate reason what i am doing is illegal then I will not say another word.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:28 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by jasoncham2003
Agreed. I am not mad at all. I just dont understand. Like Boris said I DO NOT sell anything other than labor. I havent read anything in the rules that say I cannot do what i do. When i work on anyones car i always make them bring me the parts. If someone can give me a legitimate reason what i am doing is illegal then I will not say another word.
I think you misunderstood my point. The site rules say that you can not promote what you are doing for profit- regardless of what you're offering. Because of that, I suggested to lay low and let others promote for you.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
1st amendment baby!

Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I think you misunderstood my point. The site rules say that you can not promote what you are doing for profit- regardless of what you're offering. Because of that, I suggested to lay low and let others promote for you.
Boris, I havent promoted myself since i made this thread all posts have been by members. Thanks for the advice i will do what u say and hang low hopefully it works.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:36 PM
Modded Member
Originally Posted by jasoncham2003
Boris, I havent promoted myself since i made this thread all posts have been by members. Thanks for the advice i will do what u say and hang low hopefully it works.
I'm sure it will work out fine. I'm going to be sponsoring the site starting next month, so shoot me a PM and let me know exactly what services you're capable of performing- I'll be glad to send my customers to you for install.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I'm sure it will work out fine. I'm going to be sponsoring the site starting next month, so shoot me a PM and let me know exactly what services you're capable of performing- I'll be glad to send my customers to you for install.
Will the NorcalG.com site offering a discussion forum/section, where we could post and reply threads like here but without "big brother" watching?

Old 10-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by limeg35
Will the NorcalG.com site offering a discussion forum/section, where we could post and reply threads like here but without "big brother" watching?
Hehehe . . . "Big Brother" is always watching. If not now, definitely later. That's the nature of the beast. Human nature dictates that.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:48 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by j 4 lD
1st amendment baby!

no rights in a privately owned boards....

Old 10-22-2007, 11:50 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
wow i am too lazy to post what happen to 2 of my old honda boards i used to mod and admin in, but its exactly the same.... lol

Old 10-23-2007, 12:12 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hehehe . . . "Big Brother" is always watching. If not now, definitely later. That's the nature of the beast. Human nature dictates that.
This site has gone too big for its own good, its inevitable I guess, but some of us rarely venture out to the big boards and try to keep everything within this lil norcal section, I dont undersstand why "they" just cant leave us alone in our lil corner? like the "local for sale" threads and now this thread.

I would hope NorcalG.com do offer discussion section where we dont have to worried about ppl from outside of this area chime in with their two cents.

This site has hit its peek, and it will slowly lose its membership and becomes an day-care center, cus the sepration of the G35/G37 forum, very soon most of members here are going to be 18 years old kids think he is all that, because he just purchased 4 years old G35 (no offenese to some of them, that are already here ) and this type of control/watching dont help either, only going to drive the core members away.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Looking for quality service work by a certified professional?