Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Anyone with Comcast hookups?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dofu
I guess Comcast is great if you really think you're getting what you're paying for... our fiber services start at $59 a month and I guarantee you that once you try our system, you will not want to use any other system because it's that good. The only downside is that the fiber isn't quite everywhere yet...
Comcast quality blows. I used to work as a home theater designer and I'm a picky bastard when it comes to video & audio quality. Truthfully, I would EDIT:rather have sattelite over cable but I'm in an apartment complex and the wiring to get it here and my bedroom is a bi***.I know a bit about the fiber systems come down the road, and as soon as its available....I'm there. I need the fiber now more tham ever after Skeleton Cru started posting.

EDIT: For Phone voip. I need a new provider!

BTW. if any of you need advise or help with a/v stuff, feel free to pm me
In short, if you choices on what to get, heres a quick list, quality first.
TV
1. U-verse
2. Sattelite
3. Comcast
4. Rabbit ears

Last edited by gizsf; 07-20-2007 at 02:07 AM.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:56 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
I live in Antioch.
D'oh! I don't think U-Verse is in Antioch yet... if it is, we only turned on the system on a few streets. I can always check tomorrow when I'm in the office though. If U-Verse isn't available to you, I can always hook up Dish for you.

BTW, we do not have to do contracts. Unless a customer specifically wants a contract, everything I hook up is month to month.

Better yet, I'll post up tomorrow when I get home from work with a list of cities that the fiber services is available in, and for those interested, we can take it from there. There is a website where you can check if U-Verse is available to your specific address, but it's always down because it's being updated. But if you want the link, it's http://www.uverse.att.com

Originally Posted by gizsf
Comcast quality blows. I used to work as a home theater designer and I'm a picky bastard when it comes to video & audio quality. Truthfully, I would rather have sattelite over cable but I'm in an apartment complex and the wiring to get it here and my bedroom is a bi***.I know a bit about the fiber systems come down the road, and as soon as its available....I'm there. I need the fiber now more tham ever after Skeleton Cru started posting.

For Phone voip. I am using Sunrocket, works great and the price can't be beat. http://www.sunrocket.com/ If you sign up, they have a refferal program, I need 1 more to replace my phone. I transferred my old landline # and I've had this for over a year and so does my GF's brother, we all love it. You get 2 phones, 1 year nationwide service, 2 phone number (it can be us area code, so if you have family in NY, you can get a local number there for the 2nd one) and a bunch of calling features.

BTW. if any of you need advise or help with a/v stuff, feel free to pm me
In short, if you choices on what to get, heres a quick list, quality first.
TV
1. U-verse
2. Sattelite
3. Comcast
4. Rabbit ears
Thanks for the compliment... both of our tv services are on the top of your list! (U-Verse and Dish Network)

But if you really want our services, I can hook you up with a free install. That means our techs will go out there to hook everything up for you free, even if it takes them 3 days (just a far off example, it never takes that long). Just that if you want Dish, you'd have to get approval from the manager of the building before we can start working on installing anything.

But we are starting to activate the fiber in the city btw... AND they are currently testing VOIP services to go with our U-Verse tv and internet services as we speak. I just can't say when it's going to be released to the public yet, because I really don't know.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BOOOOOO, U-Verse isn't even in my area yet

Old 07-19-2007, 04:20 AM
I remember seeing Antioch somewhere in our lists, but I guess it's not activated yet. Basically, our availability in the Bay Area ranges from San Jose (Cupertino and Saratoga included) to Foster City, SF, Oakland and most major cities in between. And further East, we have San Ramon, Danville and areas around Danville.

Last edited by dofu; 07-21-2007 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coupe
Originally Posted by sfgr415
We just got off our promo with Comcast not that long ago
so I have to wait until I can get back on.
i was told you have to wait 60 days before you can get another promotion from them. I have T-29 days to go

Old 07-21-2007, 03:56 AM
Ohhh crap! Uverse HD DVR can record 4 shows at once.
...........and on top of that, you can stream and controll your dvr via a att cell phone, similar to slingbox. I can't wait any longer!!

Last edited by gizsf; 07-21-2007 at 03:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:45 AM
Ohhh crap! Uverse HD DVR can record 4 shows at once.
...........and on top of that, you can stream and controll your dvr via a att cell phone, similar to slingbox. I can't wait any longer!!
125 hours of regular programing on 4 channels at once, or 30 hours of one HD channel. On top of that, it's all IPTV, meaning it's fully digital. And because it's IPTV, the Video on Demand feature feeds off of servers, so unlike other systems, the Video on Demand library just grows. If you saw a show last month, it'll still be there next year. Also, with this system, the channels aren't as compressed, meaning the picture quality is much better than any other system out there (don't worry, your channels will still change in about 0.6 of a second, if not faster). And of course, you can control your box from anywhere you have internet access, so if your kids aren't doing their homework like they should, you can turn the system off on them from work.

There are more features that are currently being tested (meaning it's not available to the public yet)... all of the boxes are networked, so soon you'll be able to be watching tv outside in the living room, pause the show, turn off the tv, go into your bedroom and resume watching the show from there. And you'll also be able to watch anything recorded on your DVR from any other set-top box. On top of that, we're working on a new way to watch sports. You'll be able to choose your viewing angle soon, so when something happens, you can pause, rewind, and choose a different camera or camera angle to see if that really was a touchdown, a foul, etc... And the Slingbox-like function hasn't been activated quite yet btw...

As for the programing, we have over 300 channels available, over 30 HD channels for $10 a month (the list is still growing), and yes, we do have all of the FSN channels along with Comcast's Sports Channel (don't ask me how) and ESPN's Game Plan package. As for NFL Sunday Ticket, it's exclusive to Direct TV right now, but that won't be for too much longer. And international channels... they'll be available, but we're working on it still (this system is that new).

And the internet is controlled by 2Wire's 2 tier firewall protected "wireless gateway", that can accommodate up to 11 computers, game systems, or whatever you wanna go online with. And with 3 internal antennas, your signal upstairs will be as good as your signal downstairs, and you can even let your neighbors in on your network if you really want to (it has happened). The wireless gateway is a smart system, meaning that if someone is playing WOW online, and someone else is checking email, it'll give the person needing less bandwidth just enough to get by, and the person demanding more bandwidth the bandwidth they require instead of splitting the bandwidth evenly to the 2 computers. All of this really makes the thing the most advanced technology that you can't even buy in stores yet (if you can, it'll easily cost you over $500). And you'll also get AT&T's 24/7 tech support free with the service.

With most of the packages, we hook up 3 tvs, and the main box is the DVR, and all the boxes are HD ready. And all of the hardware including the DVR, and wireless gateway are free rentals.

Anything else you wanna know about U-Verse? If you wanna know more about the tech side of things, I'm not a tech, but if I don't know, I can ask our techs and engineers for you.

If it is available to you, feel free to ask me about what promotions are available. BTW, if you order online and not through a rep in person, you won't get all of the promotions available. The reps get to give you more than we'll offer online.

Last edited by dofu; 07-21-2007 at 05:34 AM.
Old 07-21-2007, 04:53 AM
Let me know if they need any testers. I'm jobless, and have plenty of time to "test" out all its features.

Old 07-21-2007, 05:15 AM
Let me know if they need any testers. I'm jobless, and have plenty of time to "test" out all its features.
I believe only AT&T employees with seniority get to be the beta testers...

Damn... I didn't mean to jack this thread...

Last edited by dofu; 07-21-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:08 PM
I don't know why people here aren't giving dofu and AT&T a chance..

I for one am moving into a new place in September, and as soon as I have the details figured out I will definitely, without question try to get a good AT&T/Dish Network thing going, **** comcast... I've dealt with them for the past 3 years, I'm about to kill someone.

So, dofu.. can I contact you in the next 2-3 weeks to get an AT&T deal sorted out?

Is fiber available in Palo Alto/Mountain View/Menlo Park/Redwood City/EPA yet?

Originally Posted by dofu

Damn... I didn't mean to jack this thread...

You didn't jack this thread, you just chose to educate the OP that his choice of thread title was erroneous.

Last edited by rocaveli; 07-27-2007 at 08:11 PM.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rocaveli
I don't know why people here aren't giving dofu and AT&T a chance..

I for one am moving into a new place in September, and as soon as I have the details figured out I will definitely, without question try to get a good AT&T/Dish Network thing going, **** comcast... I've dealt with them for the past 3 years, I'm about to kill someone.

So, dofu.. can I contact you in the next 2-3 weeks to get an AT&T deal sorted out?

You didn't jack this thread, you just chose to educate the OP that his choice of thread title was erroneous.
I would without a doubt give AT&T my business but U-Verse isn't availble in my area

Old 07-28-2007, 07:02 PM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
hey dofu are you able to hook me up for the Elite 6 Mbps internet service? right now I have the express package.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
Spoon!
Yeah -- I have a question... why the hell isn't AT&T trying to up internet bandwidth?

While the rest of the world gets FTTC and speeds up to 100mb/sec we get stuck with 6? No thanks. I'll stick with Comcast (who I hate with a passion).

Old 07-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Originally Posted by accordfreak
hey dofu are you able to hook me up for the Elite 6 Mbps internet service? right now I have the express package.
Contact me anytime... just pm me a contact number and I can call and hook it all up for you. Anyone else too.

Palo Alto has their own fiber services (that not too many people seem to like) in spots across the map, so we're having a hard time working in that area. We are in EPA though. As for everywhere else you listed, no. We currently have fiber in parts of Foster City, parts of Sunnyvale, most of Cupertino, Saratoga, Los Altos Hills, parts of South San Jose and other parts of San Jose too, and they are still working on Campbell. For the areas in between, they are working on it. Splicing fiber is not a quick or easy task.

Originally Posted by theacolyte
Yeah -- I have a question... why the hell isn't AT&T trying to up internet bandwidth?

While the rest of the world gets FTTC and speeds up to 100mb/sec we get stuck with 6? No thanks. I'll stick with Comcast (who I hate with a passion).
I feel you on that... I would be very happy with just 12M. But AT&T never felt the need to offer more speed that the customers can't use, as you see we've been offering alternatives for people who don't need the crazy speeds. I do wish that we can accommodate the people who do want more speed as well. IMO, there is a point where speed becomes pointless... most computers won't even be able to use 25M. B ut I guess our techs overlooked the fact that some houses have more than 1 computer that need 6M...

I just know that we aren't pushing the capabilities of this system until they've finished testing all the other features that aren't activated yet. Since this service is new, they've decided to cap the capabilities of this service and open things up slowly as things progress, so we can offer a better quality service without all sorts of glitches. I don't know if more internet bandwidth is in the plans for the future, nor do I know which features are going to be turned on or when. I just know that there is more to this service coming...

Last edited by dofu; 07-28-2007 at 10:57 PM.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:01 PM
Spoon!
I bet there are plans to increase internet speeds. I have a Comcast business account w/ static IP's.

I'd gladly do the same with AT&T U-Verse, if it offered statics, and good speeds.

I'm talking FiOS speeds like 25/2, etc.

I do a lot of bandwidth intensive stuff (not bittorrent).

I'm going to stay tuned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone with Comcast hookups?