Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Fatal 350z Accident in San Jose

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 05:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^^85mph through a blind corner in a 25mph residential area?!?!? are u fkin kidding me?

Old 07-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Originally Posted by G-girl

My prayers and thoughts with the families.
Ditto...
Theres a time and a place for that stuff and its never on public roads...
So sad.
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
can't the pedestrians' family press charges against the driver's family?
b/c those kids were adults, not sure. For sure if they were under 18; parents would've been legally responsible if they were juveniles.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mike_Deezy
i haven't been to San Jose in a while but doesn't San Jose cracking down on street racing HARD? And can't the pedestrians' family press charges against the driver's family?

It looks like the driver was 18, so there are no criminal charges to be pressed against the family, however the family of the pedestrians as well as the passenger will no doubt file in civil court. If the driver was under his parents insurance coverage then there is a chance to recover some money, either from auto insurance or the drivers life insurance, and potentially a personal umbrella policy the family might have. However with three adverse parties no one will really collect much. If the driver was on his own it might be very difficult to recover any money because the driver probably has no assets to speak of, no life insurance, and likely wasn't carrying insurance limits above the state minimums.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So sad . . . Four people have lost their lives. Regardless of age and incident . . . May this be a reminder to all of us whom have the itch . . . It can happen to anyone, at anytime.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:32 PM
Pathetic. I do not feel sorry for the kids or their families.

RIP to the innocent bystanders though... truly sad.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by isXnext
Pathetic. I do not feel sorry for the kids or their families.
Really? Bitter or sweet . . . Life is short. I trust that you will gain a bit of compassion, as you seek consideration from others, at some distant point.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:45 PM
very sad.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Premier Member

These are the reasons why we biotch about the parents that give their young kids sport cars at such a young age...Hmm, try to defend these morons now. They not only took their stupid lives but instead of going peacefully took 2 more for the road...When are they fcking going to learn? Driving comes with experience and that's a fact. Yes, maybe 2% of the young kids with fast cars are responsible. What about the rest? There should be a age limit for cars...Give them a damn scooter so they can only hurt themselves instead of others...Fck...I'm so pissed...Sorry...

Old 07-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll go ahead and address this now. Please don't ask me what happened. I know way too many details of this collision. I'm am not allowed to discuss details of it. I have seen the pictures. They are property of the CHP so I'm not even allowed to show pictures of just the car. The pictures of the parties involved...don't even ask. My coworkers tell me it's one of the worst fatal scenes they have ever seen. I know a lot of people want to pass judgement on the young man driving the car, but until the investigation is complete, let's just call it a tragic event with dire consequences. There is always a full mechanical inspection of the vehicle after a fatal collision to determine driver error or mechanical failure.

Let's not let this be the incident that reminds people to slow down. Check your ego at the door. Everytime someone posts a thread about how they got a speeding ticket should serve as a reminder for all of us to slow down. Me included.

Last edited by g35 chippie; 07-24-2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
It's very sad for everyone involved. If the driver was 18, isn't it possible that he bought the car on his own without his parents help or permission? I know a couple people that are 18 and bought motorcycles without parent help or permission and the parents actually hate it. But being 18 they were able to do what they wanted. Just wondering if it's a fact the parents gave him the fast car or he did it on his own. It's a tragedy no matter what.
Lisa

Old 07-24-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
Good Lord . . . Four people have taken their last breaths on this earth . . . And yet, this fuels so much hatred and anger in some.

Instead of pointing the finger . . . Why can't we just all learn from this terrible incident and count our own blessings.

I have seen many of our own local ADULT members, here on these very boards, exercise poor judgment while behind the wheel of a car. I do not claim to be an angel, myself . . . But, pleeeeezzz . . . Show some respect for the dead and their mourning families.

Old 07-24-2007, 10:57 PM
That is terrible. The poor pedestrians...talk about wrong place, wrong time. My prayers are with them.

Old 07-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by andy2434
Show some respect for the dead and their mourning families.
I'm wondering if you would be saying this if it were your family that was mowed over by these morons during their after-dinner walk.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Super Moderator
Originally Posted by isXnext
I'm wondering if you would be saying this if it were your family that was mowed over by these morons during their after-dinner walk.
Yes, I could . . .

In 1976, at the young age of 59, my grandfather unexpectedly passed away post surgery, due a major error of a highly skilled and respected physician. The staff should have caught the the fatal error.

I was 17, at the time. My family did not hold the hospital nor the people involved responsible for this terrible family tragedy.

I was overwhelmed with grief. I am the oldest of 5 children. And as such, being the oldest grandchild, it was my grandfather's dream that I attend Cal, some day. I received my acceptance letter to Cal after my grandfather had passed.

As I took my very first steps onto Sproul Plaza . . . All I could think about was my grandfather. Til this very day, I constantly think of him and speak of him. At times, I felt cheated by a doctor's neglectful judgment. However, I never held any ill feelings.

Yes, I forgave and continue to do as such to this very day . . . because if I didn't, I would have ended up being a very bitter person.

Obviously, there is much more to this, but . . . Yes, I can honestly say that the answer is a resounding . . . Yes.

Edit: Btw . . . Welcome to the 'Driver boards.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:16 AM
^ Amen, brother.

Thanks for the kind welcome and the thoughtful post.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fatal 350z Accident in San Jose