Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

South Bay Mini Meets

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Received 174 Likes on 114 Posts
Free show this Saturday. Come by to support Nissan/Infiniti cars:

https://www.facebook.com/events/473882222637683/

Old 08-24-2012, 07:38 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by TougeMonsterG35
Come on Lu!!!!!!
bro come out to dublin gonna be sick!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/473882222637683/

Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anything goin on tonite or sat?

Old 09-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Happy hour

Happy hour and G's, Sometime this week/weekend. Anyone Interested?

Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Aptos936
It's a real shame that since "Big Rob" stopped setting up these local meets that it all went to hell in a hand basket. He did an awesome job and it seemed that everyone left it up to him to set a date, time, and place to meet not to mention keep a sign up sheet too.
I don't know how much effort it takes to set these meets up but it's sad that no one is willing to be the boss and say, "Hey we're meeting here!"
SBMM always had a good turnout and we learned a lot from each other and made some good friends too.
Sad to see that it no longer exists.
I really enjoyed our meetings, you probably did too.
Thoughts?
Hey Alan! Thanks for the kind words! Hope all is well with you & the G.

I would love to bring back the SBMM's, but in order to do so, I need participation of the G community. Towards the end, I had too many people complaining about the place I chose to have the meet at (because apparently people attend car meets based on the quality of the food of the fast food restaurant), or certain people complained that the meet was too far from them, or my favorite, the people who don't sign up to come out until they see "enough" people sign up. Only problem is, the majority is doing the same thing so nobody signs up! But I digress!

I need to get a wheel repaired, but as soon as I do and my G is back on the road, I'll try to set up a meet because it would be great to see some of the old, familiar faces. It has been way too long.

The following users liked this post:
Ray Ray (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Received 272 Likes on 222 Posts
Mogo's
Milpitas
old Mervyns

Thats all I have to say about that

The following users liked this post:
Ray Ray (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 02:28 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Rob

I would love to bring back the SBMM's, but in order to do so, I need participation of the G community. Towards the end, I had too many people complaining about the place I chose to have the meet at (because apparently people attend car meets based on the quality of the food of the fast food restaurant), or certain people complained that the meet was too far from them, or my favorite, the people who don't sign up to come out until they see "enough" people sign up. Only problem is, the majority is doing the same thing so nobody signs up! But I digress!

I need to get a wheel repaired, but as soon as I do and my G is back on the road, I'll try to set up a meet because it would be great to see some of the old, familiar faces. It has been way too long.
Depending on when it is, I'll try to come down but it "might be too far for me to attend"

Tell Claudia I said hello and I hope everything is coming along well

Old 09-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by Aptos936
It's a real shame that since "Big Rob" stopped setting up these local meets that it all went to hell in a hand basket. He did an awesome job and it seemed that everyone left it up to him to set a date, time, and place to meet not to mention keep a sign up sheet too.
I don't know how much effort it takes to set these meets up but it's sad that no one is willing to be the boss and say, "Hey we're meeting here!"
SBMM always had a good turnout and we learned a lot from each other and made some good friends too.
Sad to see that it no longer exists.
I really enjoyed our meetings, you probably did too.
Thoughts?
I totally agree with you on this one. Big Rob's meets were chill, well organized, and the best part is that if you went to the meet alone, Rob would also greet you and ensure that your having a good time. I've been to several other meets in the past and quite honestly, they don't even compare to the meets that Rob has thrown. Aptos936, were you the one with the supercharged G?

Originally Posted by Big Rob

And look who'se back!! After hearing your side of the story; it does seem pretty hard throwing a meet. Regardless, those who will come out will come out and in the end it's never a dull moment at your meets. So get that wheel fixed and whenever you have time, setup the date, time and place to host that mini meet. You know your team will be there to support you!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ray Ray
I totally agree with you on this one. Big Rob's meets were chill, well organized, and the best part is that if you went to the meet alone, Rob would also greet you and ensure that your having a good time. I've been to several other meets in the past and quite honestly, they don't even compare to the meets that Rob has thrown. Aptos936, were you the one with the supercharged G?

And look who'se back!! After hearing your side of the story; it does seem pretty hard throwing a meet. Regardless, those who will come out will come out and in the end it's never a dull moment at your meets. So get that wheel fixed and whenever you have time, setup the date, time and place to host that mini meet. You know your team will be there to support you!
Rob, it looks like all your hard work has been missed! Good to hear a response from you which let everyone understand how you feel. It makes perfect sense to me.
If you'd like, I'll be happy to work with you to help set these meets up so it isn't just you doing it.
I believe that the G35 community really needs to have a venue where ideas are shared and friends are made.
If this sounds good to you PM me and let's chat.
Long live the G!

Ray-Ray, yep,I'm the silver super charged G, with the gold Volks...

Old 10-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
wow did this thread die???

Old 10-20-2012, 03:41 PM
We should really try and get a meet going on soon.I want to see and meet some other G drivers in our community! I'd be willing to help organize and make this happen. @big rob @aptos963 and @rayray

Old 10-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Im pretty sure big rob won't be setting up meets for a while someone new will need to step up to set up meets.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
SBMM RESURRECTION!!
Since no one is willing to manage this site.
SBMM needs a venue so we can share and talk about what is going on in the G35/Z community.
I will step up and do what I can to make this site an awesome, 'Got to visit' site for all G35, G37, Z"s and any one that want to just hang out with this awesome group of people.
I am Aptos936, AKA Alan...
I drive a 2007, DD, G35 MT coupe pushing 430hp, Vortec stage2 supercharged Robello Racing engine machine that's totally awesome. The rest is totally built from the ground up.
NO ONE touches my car other than the 'Z-Car Garage' perfectionists.

Just so that you all understand, it makes NO difference what you drive or if you've done any mods to you car.
Just come on out and meet others like you that love their cars and want to share what they have learned or want to learn about what these brilliant motors can do.

All are welcome to come on out and make friends with this awesome G35/37/Z group.

So, let's get the Resurrection going, rain or shine.
You have ideas, you have suggestions please let's talk about it.

SBMM wants to develop a responsible group.
So please let's have respect for each other and most importantly for the location that we meeting at.

I will attempt to set up a good schedule of locations so we aren't just a mile from my house... LOL

Our first meet is going to be:
------------------------------------------------------
NOVEMBER 2ND - FRIDAY
6:30PM > till you all go home
In-n-Out Burgers
550 Newhall Dr
San Jose, CA 95110

NOVEMBER 2ND, FRIDAY NIGHT

You want a Google map? 'Search' is a wonderful thing...
Don't know it is? Then 'Search' and come and find us..
Do we need a sign up sheet?
Yep! Cuz people like to see this kinda stuff...
Here it is.. ( See Below)
Add your name, G35 driver ID, if that makes you happy. (Bring your +1 too.)

I wanna come to this fantastical event cuz I just am a wild and crazy guy! (or your gender specific ID)

NOVEMBER 2ND - FRIDAY
6:30PM > till you all go home
In-n-Out Burgers
550 Newhall Dr
San Jose, CA 95110
------------------------------
Aptos936 - Alan, I'm coming ( that's what she said...)

Whose next?

The following 2 users liked this post by Aptos936:
calcul8 (10-25-2012), G35Papa (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 08:48 PM
On snap !! I'm down..... Tougemonsterg35 is in.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM
Aptos936 - Alan
Tougemonsterg35 - Orlando

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: South Bay Mini Meets