Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

eBay advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 05:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy eBay advice

Recently, I bought what I believe is a real Top Speed N1 exhaust for my '07 G Coupe. The seller had it on his Z for about 3 months, and it arrived to me in a decent amount of time, and in considerably better condition than I imagined. The only problem is, I didn't recieve the 8" extension pipe that was included in his picture of the exhaust. I e-mailed the seller and he agreed to look for it in his basement. But it has been a week and a half and no response. I don't want to sound like an a$$ when I e-mail this guy again, but I do need this piece. The reason why I'm afraid of pressing harder on this guy is because I don't want to ruin my feedback rating (100% @ 84) because he thinks I was an a$$ when it's clearly his fault for not delivering what was promised in pictures. In any event, if he really does not have this piece, what do you folks think would be a fitting and proper resolution to this issue? I do want to keep the exhaust and shipping it back to him would be way more than I care to do. Should I ask for some money back, and if so, how much? Also (main reason why I posted it in the NorCal section) if this guy really doesn't have this piece, anyone have one they're willing to part with (3" piping)? Thank you all in advance.

PS: I heard that this exhaust's tips sit a little short for the G after i bought it. It'll be something that I'll have to deal with, I guess... (any advice on this as well? Thanks in advance again)

Old 08-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You may need to get the 8" extention from Mynismo.com. I got it from them for the Nismo exhaust I put on my G coupe.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Spoon!
The only advice I can give is be very, very careful with giving negative feedback (for the same reason you specified above). It can ALWAYS come back to haunt you and will keep coming back to haunt you forever.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:18 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea... it is probably not worth the negative feedback. i had a real ****ty deal one time and i ended up giving the guy neutral feedback.

Old 08-02-2007, 12:30 PM
I would e-mail him again to ask for the extension or possibly some money. Also see how my it costs just for the 8" extension or check with a local exhaust shop to see how much it would be to fab it up. You can also have them fab up some piping to extend the tailpipes out some.

Old 08-03-2007, 06:04 AM
Originally Posted by GISMO35
You may need to get the 8" extention from Mynismo.com. I got it from them for the Nismo exhaust I put on my G coupe.
Yes, that's what I need from the original seller. I'm hoping that I can get it from him, if not then from a user who might have a Z that has the extra piece that they can part with. My last resort would be to get from mynismo.com or another retail outlet. Thank you.

Originally Posted by theacolyte
The only advice I can give is be very, very careful with giving negative feedback (for the same reason you specified above). It can ALWAYS come back to haunt you and will keep coming back to haunt you forever.
Originally Posted by sfgr415
yea... it is probably not worth the negative feedback. i had a real ****ty deal one time and i ended up giving the guy neutral feedback.
Yes, as much as I feel like I've been screwed (so far) I don't want to drop a negative feedback yet. Even if the seller comes through I'm considering dropping a neutral because of the time it's taken for the resolution. I e-mailed the seller the day after I got the package, he replied the day after that, and it's been almost 2 weeks since I last heard from him. If he would just shoot me an e-mail saying something like, "Hey, I still haven't found it but I didn't forget about you either," then I might not be as disappointed in him. But at this moment, I feel like he just doesn't care since he has his money and got rid of the thing.

Originally Posted by keen1801
I would e-mail him again to ask for the extension or possibly some money. Also see how my it costs just for the 8" extension or check with a local exhaust shop to see how much it would be to fab it up. You can also have them fab up some piping to extend the tailpipes out some.
I was thinking about the partial refund. How much do you think is appropriate? Since I see the 8" extension for about $50 (before shipping) should I ask for $50? $60 to cover some shipping? Currently I'm thinking of just saying "FXXX IT" and selling the damn thing and just getting one NEW for the G35 so I won't have to deal with missing extensions, short tips, and missing gaskets (yes, I didn't get gaskets either, but I don't want to b!tch too much) but I don't think the one for the G35 is 3" piping.

The only thing I fear right now is the fact that I've been told by friends and others that when I type in my "serious" tone, I tend to come off like a pure a$$hole even when I'm not trying to be, which is why I haven't e-mailed the guy yet. I guess I'll try to come up with a not so negatively-toned statement to the guy and send it later today (Friday). Once again, thank you all who have replied.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 AM
Spoon!
About the 2 weeks thing --

He could be on vacation. His mother could have just died. Any number of things could have happened.

I'm not saying don't do anything, but give it some more time.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:53 AM
if he leaves you you a negetave feedback and you did nothing wrong, you can contact ebay and tell them the whole deal and they could delete it. My friend had that kind of problem couple times before, and ebay cleared everything

Old 08-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
The guy said he'd look in his basement for it? But it was in the picture of what all you should've received?

Maybe send him a Email again and gently ask/inquire if he found it in his basement yet. Give some more time for his response. I know...pita, but gotta be patient with this stuff.

I've given 'neutrals' before and explained in the comments field why. But perhaps in your case...good shipping...received excellent condition...but missing part... And leave it at that.

Guess it all depends on how much you paid. Might want to just take the bite and go get the part elsewhere.

BTW...3" dia is kinnda large for NA applications (assuming you're not FI ) Think max on NA should be 2 5/8 dia. 3" will drop your back-pressure too much and you'll lose power rather than gain.

G/L

Old 08-07-2007, 05:18 AM
Originally Posted by theacolyte
About the 2 weeks thing --

He could be on vacation. His mother could have just died. Any number of things could have happened.

I'm not saying don't do anything, but give it some more time.

Yeah, it's hard to wait for a reply like this, but I know there could be circumstances beyond his control, so I will wait. Hopefully it's nothing bad. Anyways, I e-mailed him Friday Night or Saturday morning (I don't really remember exactly) and no response yet. BTW, how much time do I have before you can't give feedback on a transaction?

maliy06: That's good. I hope it doesn't come down to that, but I will definately keep that in the back of my mind in case worse comes to worse.

06CPV35: I don't like to do this but http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...136888739&rd=1 is the auction, and yes, the pictures show the 8" extension piece. I believe these pics were taken before he put the exhaust on, because there is no dent on the top of the Right-hand side muffler like mine has. I don't care about the slight dent, because once it's on the car, you can't see it anyways.

From the auction, you can see I paid $470. I believe that to be a fair price if everything was all good.

And yes, I am N/A ATM. I am seriously considering FI (Vortech SC) but at the same time really don't know if I want to blow all that money on the SC, installation, and GAS (I'm sure I'd be gunning it a lot if I went FI). I understand that FI is a very big commitment financially, and the monetary loss if I went FI and decided to remove it is not something I want to go through. I make okay money, but I'm definately not in any circumstance where I can just say, "Hmm, I think I'll get a supercharger today... and rims tomorrow..." Therefore, a decision like FI is definately a big commitment if I go that route. Selling an exhaust for a minor loss is something I can live with if it comes down to it as well.

Once again, Thank you all for your input. I hope this gets resolved soon.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:43 AM
Okay, so I found the funniest thing. Apparently, in order to make good on this deal, the seller I bought the exhaust from bought a new 8" extension piece off eBay and is probably going to ship that to me. He e-mailed me last Thursday and said he found it and needed my address again, but I didn't reply to him 'til Saturday because I was sick. Now, I do applaud his efforts to make things right, so should I just turn the other cheek and give this guy a pos. feedback for his efforts in making things right, or still give him a neutral for having to go this route to make things right? Your opinions please...

Old 08-14-2007, 06:14 AM
it sucks to go through this but at lease hes making an effort to do it right. if indeed you do recieve the 8" extension than the seller definetly deserve a pos feeback.
many will not even make it right, be glad hes doing the right thing for you.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:24 AM
+++++++++++ its the right thing to do....

Old 08-29-2007, 04:42 AM
Okay, an update (if anyone cares, which I think you folks probably don't)... I got the extension, bought the missing bolts and gaskets, installed it myself (took only 2 hours while taking my sweet time) and it's loud as hell!!! But I did end up giving him a + with no mention of any problems. Like you said prelude555, he did take the effort to make things right. He gave me a + feedback as well. I honestly would've not thought twice if he did not want to give me feedback but he did and that's what matters.

Oh, and this guy must be a liar or something. If like he said his lease is up, why did he just buy a nismo shifter ****? heheheh Oh well... you hope for it, but at the same time, you can't expect everyone to be 100% honest on a place like eBay.

Old 08-29-2007, 05:23 AM
things happen, glad everything work out for you

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: eBay advice