Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

PD on Highway

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by g35philong
Tell your bro once he gets a court date to fight the ticket, call and cancel say you can't go so you need another court date, keep on doing this until you can't it may throw off the officer and he might not show up. Its worth a shot. Chance are he wil def. show up on the first court date. GL tho.
Judges usually only grant one continuance per side. Don't waste the courts time and money. Show up when you are supposed to.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by rwcblkcoupe
LOL Chippie,
I wish i had time to take a pic .... You have converted one although not permanently mounted... mine has not come off since the last big meet.. And ...side tint... what side tint??? I dont see no side tint officer??
Thanks for all your info chippie... oh by the way is there any way you can post all the names and pictures of the CHP on the Peninsula? ..that way i can remember there names and pretend that i know them when they stop me? No?? oh well worth asking...
How about if I just give you my card? That way when you get stopped, you show it to the officer and go, "This is my brother-in-law" or some other relative. Anyhow, I only know a few classmates that work in RWC and SF. The furthest north I go is Sunnyvale.

Alright, you got it outta me. I almost never stop a car for the sole violation of a vehicle not having a front plate. It's a waste of time. I would rather catch a speeder or a big rig driver doing something stupid. Have I ever written the ticket? Of course. It's usually in conjunction with a host of other violations though. Heck, everytime I take my BBC powered Camaro out, I'm 23109(c). I'll let you look that one up. But at least I have the front plate on it. After all, it's a black plate car and it actually looks cool with those on.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:50 PM
Speed Contests...

23109. (c) A person shall not engage in (any) a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on a highway, and a person shall not aid or abet in a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on any highway.

And yes, black plate is cool, I would've put it on if I had them.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why try to get out of a deserved ticket?

Old 09-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by limeg35
Speed Contests...

23109. (c) A person shall not engage in (any) a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on a highway, and a person shall not aid or abet in a motor vehicle exhibition of speed on any highway.

And yes, black plate is cool, I would've put it on if I had them.
I actually tried getting personalized plates that read either VC23109 or 23109VC, but surprise, surprise, it was already taken. I guess I'm not the only smarty pants who knows his VC's. Hell, I even tried a certain Welfare & Institutions Code, but those plates were issued as well! Oh well.

P.S. g35chippie - thanks for correcting me on the whole PTO for court thing. I knew it was something along those lines.

Old 09-15-2007, 03:28 AM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
How about if I just give you my card? That way when you get stopped, you show it to the officer and go, "This is my brother-in-law" or some other relative. Anyhow, I only know a few classmates that work in RWC and SF. The furthest north I go is Sunnyvale.

Alright, you got it outta me. I almost never stop a car for the sole violation of a vehicle not having a front plate. It's a waste of time. I would rather catch a speeder or a big rig driver doing something stupid. Have I ever written the ticket? Of course. It's usually in conjunction with a host of other violations though. Heck, everytime I take my BBC powered Camaro out, I'm 23109(c). I'll let you look that one up. But at least I have the front plate on it. After all, it's a black plate car and it actually looks cool with those on.

can i get your card...

Old 09-15-2007, 10:28 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
6MT Coupe
Me too...a few of them.
I been a good boy with my front plate on...

Old 09-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Originally Posted by Big Rob
I actually tried getting personalized plates that read either VC23109 or 23109VC, but surprise, surprise, it was already taken. I guess I'm not the only smarty pants who knows his VC's. Hell, I even tried a certain Welfare & Institutions Code, but those plates were issued as well! Oh well.

P.S. g35chippie - thanks for correcting me on the whole PTO for court thing. I knew it was something along those lines.
Try 23103 or 23152. 22350, 22349a or 22348b would be a good one. Want a show stopper? Try 10851 or from the Penal Code 496d.

23109c is the section we cite for spinning the tires.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Never gone
Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by g35 chippie
Try 23103 or 23152. 22350, 22349a or 22348b would be a good one. Want a show stopper? Try 10851 or from the Penal Code 496d.

23109c is the section we cite for spinning the tires.
I'll steer clear of 23152! But 22348b is a damn good one! Unfortunately, it's not as well known as 23109. I thought about 10851 with a vanity frame that reads: Drive it like you stole it. After some thought, I didn't want to give officers an invitation to pull me over! Like you said, it's a show stopper, alright.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:42 PM
i got a ticket for my headlights not being turned on while driving. i thot they were on. fought it. cop was suppose to show up to court to fight the ticket with me, but he never did. ticket was dismissed and i got off clean

Old 09-19-2007, 07:50 PM
Originally Posted by sliq
i got a ticket for my headlights not being turned on while driving. i thot they were on. fought it. cop was suppose to show up to court to fight the ticket with me, but he never did. ticket was dismissed and i got off clean

It's not even a moving violation. It's just a fine like seatbelts and carpool. Although, that is a drunk guy move to drive with your headlights off.

Old 09-19-2007, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by sliq
Yeah, One time I got a ticket for not using the wiper in the rain, I thought it was on , went to court and fought it, that Cop was too scared to show up, so the judget dismiss it....

And this other time? I got ticket for driving with my window up druing the night time, I thought it was down...fought it in court...guess what? got off clean too...

Last edited by limeg35; 09-19-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:18 AM
Premier Member

Do u have to memorize all the codes and procedures???

Old 09-20-2007, 01:13 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cards

Chippie,
Man i was just kidding. Sorry to start this whole thing... HEY ALL YOU OTHER LOSERS.. STEP OFF... I was FIRST>>>LOL
P.S .. Still would love a card though...
Rob

Old 09-20-2007, 01:31 PM
battle froggy
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by limeg35
Yeah, One time I got a ticket for not using the wiper in the rain, I thought it was on , went to court and fought it, that Cop was too scared to show up, so the judget dismiss it....

And this other time? I got ticket for driving with my window up druing the night time, I thought it was down...fought it in court...guess what? got off clean too...

waht you mean your windows up at night? your not allowed to have your windows up? or you talking bout your tint

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PD on Highway