Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Regardless of what may be happening . . .

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Andy,

This is a great post... I just haven't had a chance to get this out of my mind, I've been struggling with it all weekend.

I saw my father over the weekend at a huge family party. Just to update y'all... my father's dying of cancer. He'd been thru a series of 6 chemotherapy and it didn't work. Now he's taking some "trial" medication to see if they'd work. But at the party, my Dad was dancing the night away, he was even dancing to Snoop and knew the lyrics. I was admiring him for his attitude and how he's not letting cancer beat him down and he's fighting this to the hilt. In the meantime, he's enjoying life and living in the moment. My step-Mom was dancing with him too and between the 2 of them, they seem to have this "living in the moment" down path. My father has always enjoyed life even before cancer came into the picture... but it's more apparent now. I'm learning from this man on how to live... since I'm such a workaholic.

This is the only chance we get at life... I've learned that sometimes, it's unfair and I can be blue in the face for being frustrated. But seeing my father go from one girl (old and young) to another asking them to dance with him was a lesson I took in.

I'm still learning something new everyday.

Thanks for the post Andy and thanks for reading.

Last edited by G-girl; 11-13-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:36 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 45 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by urban
Thanks, just found out my wife is having anxiety attacks....whatever next.......

My cousin has them and Xanax is great at those moments.... fyi